• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread

emb

Summit spoilers:
The mafia is broken. Village never had a chance. Should have gotten Mango, they had the chance.
sf4xkOt.gif

Old school smashboards shit talk is the greatest
Had way too much fun looking through the old threads. Can't believe the density of relevant names showing up in old threads. That same page from the quote you mentioned also has posts from ADHD, Solid Jake, Azen, Cort, and Anth0ny. :D

Also, on the Ken vs M2K beef, they didn't actually play for a while, but the next time I saw them play was pretty ugly.

Summit spoilers:
The mafia is broken. Village never had a chance. Should have gotten Mango, they had the chance.

Had way too much fun looking through the old threads. Can't believe the density of relevant names showing up in old threads. That same page from the quote you mentioned also has posts from ADHD, Solid Jake, Azen, Cort, and Anth0ny. :D

Also, on the Ken vs M2K beef, they didn't actually play for a while, but the next time I saw them play was pretty ugly.

does not compute

:p

Woah. A random jigglypuff from florida sent Ice to losers at Tipped Off. And also wobbles is actually playing, figured he might just be on commentary again. Fingers crossed for bizarre handoff desync reality bending weirdness.

Josue

Sup guys, just recently got my Gaf account and also just started trying to get serious about Melee.

Also hope to see another game of mafia tonight haha

Daouzin

Sup guys, just recently got my Gaf account and also just started trying to get serious about Melee.

Also hope to see another game of mafia tonight haha

Nice, what region are you from? Seems like the Melee community is just getting bigger and bigger.

Jesus, poor Ken, haha. I was busting up laughing when commentary was talking about Mew2King going beast on a 5 year old. I've seen that in person so many times back in the day. I was always like, really??? Didn't watch the whole thing, just the first two matches.

Daouzin

I'm from NorCal, but since I'm still like a 40 min drive away from most tournies, I don't get to attend much :p

Oh wow, well that's still a great region to be in. Have you found other players around your level or a bit higher to play with?

Having people to play with regularly is the most important.

Axe looks pretty out of it lately. Feels like people have started figuring him out and it's getting to him. Dunno.
DAYUM the come back. And that finish lmao

Zhu looked fantastic though, real talk.

FZZ

Banned
Axe's controllers all got fucked up

He has been saying on Twitter how his Falco feels better than his Pikachu and it definitely shows in his play as well.

Daouzin

Westballz is really tearing it up. I wanna see PPMD do well so there's an answer for Armada, but I don't think he's it.

Josue

Oh wow, well that's still a great region to be in. Have you found other players around your level or a bit higher to play with?

Having people to play with regularly is the most important.

Nah it's a shame my local scene doesn't really have anything, so I get no practice.

But man West has been fuckin great

Edit: Wowwwwww

Holy shit. Axe and PP competing to see who has more heart for salvaging stressful sets today. PP's set with westballz was nervewracking.

Daouzin

Nah it's a shame my local scene doesn't really have anything, so I get no practice.

But man West has been fuckin great

Edit: Wowwwwww

Ah, that's lame, maybe post in your facebook melee region group and see if you can find someone close.

Yeah, Wes can never clutch it. I think that's a natural negative to being so tech reliant, but he is getting better and better at managing it.

I miss plup's samus, but damn he's still so good. Might not be the popular sentiment, but the new blood players are more interesting to watch imo

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
That Wes PPMD set was one of the best and nerve-wracking sets of the Summit. Good lord.

It was somewhat reminiscent of Apex...but PPMD still looks like he has some work to do. I think he might REALLY benefit from getting another night of rest and starting Top 8 fresh. He's going to need it versus Armada.

Miss Plup's Samus.

Daouzin

That Wes PPMD set was one of the best and nerve-wracking sets of the Summit. Good lord.

It was somewhat reminiscent of Apex...but PPMD still looks like he has some work to do. I think he might REALLY benefit from getting another night of rest and starting Top 8 fresh. He's going to need it versus Armada.

Miss Plup's Samus.

Agreed with all of this.

I miss plup's samus, but damn he's still so good. Might not be the popular sentiment, but the new blood players are more interesting to watch imo

I agree, I don't necessarily want them to win, but I like to see good close matches that challenge the gods.

This commentary lmao

"We can't do that we all have personality disorders!" AHAHAHAHAHA

I wanna chill with PPMD
I actually can't stop laughing this is fantastic

Pappasman

That was a legendary moment in melee history.

Tbh this 4 person commentary is legit so much better than any recent commentary i can remember.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
That commentary was legitimately excellent. By definition, godlike. And was truly a historical moment. So very good from beginning to end.

I love that all of them are in Winners Top 8 too, getting there in their own ways. Kind of like they get to all chill before they have to take on each other tomorrow. That's really fucking cool to see.

emb

PPMD's set with West, man. So sloppy in the last game. No way PP can beat Armada like that, but hey, tomorrow's a new day. I feel like Mango will come through in his winner's match, but M2K has a shot.

Four gods on commentary was amazing. Way too funny, I was cracking up.

Anth0ny

I've never seen a falco fair kill off the side

or a marth dair kill off the side

this game is so weird

this post covered every option except roll to the right

FZZ

Banned
His Falco is more consistent but it was his Fox that won him the Evos brehs

Also SFAT being clutch is always good to see

peter0611

Armada is winning.

Edit: What is Plup doing in his set vs Lucky when he keeps leaning down periodically?
Edit2: Ah, just wiping off sweat.

Top Bottom