• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
M2K got so sloppy game 5. Got in his own head.

Looked like he's been working on that matchup though because he played most of it really well.

FZZ

Banned
Great set

Hbox's nair changed the tempo

Even after the sd and early stock loss dude kept his composure.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got a tournament over Hbox again. Nice win by Mango.

Hbox was definitely looking off today, never see him drop as much as he did.

Neol

Good by mango. Like the playstyle adjustment.

Hbox looks like he was picking it up near the end so the next tourney is gonna be interesting.

Quenk

I kinda like seeing Hbox playing from behind just because he goes for those sick up-air combos instead of just resting.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Poor M2K. He needs to listen to Blur here, but we all know he won't. :(

On the total opposite end of the spectrum

RashHauntingIvorybackedwoodswallow.gif

Mango talking about donating tournament winnings to charity. That's cool.

Anth0ny

literally dying watching the m2k interview

"it was just another set" - m2k on m2k vs mango possibly the most high level marth vs fox set ever

love this guy

emb

Missed all of Dreamhack today since I was at a tournament. Gotta catch up tomorrow night.

For now, glad to hear Mang0 finally did it! Been a while.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Missed all of Dreamhack today since I was at a tournament. Gotta catch up tomorrow night.

For now, glad to hear Mang0 finally did it! Been a while.

Fantastic top 8.

M2K interview was really depressing though.

Also, Wizzy got 4th and got interviewed which was cool. When was the last time a Falcon got 4th? I think he would have beaten Mango too if not for the Falco, because he was on point in the game against Mango's Fox.

Quenk

Fantastic top 8.

M2K interview was really depressing though.

M2K's tweets were also really sad. I hope he's able to get through this.

Also, Wizzy got 4th and got interviewed which was cool. When was the last time a Falcon got 4th? I think he would have beaten Mango too if not for the Falco, because he was on point in the game against Mango's Fox.

I can't remember the last time. Wizzy mentioned that after that match Mango gave him some tips against Falco. That's really cool of him and hopefully Wizzy practices them and gets better at the matchup.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
M2K's tweets were also really sad. I hope he's able to get through this.

I can't remember the last time. Wizzy mentioned that after that match Mango gave him some tips against Falco. That's really cool of him and hopefully Wizzy practices them and gets better at the matchup.

It's a hard matchup, but Wizzy already does good against both Sheik and Fox (which we saw demonstrated well against both SFAT and game 1 against Mango), which are Falcon's only other two particularly bad matchups. So he can probably get the Falco worked out with time and practice. He sounds very committed to improving and probably still has his best years ahead of him.

Interestingly, Reddit is saying that is the highest placement a Falcon player has ever had in a tournament with 3 gods in attendance. Previous highest being Hax with a 5th place finish (who, ironically, was knocked out by SFAT, whom Wizzy beat to secure 4th).

Anth0ny

Speaking of M2K's lack of composure in big games...

In celebration of Mother's day, the OFFICIAL Eminem shop is selling this shirt in both white and black:

MU4r3s0.png

If you want one, grab one now because it's a limited release for only three days.

I copped a white one. I had to <3

also

Banned
Man, m2k came soooo close but the interview and tweets afterwards crushed all my hopes of him getting his mojo back.

Top Bottom