• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread

FZZ

Banned
yeah nah I didn't really just watch this for 3 hours just for Mang0 Armada gfs

have fun you guys

mew2king played so bad, forward smashing in the middle of dreamland bad

and people will say Mang0 played amazing even tho leffen choked 2 games, fingerbox is self explanatory, and mew2king was nothing reminiscent of how he usually plays against space animals

im a living bag of salt

Peléo

How can people be unexcited about Mango X Armada ? One of the biggest rivalries in esports, tons of history, amazing sets, counter-pick wars. Even more at Genesis.

FZZ

Banned
Peléo;228909025 said:
How can people be unexcited about Mango X Armada ? One of the biggest rivalries in esports, tons of history, amazing sets, counter-pick wars. Even more at Genesis.

If Magic and Bird were the face of the NBA for more than two decades and Jordan never appeared the league would've died

I'm tired of Magic (Armada) and Bird (Mang0)

I want to see Jordan if only to witness it

If we're gonna get the legacy, then put the right commentators on.

Agreed

also

Banned
Peléo;228909025 said:
I just don't care for Mango and while Armada is okay, I'm really tired of seeing him at the top.

I'm totally not salty m2k didn't make it.

emb

Peléo;228909025 said:
They always have fun sets, I'm sure it'll be a treat on some level.

Last year they were 1-1, so they needed a tie break. Last year Genesis was a surprise comeback tournament, so the throwback felt appropriate.

But in general, was hoping for something different - a plot twist would have been cool.

Peléo

If Magic and Bird were the face of the NBA for more than two decades and Jordan never appeared the league would've died

I'm tired of Magic (Armada) and Bird (Mang0)

I want to see Jordan if only to witness it

Agreed

Ok, I never will doubt it for the rest of my life.

Zocano

Armada doesn't tilt. Mango and Mew2King just go emo and choke super hard. You could see them all playing sloppy as fuck for the past hour and Armada is just a machine. While he's got the skill, from a spectator's view, it's just boring to see him sweep 99% of the time.

Pappasman

That was hilarious. Great top 8 overall and it was pretty crazy to see mango somehow fight his way to GFs, but goddamn he got washed quick. Armada is just unbelievable. Even if he starts slow, his adaptation is completely unparalleled. The moment he reversed the momentum in the M2K set won him the tournament.

M2K started so good, and if he kept up his performance from the start of winners finals he would have probably had the best chance to beat Armada tonight. Leffen definitely should have beat Mango too. Just a werid set.

Leffen could have won the tournament as well tbh.

FZZ

Banned
Armada doesn't tilt. Mango and Mew2King just go emo and choke super hard. You could see them all playing sloppy as fuck for the past hour and Armada is just a machine. While he's got the skill, from a spectator's view, it's just boring to see him sweep 99% of the time.

Que?

Codeblue

Also, obvious to say this now, but Mang0 - Armada isn't as unpredictable as it use to be. Mang0 still has crazy peaks, but they're getting further and further apart, and I hope Tafo can bring some consistency to the table.

I feel like broken finger HBox would have put up a better fight. Consistent and usually has a stable mindset rain or shine.

Top Bottom