• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
none of those have the number of inmigrants USA already has
Obviously. You cannot sell a El Salvador vs Honduras in Mexico. But at some point it is not fair that the tournament is held on the US every two years. Mexico and the US are always the home team. The rest of CONCACAF needs to push harder for the cup to be moved abroad.

Lunar FC

Obviously. You cannot sell a El Salvador vs Honduras in Mexico. But at some point it is not fair that the tournament is held on the US every two years. Mexico and the US are always the home team. The rest of CONCACAF needs to push harder for the cup to be moved abroad.

So..bribes?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

nah I'd say most Central America teams except Panama and Costa Rica plus the Caribbean teams are the only ones not benefited from the deal. And we all know Mexico and USA hold all the decision making power in CONCACAF anyway.

Jamaica didn't even qualify out of CONCACAF for the world cup last year and USA was outplayed by them. A termination of Klinsmann would be justified after that imo. That was disgraceful.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jamaica didn't even qualify out of CONCACAF for the world cup last year and USA was outplayed by them. A termination of Klinsmann would be justified after that imo. That was disgraceful.
Playing a three week tournament is a different beast from playing a ten month round robin competition.

v1lla21

Off-topic but I figured this is the place to ask:

Is there any interest in a Liga MX thread? Or would you guys post in the football thread?

Futbol thread?
I would like the american soccer gaf and liga mx thread to be one. Liga mx fans are an extreme minority so i dont see a reason for a thread. I dont post on footygaf thread because people mostly care about english soccer.

Oh i guess they post on footiegaf but i stopped goig there.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
We still should have walked through this game no trouble.
Stop belittling Jamaica. They went to Copa América with their best team and only lost 1-0 vs Uruguay, Paraguay, and Argentina. They have prepared well and they had a much better display of football the whole tournament than the US, who were outplayed by everyone except Cuba.

nah I'd say most Central America teams except Panama and Costa Rica plus the Caribbean teams are the only ones not benefited from the deal. And we all know Mexico and USA hold all the decision making power in CONCACAF anyway.

Actually the CFU is the biggest player in CONCACAF as they vote as a bloc. Most cycles the US is the only nation that even submits a bid to host the Gold Cup.

Darknight

Wow some shitty call. That PAn dude deserved a yellow, no more.

Also PAN playing better with 10 players. Mexico, you better fight for your neighbor's (USA) and play right.

Afrikan

We still should have walked through this game no trouble.

Have yall been following this Jamaican team? I watched their games in the South American Tourney and even though they didn't win a game....they played tough in that Group of Death of theirs. Knew they would cause some trouble in the Gold Cup... they don't get to play together often...and so getting those games in before the Gold Cup sure helped out like some presumed.

So I knew this would be a tough game and I made sure I took the day off of work to catch it.

Azuran

Banned
This tournament was actually co-hosted, as Canada got to play at home for whatever reason.
This isn't a very serious tournament, so people don't need to get so mad.

People keep saying this, but the reactions from most fans shows that this tournament does matter for most. Maybe not that much for the USA or Mexico since they win it all the time, but for the other nations, it would probably be one of their biggest achievements.

Ledbetter

Off-topic but I figured this is the place to ask:

Is there any interest in a Liga MX thread? Or would you guys post in the football thread?

Futbol thread?

I don't think there are a lot of us who would post there. And Football GAF is all about European leagues, I guess.

Osorio

I would like the american soccer gaf and liga mx thread to be one. Liga mx fans are an extreme minority so i dont see a reason for a thread. I dont post on footygaf thread because people mostly care about english soccer.

Oh i guess they post on footiegaf but i stopped goig there.

I never see anyone post about Liga MX in there but I guess I will once the apertura starts.

Anyway, this Gold Cup had its fair share of good moments, but overall its been a lackluster tournament ruined in the later stages by shady refereeing.

Why if their federation is making more money as is?

This is why you see Mexico and El Salvador holding friendlies in the US. Large fan bases and more money per match.

Haha holy shit that red card. Concacaf really needs that Mexico-Usa final. And lets not forget the penalty against Costa Rica. This has to be one of the shittiest football tournaments. Can't wait for the Hex, at the very least there the referee can't sway the outcome of a game in such an obvious way.

v1lla21

I never see anyone post about Liga MX in there but I guess I will once the apertura starts.

Anyway, this Gold Cup had its fair share of good moments, but overall its been a lackluster tournament ruined in the later stages by shady refereeing.
Ill probably make posts liga MX related in the american soccer thread. I know theres a few people in that thread that follow Liga MX so i dont think it's that bad. I dont think Liga MX could carry its own thread without it being dead until every time America, chivas, or Cruz Azul play.

Haha holy shit that red card. Concacaf really needs that Mexico-Usa final. And lets not forget the penalty against Costa Rica. This has to be one of the shittiest football tournaments. Can't wait for the Hex, at the very least there the referee can't sway the outcome of a game in such an obvious way.

Don't know if you've heard but...

Yes I see more liga mx talk in the mls thread. The other one is too European. They don't even care about libertadores there.
Viewing soccer-football like GAF sees, say, NFL or NBA is a mistake. World football is too big to try and encompass on two threads only. Basically we have one for US Soccer and one for the "rest" of the world that got monopolized by European leagues.

Soccer isn't just one league like American sports. A thread for Liga MX/The Americas is a good idea IMO.

Also: TIGRES GOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

uh
remenber the game that was forced to be played while a blizzard was going on while the USA won 1-0

v1lla21

Viewing soccer-football like GAF sees, say, NFL or NBA is a mistake. World football is too big to try and encompass on two threads only. Basically we have one for US Soccer and one for the "rest" of the world that got monopolized by European leagues.

Soccer isn't just one league like American sports. A thread for Liga MX/The Americas is a good idea IMO.

Also: TIGRES GOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL
yup thatd be the best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom