• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars |OT| Extracurricular Activities

If you just hit auto-battle and set it to "Full Force" the game can and will play itself. Outside of the end bosses of each dungeon, I haven't controlled a single battle. And oh my god the dungeons in this game are so boring. I'm seven labyrinths in and it's killing me to continue, but I'm in too deep now to quit. At least it'll be over soon . _.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*reads spreadsheet* Oooohhhh, so there's actually a lot more that I need to get. I don't have any of the special jobs save for Bondsman & Warlock. That's why the "?"s aren't being filled in when I get the other gender for a job.

Probably should be using my thief more often. That might explain why I haven't been able to get certain items for quests from the lab.

Animekatt

How are you guys leveling up your towns? Do you wait until the star child gets to their max level before freeing them, or you free them as soon as they are born?

Tohsaka

How are you guys leveling up your towns? Do you wait until the star child gets to their max level before freeing them, or you free them as soon as they are born?

I usually wait, though you don't need to. You get more progress to the next town level the higher the child's level, though. If you really wanted you could just keep making kids and releasing them at level 1 to get the town to level 100

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I do a mixture of releasing level 1 kids after doing some classmating in order to see another scene with the heroine & continue their story events, then releasing any kids I've maxed out from dungeons that I feel can leave & be replaced with a new kid.

& finally, now I can make mercenaries. Kind of wish the game informed me of these other classes. Had no idea they existed, save for upcoming DLC.

If you just hit auto-battle and set it to "Full Force" the game can and will play itself. Outside of the end bosses of each dungeon, I haven't controlled a single battle. And oh my god the dungeons in this game are so boring. I'm seven labyrinths in and it's killing me to continue, but I'm in too deep now to quit. At least it'll be over soon . _.

My issue is that last time I used "full-force" for a battle the very first action my char/fem combo did was the fucking combined skill that cost like 200+ magic. And it was one of the regular baddies in a floor.

Also I've noticed I am starting to play this game similar to Persona 4. I started by battling every single shadow I saw in a level, but now I've been starting to get a bit more cynical and I tend to skip like half of the ones in a room (of the actual battles, not skippable batles).

My issue is that last time I used "full-force" for a battle the very first action my char/fem combo did was the fucking combined skill that cost like 200+ magic. And it was one of the regular baddies in a floor.

Also I've noticed I am starting to play this game similar to Persona 4. I started by battling every single shadow I saw in a level, but now I've been starting to get a bit more cynical and I tend to skip like half of the ones in a room (of the actual battles, not skippable batles).

True, the protag-heroine party will just burn through their MP, but HP and MP recovery items are dirt cheap (and the game just throws equipment at you like theres no tomorrow) and you can easily just leave and reenter the dungeon for a full recovery. So it's never actually a problem. Also the Full-Force AI is really smart. It'll chain things left and right and exploit as many weaknesses as it can.

True, the protag-heroine party will just burn through their MP, but HP and MP recovery items are dirt cheap (and the game just throws equipment at you like theres no tomorrow) and you can easily just leave and reenter the dungeon for a full recovery. So it's never actually a problem. Also the Full-Force AI is really smart. It'll chain things left and right and exploit as many weaknesses as it can.

I'll give it a try next time I'm doing sidequests.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, most of the heroine events are starting to get more serious, especially with Ellie & Fuuko. Need to advance the story and beat that fifth dungeon so I can continue with their own stories & conclude them.

I must say, the game got a bit more serious at times than what I was expecting.

Edit: & Chloe's story seems to be filled with a whole bunch of complete jerks.

Edit 2: Alright, how the heck do I do the quests where I need to get stuff like Black Shard & Sinful Ore? I'm not finding them in chests or getting them from enemies.....oh it's about finding the right enemies & getting lucky with using thieves.

Alright, found the way to grind.

Was randomly grinding when I auto-battled a fight I wasn't paying attention to and got 3000 EXP.

Huh. Weird. How'd that happen?

Run around some more and find an enemy encounter with these cute balloony enemies and they're the ones that give you insane EXP. After experimenting a bunch, here's what's what.

