• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord’s second free weekend on PS5 sees 8% player drop | Game confirmed to have no Battle Passes

I'm confused, wasn't Sony's push for all these shitty GaaS titles because they wanted the Fortnite money? Do they really think people are going to spend money on cosmetics for the destruction all stars of the galaxy cast of woke characters?

The should get on the phone to the WB team and figure out how to write this shit off as a tax loss whilst they still can.

Aenima

Se9_IR.gif

Last edited:
Can’t still believe they want to charge money for the game. Everyone said a long time ago already that it needs to be free to play to even has a chance. Now we know that even free to play would not save it.

Happy that it bombs hard, hope for some news soon that Sony stopped development of some of their other gaas games and return to focus solely again on single player experiences.

Varteras

This really needs to be used as an example of what NOT to do. Don't charge into a firmly established genre with nothing to set you apart, being made by a studio that probably thinks blue hair and a side shave is a mark of creative genius, and think you're going to upend the established monetization model.

Stormgate will be F2P because StarCraft 2 established that model in competitive RTS. That's not even a flooded market at all and they knew better than to charge where the genre king didn't anymore. To me, it looks like arrogance to believe they had something so special that they could ignore how it's done by Overwatch, Valorant, Apex Legends, Fortnite, and Warzone.

Now, could this game end up surprising the fuck out of me? Might I eat my words later? Sure. I did with Helldivers. To an extent. But this game is trying to tackle a completely different, super competitive beast. And from what I can tell, the devs thought they could slay that dragon with a butter knife and sexual identity.

Hopefully, Bungie is taking notes and possibly preparing to take on some former Firewalk devs in a year or two. How interesting that would be to see former Bungie devs right back home.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
You can tell that the 2010s were when all the loony DEI types infiltrated the gaming industry. Now all their big ass, expensive as hell next-gen games that started development around 2017-2018 are coming to fruition and bombing catastrophically.

And we still got a few more coming! Dragon Age Veilguard, Fairgame$, possibly Fable + Avowed, and more!

Hestar69

You can tell that the 2010s were when all the loony DEI types infiltrated the gaming industry. Now all their big ass, expensive as hell next-gen games that started development around 2017-2018 are coming to fruition and bombing catastrophically.

And we still got a few more coming! Dragon Age Veilguard, Fairgame$, possibly Fable + Avowed, and more!
Please not Fable and Avowed I need/want them to be good........Dragon Age is a lost cause it seems sadly..

PaintTinJr

With such an obvious failure in their hands, Sony should just cancel this game's launch and try to get a tax write off.
How's about them doubling down and buying the the entire rights to something like Thundercats and then doing first month skins using all the original 80's characters as skins?

They could then start building game modes specific to that IP using the existing tech for Concord all the while still working on Concord modes in parallel while hoping the IP draws a bigger crowd, and then after 12months if the game still ends up dead and even the IP specific modes are dead too, they at least ended up with a good IP purchase that probably helped keep the game alive longer, and losing less money and being less embarrassment from avoiding a DoA.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
How's about them doubling down and buying the the entire rights to something like Thundercats and then doing first month skins using all the original 80's characters as skins?

They could then start building game modes specific to that IP using the existing tech for Concord all the while still working on Concord modes in parallel while hoping the IP draws a bigger crowd, and then after 12months if the game still ends up dead and even the IP specific modes are dead too, they at least ended up with a good IP purchase that probably helped keep the game alive longer, and losing less money and being less embarrassment from avoiding a DoA.
I always wanted to play as an obese black lesbian Lion-O. Think of the sales potential!

Seriously though this game is just beyond saving. You’d be better off taking that money and flushing it down the toilet.

Acidjuice

can i ask why theres such a pushback against concord? i knowits just another generic hero shooter but people here seem to really want this to fail miserably

simpatico

Gold Member
No Battle Pass, folks. You own Concord, Concord doesn't own you.
This is just as cringe as the Xbox viral marketers on twitter who post "Sony fans pay, Xbox fan play"

They should have just let them hold all that cringe instead of trying to top it.

simpatico

Gold Member
can i ask why theres such a pushback against concord? i knowits just another generic hero shooter but people here seem to really want this to fail miserably
It's the perfect avatar for everything wrong with modern gaming. The pandering The generic art. The ripped off Marvel tone. The Temu Guardians of the Galaxy character design. The hero shooter trope. The comically slow movement and aiming. It just ticks every single box.

clarky

Gold Member
Games like these need progression to keep the masses entertained. Everyone loves arbitrary numbers going up and rewards as you play.

Battle passes, unlocks, ranks, ranked play etc. Its missing almost everything that is proven to help with player retention.

Just goes to show how much these dev don't understand their audience, by the looks of things in every single way.

JaksGhost

Is that the amount of people who played the beta, or am I reading it wrong?
it was at the bottom showing where they drew the number from.

Chart compiled using gameplay data from over 3.1 million active PlayStation accounts (not just TrueTrophies accounts). Chart information is copyright GameInsights. Regarding this data:
  • When an account opens a game, this is registered as a game being played. Accounts can only register a game once per week.
  • Our data is good for suggesting general trends — we represent this using percentages, not numbers.
The true percentage could be higher or lower.

Acidjuice

Its a product made to send a The Message instead of trying to make it appealing to gamers.
i have seen very little criticism of the actual game mechanics aside from people loving battle passes (i personally can't comment as i've only ever bought the one for RDR2 and was very disappointed with it)
so am i wrong in assuming much of it is due to an anti-woke circlejerk?

MayauMiao

i have seen very little criticism of the actual game mechanics aside from people loving battle passes (i personally can't comment as i've only ever bought the one for RDR2 and was very disappointed with it)

Do you consider gamers who don't like the the game due to its ugly character designs to be part of anti-woke circlejerk?

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

I’m not the target audience because I hate MOBA shit in my shooters, but outside of internet gaming discussions the problem with the game is that it looks like it was AI generated. The bad art is simply unmarketable.

Top Bottom