• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars |OT| Extracurricular Activities

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Atlus why did you censor the classmating track? :(
Did they really censor it? Granted, I thought it was weird how the song feels cut-off (I thought it was just the demo), especially now that I've heard the "full" version on the OST. Figured it would play that second part when you would make star children with 2 girls at the same time.

Serrato

Did they really censor it? Granted, I thought it was weird how the song feels cut-off (I thought it was just the demo), especially now that I've heard the "full" version on the OST. Figured it would play that second part when you would make star children with 2 girls at the same time.

Ok, this game really doesn't pull any punch in regards of Innuendo?

I played it for like 3h yesterday. I think I never laughed that much playing a game.

ethanny2

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but in the 3DS demo I feel the BGM music is louder than the girls talking. I can barely hear them. Anyone else have this issue? Is it present on vita?

Should I ever really be worrying about the actual gameplay mechanics and upgrading equipments/kids or does the game never really get that hard? lol

This game's writing is something else though. I love how it just goes for it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but in the 3DS demo I feel the BGM music is louder than the girls talking. I can barely hear them. Anyone else have this issue? Is it present on vita?
Go to options & you can adjust the music, voice, & SE volumes. I recall that happening to me as well.

My 3DS version came in this morning along with that FF Amano artbook from Amazon. May not get to it for a little while but I wanted to Day 1 it partly to support the Atlus localization (including the requisite English dub).

Ryuukan

Yes, you hear the "just wanna make love to youuuuuu" on the Japanese version

Somehow , nintendo allowed screenshots on the miiverse comunity of this game

That is VERY surprising giving it's M rating actually.

(edit)First page gold.

zlCfzRzZh_s6vD_C9K

zlCfzRzZh0U1v1dE4m

zlCfzRzYuXMdhXpf2b

Oh no doubt it will benefit the game, just more that you can't even say "dick" unless referring to someone by name on Miiverse, so for them to allow them to post images of such on the board was an interesting choice.

Kagami

Atlus why did you censor the classmating track? :(

Did they really censor it?

Ah they did? It did feel kind of abruptly cut.. :(

Yes, you hear the "just wanna make love to youuuuuu" on the Japanese version

Low-level classmating scenes are too short to get that far in the song.
Here's an example from someone playing the Japanese version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUpSkxpXkVE&t=525 (8:45)

Just wait until you get to high level classmating....

This.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aah, okay. I figured it was either with 2 girls at the same time or further into the story/higher relationship level.

Also oh god some of the choices I want to make, but can't due to wanting to keep their mood positive since I know it'll result in a negative response.

Edit: Oh, I had to go to the Comm. Station to import the DLC. The Disciple Weapon Pack is okay, as they're good for increasing attack & magic, but speed SUCKS.

& I like how 100% of the purple "careful, this might be a trap!" chests I've opened weren't traps.

Haven't started the game up yet, but I went to the Nintendo E-Shop to get the DLC and it launched the game and took me to the title screen. How far do you have to get in game before you can get the DLC?

Dugna

Aah, okay. I figured it was either with 2 girls at the same time or further into the story/higher relationship level.

Also oh god some of the choices I want to make, but can't due to wanting to keep their mood positive since I know it'll result in a negative response.

Edit: Oh, I had to go to the Comm. Station to import the DLC. The Disciple Weapon Pack is okay, as they're good for increasing attack & magic, but speed SUCKS.

& I like how 100% of the purple "careful, this might be a trap!" chests I've opened weren't traps.

I kinda wish the trap chests would actually do something for once....I don't want it to randomly sometime in a very long and hard dungeon think "Ohh hey remember we are actually bad" and then wipe half my team....

Rarutos

What does it mean if one of the children has a star under them?

It means you got really lucky and got a "genius" child. They have boosted stats and max level cap.

According to some guys on GameFAQs, at least.

I got one of these myself, and when I did I had all the classes unlocked to be chosen, and it was a hard choice. I went with Magic Knight in the end...

Abdiel

I am genuinely envious of all of you that already have the game... I ordered it, even marked it for expedited shipping, but it went from UPS and now being fulfilled by USPS... It hasn't left the USPS center in over 24 hours. I'm thinking if it hasn't moved by tomorrow morning, I'm going to call them and just drive the half hour to go pick it up, cause I shouldn't have to wait another 24 hours for no reason. Ugh!

fedexpeon

Banned
I am genuinely envious of all of you that already have the game... I ordered it, even marked it for expedited shipping, but it went from UPS and now being fulfilled by USPS... It hasn't left the USPS center in over 24 hours. I'm thinking if it hasn't moved by tomorrow morning, I'm going to call them and just drive the half hour to go pick it up, cause I shouldn't have to wait another 24 hours for no reason. Ugh!

Don't waste your time, not worth it for this game sadly =/.
My goodness the battle system is boring.
The ONLY reason to play this game is to unlock scenes with the girls.
So if you really enjoy the dating sim lite aspect of this game, then yeah, drive 30mins to get the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, just noticed you can't spam giving the same gift over & over to the same girl. Once you give it to them, you can't give it to them again. & while it does seem you can get different reactions based on if they like it or not (I assume accessories are the same), it won't affect the mood if you choose the option that raises it.

Edit: There we go, leveled up a relationship to 3 & got the longer "TOOUUUCCCHHHH MMYYYY HEEEAAAAARRRRTTTTT"

I'm having a lot more fun than I expected.

Question: where so you buy gifts and is there a specific preferred gift for each girl? I noticed that on the third conversation you have, you have the option to give a gift. Bit I didn't have any to give so I felt bad and reloaded an earlier save.

Edit: and also, are there any preferred options when having conversations? Like always choose the first or second option to follow a certain path or something.

badgenome

I'm having a lot more fun than I expected.

Question: where so you buy gifts and is there a specific preferred gift for each girl? I noticed that on the third conversation you have, you have the option to give a gift. Bit I didn't have any to give so I felt bad and reloaded an earlier save.

Edit: and also, are there any preferred options when having conversations? Like always choose the first or second option to follow a certain path or something.

I'm not sure if they have preferences. But there are some conversations that don't advance the girls' stories and allow you to give a gift, and these are repeatable, so I wouldn't worry about running out of gifting opportunities.

And no. The options are random. If you have cause to reload a save you'll notice that what was the first option before may be the second option this time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You unlock the gift shop after leveling up the town/setting so many children free (I think it's Level 5?) & it's the very bottom option.

As for preferred gifts, it doesn't seem to matter, but I noticed some girls will prefer things over others while other gifts seem to just be good overall. Fuuko likes some of the food items while Narika likes cute stuff & that confidence charm.

For conversation options, pretty much go with what you feel is the "best"/most positive response. The game will tell you if you've chosen that option before, so it's handy to have it remember the one choice you already did (which is extra helpful when you know it's a positive one).

Pbae

So I haven't gotten far in the game so do you think it's better to play the demo and link it to the game to get the bonus'?

Top Bottom