On the very last floor of every main dungeon (maybe side dungeons, don't think it's true though) when you first enter it there will be one or two mobs of these floaty dealies. Once you kill them, they will not respawn until you leave the dungeon. If there is more than one in a dungeon, they almost always spawn in the same room. They have a tendency to run so hit them as hard and fast as you can, chaining is not recommended. If you want to save time, buy a bunch of the trapdoor items and enemy search when you enter the dungeon. You can see which mobs they are on the map, run in and kill them then port out and head right back in.

I've been doing this to max my little dudes and raise my city up faster as well as keeping under-leveled heroines equal to my most used ones.

Alright, found the way to grind.

Was randomly grinding when I auto-battled a fight I wasn't paying attention to and got 3000 EXP.

Huh. Weird. How'd that happen?

Run around some more and find an enemy encounter with these cute balloony enemies and they're the ones that give you insane EXP. After experimenting a bunch, here's what's what.

On the very last floor of every main dungeon (maybe side dungeons, don't think it's true though) when you first enter it there will be one or two mobs of these floaty dealies. Once you kill them, they will not respawn until you leave the dungeon. If there is more than one in a dungeon, they almost always spawn in the same room. They have a tendency to run so hit them as hard and fast as you can, chaining is not recommended. If you want to save time, buy a bunch of the trapdoor items and enemy search when you enter the dungeon. You can see which mobs they are on the map, run in and kill them then port out and head right back in.

I've been doing this to max my little dudes and raise my city up faster as well as keeping under-leveled heroines equal to my most used ones.
So basically...
eSatxtm.png

Man they took more inspiration from Persona than I realized lol. And thanks for the heads up, will definitely be searching for them. Once I found this trick in P4 I basically stopped fighting regular baddies and only ran around dungeons looking for these guys.

Ha, I may have spoken too soon. Now I can't get any to appear. I may need to experiment a bit more to find out what triggers them spawning.

Weird considering I had a 20 or so back and forth run with ones spawning every time.

Edit: Also, forgot to mention the kicker; if you steal from them you get class change items.

K.Sabot

Played the demo and it came really close to my threshold of how much anime dumbness I can take.

There's just something incredibly disturbing about disposable children.

It was very endearing in the end though. Want to buy this someday.

Got it.

Okay, so the enemies have a very very small chance of spawning every floor. However, you know the locked doors your star children can open? They have a much MUCH greater chance of spawning behind those doors. The reason I kept fighting them on the last floor was because the dungeon I'm doing almost always has a locked door on that floor.

There's probably more jibberyjoo regarding it but I've just tried it three times and got two spawns out of three so it seems to be solid.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Reminder of today's DLC coming out later:

Love & Magic - $2.49 (gives you item to make Witch class kids, normally found by stealing said item on certain dungeon, floor, & enemy)

Seeking Power - $2.49 (gives you item to make Dark Knight class kids, again found by stealing the item in a dungeon).

Fallen Disciple quest - Free (not sure when you'll be able to do it in-game, as I haven't even gotten to the point that I can do the Warrior of Sadness one)

Dugna

Reminder of today's DLC coming out later:

Love & Magic - $2.49 (gives you item to make Witch class kids, normally found by stealing said item on certain dungeon, floor, & enemy)

Seeking Power - $2.49 (gives you item to make Dark Knight class kids, again found by stealing the item in a dungeon).

Fallen Disciple quest - Free (not sure when you'll be able to do it in-game, as I haven't even gotten to the point that I can do the Warrior of Sadness one)

So these DLC classes can actually still be acquired in game?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, the normal means to get certain special jobs is to steal a specific item (using the thief) from an specific enemy on specific floors at specific dungeons. For example, Witch is available when you steal the Magical Girl Heart item on about 2F or 3F of Sealed Tomb. That spreadsheet linked on the last page has their locations along with the enemies that should hold them. All of the class-related DLC is just a simpler method of gaining said items.

& reminder if you want to have the game load the DLC, you gotta go to the comm. station & import it.

Dugna

Yes, the normal means to get certain special jobs is to steal a specific item (using the thief) from an specific enemy on specific floors at specific dungeons. For example, Witch is available when you steal the Magical Girl Heart item on about 2F or 3F of Sealed Tomb. That spreadsheet linked on the last page has their locations along with the enemies that should hold them. All of the class-related DLC is just a simpler method of gaining said items.

& reminder if you want to have the game load the DLC, you gotta go to the comm. station & import it.

Ok thanks for the link, been busy with school and catching up backlog that I missed some of these updates.

I got the Witch Quest DLC because I had the money in my PSN wallet and I'm really confused on what to do. I've accepted the quest and assumed the '!' on Whirlwind Tunnel meant the quest is there; but I have no idea what I'm even looking for. Anyone willing to help me out?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got the Witch Quest DLC because I had the money in my PSN wallet and I'm really confused on what to do. I've accepted the quest and assumed the '!' on Whirlwind Tunnel meant the quest is there; but I have no idea what I'm even looking for. Anyone willing to help me out?
It should say what floor it's on when you highlight the correct floor. If it's an item, then you have to use a thief with the Pickpocket ability to steal an item from the enemy or find it in a chest (though that's usually the quests for finding armor).

FluxWaveZ

I'm close to just telling everyone to leave me alone when it comes to dialogue choices. I don't care about your stupid ghost, Fuuko.

FluxWaveZ

What about your waifu?

I don't have a waifu! Ellie seems to be the most tolerable to hang out with so far, though. But it's not like they don't mostly seem to have redeeming qualities. I like hanging out with each of the girls, for the most part, except for the teacher and Narika. Those two are boring as hell, with Chlotz constantly being paranoid about his sister in the former.

I don't have a waifu! Ellie seems to be the most tolerable to hang out with so far, though. But it's not like they don't mostly seem to have redeeming qualities. I like hanging out with each of the girls, for the most part, except for the teacher and Narika. Those two are boring as hell, with Chlotz constantly being paranoid about his sister in the former.
:O May Neptune have mercy on your soul

Serina<3

Moonlight

Banned
Started with Chloe, accidentally got way farther with Serina, so I guess I'll stick with her. Might switch if Feene lives up to the hype.

EDIT: Also dungeon-crawling in this game kinda sucks. Really limited variety in enemy types, you move too slowly and labyrinths are too big, too many floors, and battles aren't really rewarding. It was kinda fun near the beginning but I'm getting sick of it. At the third plot dungeon now.

pariah164

Sigh.

Finally started playing the Conception II demo... I cannot get into this game. The characters all feel flat and do nothing for me. The story feels rushed. Spike Chunsoft, I want to like your games, but this is a miss for me. On the positive side, at least the game doesn't discriminate; no matter how flat a female character is, they get jiggle physics.

Welp, time to go back to DanganRonpa and FFX.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ohhhh nooooo. My fears were confirmed. I noticed for Fuuko, since I chose her for a specific scene, it only has it listed for her under Events. Even worse, it seems there might be multiple versions, as the one I got had the subtitle of "[Good]".

I seriously hope this doesn't put a huge damper on seeing all the events/getting the heroines' endings.

So, uh...

Anyone else on Team Feene now?

I figured she'd be the most boring, but now she's in my favorite three. And that theme. So good.

I know eventually I'm going to have to choose.

I DON'T WANT TO CHOOSE

Up to the final boss. Sudden difficulty spike. I'm under-leveled. I need to grind. I don't want to keep playing this game. I can't stop this close to the end. This must be what hell is like.

Up to the final boss. Sudden difficulty spike. I'm under-leveled. I need to grind. I don't want to keep playing this game. I can't stop this close to the end. This must be what hell is like.
Don't force it dude, I stopped dark souls 2 like 2 boss fights from the final. If your not having fun no need to force it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WTF game, you never told me I unlocked the swimsuits as outfits for the dungeons (oh & MC's class uniform)!!

Top Bottom