• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Zero's tier list is kind of interesting, if only because he put Falcon at 5. Also put Marth at 2 over Falco, but I think more and more people are starting to agree with that right now.

I don't know if I'd rank Falcon at 5 unless we are strictly looking at potential. In that case I could agree, but factoring in placements it's hard not to put him in at 7/8.

xezuru

I thought M2K joined MVG because he was living with them and he was helping out his homies, but I recall supposedly M2K was signed by Cognitive for a long time, and it seems the support on both sides kinda fell off for that particular sponsor.

Quenk

Zero's tier list is kind of interesting, if only because he put Falcon at 5. Also put Marth at 2 over Falco, but I think more and more people are starting to agree with that right now.

I don't know if I'd rank Falcon at 5 unless we are strictly looking at potential. In that case I could agree, but factoring in placements it's hard not to put him in at 7/8.

M2K was actually talking about it on stream. He has Fox/Falco as top 2 then puff then marth. He thinks Falcon is around 8/9. He mentioned that Armada thinks puff is at 2.

Wasn't EMP the one that sucked, and wasn't paying him and stuff? I remember he had issues with one of his sponsors.

I mean after Sandstorm, MVG looked a little rough too. He's M2K, he could go anywhere he wants I bet.

Unless his attitude / mannerisms are what make sponsors shy away from him?

xezuru

Well, now that Overwatch beta is finished, I can no longer hide my swordsmen inadequacies by owning it up with Genji.

Back to the lab I gooooo

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I remember somebody was talking about the Wii HDMI adapters. Amazon has the Sewells back in stock.

For reference, that plus a low latency monitor is lagless, for all intents and purposes. I haven't personally tested, but apparently my setup averages something like 1/6 of a frame of lag.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The fact it's more like the 64 version makes it that much more odd. I rarely watch 64 so seeing someone die off the top at like 70 is like whaaaat??

I remember somebody was talking about the Wii HDMI adapters. Amazon has the Sewells back in stock.

For reference, that plus a low latency monitor is lagless, for all intents and purposes. I haven't personally tested, but apparently my setup averages something like 1/6 of a frame of lag.

Yeah, I took my two new setups to our Biweekly and people loved them.

Also brackets for the Big Balc (PM) were released today. My brother gets Westballz in his pool.

Don't worry, it's round robin.

And it's PM. He'll be fine.

Josue

The fact it's more like the 64 version makes it that much more odd. I rarely watch 64 so seeing someone die off the top at like 70 is like whaaaat??

Yeah its like DL is known for being a big stage, but they decided to make it have one of the smallest ceilings in sm4sh? Weird

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Pewfat bringing it back. Wonder if they will go to Dreamland again?

Pewfat hype, with two wins on Dreamland. Niiiice.

Wow, those team shine spikes. Never seen that before.

Codeblue

Yeah, triple shine spike to kill Armada and seal the deal was super clutch. I always write SoCal off for teams, but Mang0 and Lucky look super sharp.

Top Bottom