• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread

Jigolo

Ugh, why not both? Hbox has been so damn consistent, especially against m2k. So why not give him the benefit of the doubt and say he wasn't playing his best?

M2K beat him in game 2 after HBOX had gotten two rest kills and came back. Game 1 was M2K 3 stocks vs HBOX 4 stocks. M2k had the so many great angles on the fire fox when he was off stage to escape the b-air or f-air barrage. great mix ups like falling up air and down throw.

hbox got out fucking played

peter0611

Right. I don't disagree with any of that. My point was that it was a combination of getting outplayed and Hbox not playing well this tournament. That's why m2k was able to make such great comebacks and get the 3-0. I believe in giving a player as consistently strong as Armada or Hbox the benefit of the doubt when they go out like that.

Neol

Marth pick was very well thought out.

Armada looks a bit out of practice. A part of me feels like this is kinda a prep for Evo.

xezuru

Marth pick was very well thought out.

Armada looks a bit out of practice. A part of me feels like this is kinda a prep for Evo.

IMO the main thing about mango marth pick is he just does it cause whatever on FD because "chaingrabs are laaaaaaaaaame"

Meanwhile, I feel like this is the first mango sitting in winners grands in a billion years.

Possible Grandfinals:
Mango vs M2K Kreygaaaasm

Pappasman

WTMarth 2 top 8 was great. Mango looking super good today. The fox/marth combo thing is really damn good.

2016 Rise of Marth

Top Bottom