• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
And do what with his soft self? I've seen him come up short more times than not. He's not doing anything at this point.

Obviously he is not coming back, even though he did retire to early. Donovan has won more than any other US player, and has come big in more occasions than anyone else as well.

Its is good that the competition is getting better, but this is clearly a failure for the US.

Hopefully San Penedo can save us.

Mory Dunz

That's what happens when you get out-coached the way he did.
In what way? Lineups? Tactics?

Even in hindsight I would've done the same lineup and subs tbh. Yedlin is a wild card at times but you have to try him. Maybe gonzo and not Alvarado though.

Tactics? I mean, set pieces I guess. But brooks got worked and guzan effed up. Not sure what to do to fix that.

Offensively we played decently enough, but just didn't score.

Maybe we just lost. And that's it.

I'm trying to find something to blame and I dunno. It isn't there. We just didn't score make able chances. Zardes was kinda guilty there.

I think someone here said it best. Bradley is our worst best player. He can't dribble out of pressure. He can't dribble in pressure. He always dribbles into the 2nd defender. And he can't shoot with any kind of pace unless he's completely wide open on his strong foot.

Pretty much the only thing Bradley excels at is the occasional floater pass and taking corners. He just doesn't have the technique to run the show at a world class level.

Dempsey is good but we still lack a true striker who can create shots and opportunities with limited space. There's just too much of a big drop off between Dempsey and all the rest of the forwards. Zardes can't finish. Kevin Bacon can't finish. And the list goes on.

I don't understand why so many US players try to launch the ball into orbit when they are only 10 yards or less away from the goal.

I don't know if we have a coaching or player problem. But I do blame Klinsi for pulling the plug on Donovan prematurely. He still could have been effective in games like this even just coming on as a sub. He has natural instincts and composure in the final third that our current group of forwards and midfields completely lack.

Obviously he is not coming back, even though he did retire to early. Donovan has won more than any other US player, and has come big in more occasions than anyone else as well.

Its is good that the competition is getting better, but this is clearly a failure for the US.

Hopefully San Penedo can save us.

Never got into the Donavan hype over the years. Not saying he wasn't good or accomplished anything but we have players already that has potential of accomplishing more over their careers.

It's definitely a failure for the US but it's good for the tournament showing it's not a given they always get through.

crazyprac

Sigh. Shouldve seen this coming by how they've been playing... But it sucks so much that our program can't make a world cup contender team. Its okay... I'm still young. One day we will!

Mory Dunz

Never got into the Donavan hype over the years. Not saying he wasn't good or accomplished anything but we have players already that has potential of accomplishing more over their careers.

/QUOTE]

Whether he was great or not, no one has potential to even come close to accomplishing what Donovan did.

By simple nature of taking over a national team and domestic league at the time that he did and how he did. No one can come close for that fact alone

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Michael Bradley is not the answer for us at midfield

he's been the best player on the field

K. Beckermann needs to not be there with Bradley. Kyle slows EVERYTHING down and his defense is pretty bad. He always struggle vs more Athletic teams

Sigh. Shouldve seen this coming by how they've been playing... But it sucks so much that our program can't make a world cup contender team. Its okay... I'm still young. One day we will!

Contender teams lose matches all the time when they shouldn't I wouldn't base one loss as being a deciding factor. The world cup is really all about for during the tournament more than the actual qualifying or run up to it. The US has tons of area for improvement with first touch being the main one.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

K. Beckermann needs to not be there with Bradley. Kyle slows EVERYTHING down and his defense is pretty bad. He always struggle vs more Athletic teams

Mix will likely take his slot, he'll be getting a crash course in midfielding from Pirlo soon enough.

Lunar FC

The dude makes a nice pass once every three games and people think he is the cornerstone of the offense

Not against Mexico, even if they are winning 1-0, Concaca will bail out Mexico...

Just like the last tournament!

Ugh, even as much as I dislike Herrera and its band of yellow chicken and woodwork rejects, I just won't be able to stand all the salt and ironic remarks for every single little "suspicious" play during the match. Worst, since El Horrible Peralta already know the "America FC Theatrical Method" works, he and the rest of coop will surely dive like it's the olympics.

Crazy game. My family was watching and were celebrating when it ended. Finally, we get the once-over!

The USMNT did play a crazy offensive second half. The Jamaican goalkeeper's gonna need a breather after this match.

~Devil Trigger~

The dude makes a nice pass once every three games and people think he is the cornerstone of the offense

He makes more then a pass every 3 games, he makes alot of passes to "forwards" that stand around, cant control the ball or who just pass it right back to him...

He keeps the ball well, controls the pace well in the mid... he Not the BEST midfileder in the world by far, but he creates enough danger for the US to win matches like today's.

Mory Dunz

Mix will likely take his slot, he'll be getting a crash course in midfielding from Pirlo soon enough.
Or maybe zeleam. Heh.

But be warned people. Zeleam looks slow as death.

He would probably tie Beckerman in a sprint lol.

He is a better dtibbler though

Mory Dunz

Now that the dust has settled.

Eff dempsey for all the showbaoting. It was really annoying. Especially when you're losing and it doesn't come off

He had a good GC though.

Johnson was one of our best players this cup. Funny how everyone forgets about him.

Wait why not play him instead of zardes. And find someone else at lb???

~Devil Trigger~

Now that the dust has settled.

Eff dempsey for all the showbaoting. It was really annoying. Especially when you're losing and it doesn't come off

He had a good GC though.

Johnson was one of our best players this cup. Funny how everyone forgets about him.

Wait why not play him instead of zardes. And find someone else at lb???

D. Beasley was on the bench

nampad

Unexpected to see Jamaica winning against the USA. Congrats to the team and Winnie Schäfer :)

Seems like Klinsi got some heat going on from the fanbase, lol.

The Llama

Not real people, Internet robots! Has to be!

... And Lalas.

pWzljic.png

SQ4SbOX.png

ctjtdRC.png

I don't get the anti-Klinsmann agenda some people in US soccer media have lol. There are just some people who really want the guy out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom