• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is getting significant updates on Steam backend, F2P relaunch likely - Luke Sephens (Insider Gaming)

GHG

Gold Member
ERTD7NO.jpeg

Concord may be offline, but it doesn’t appear fully dead just yet. If you haven’t checked the Concord’s SteamDB page in weeks, you’ve likely missed that it has continued to see various updates on Steam.

Over the last few weeks, there have been multiple daily updates to the game on Steam. Since October 6, the game has seen 20 updates on Steam by various users such as “pmtest”, “sonyqae_shipping”, and “sonyqae”. It’s unknown what the updates are exactly, but there are rumors that the game could be looking to re-release as a free-to-play title.

GwzhGEs.png

With the game reportedly taking eight years to develop and costing $400 million, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the game relaunched as a free-to-play title. The last time the game was available for players to play for free, however, the game saw a peak of just 2,388 players during an open beta.

There’s been no comment from PlayStation or Firewalk about what these updates could be for.

We Are Back Hong Kong GIF by GIPHY News

begotten

What a mess. If Dumb Dumb Herman wasn't in charge, they would have course corrected like they did with Destruction All Stars. Was so obvious the game should have been delayed and gone F2P.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
tbh, i think if they want to have a fair chance, they at least need to improve:
1) The gameplay , i heard that the game is quite "slow"? i never played the game.
2) The awful character design, since they need the skin MTX sales.

Holammer

giphy.gif

Game cost too much to write off without another attempt, will be funny if players still reject it.

What if it's a complete re-imagining with new character designs made to appeal to the oh-so-important chud demographic?
I'm talking big tiddies and a guy called Chad McChinface.

yogaflame

Sweet baby inc has allot of money, political backing and political climate support, that is why any games that they are part of, they will never give up as long as the twisted woke agenda is push :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
praying-pray.gif

If true please include some sort of campaign PvE Co-op mode this time. I heard good things about the deep lore in this game from those who actually played it.

It would be a shame to waste it all on PvP.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I mean they need to salvage a 400M investment on the next Star wars.... let them try tho and get a harder humiliation when not even for free people are going to give it a try

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
giphy.gif

Game cost too much to write off without another attempt, will be funny if players still reject it.

What if it's a complete re-imagining with new character designs made to appeal to the oh-so-important chud demographic?
I'm talking big tiddies and a guy called Chad McChinface.
I think they should replace the entire cast with anime waifus, and their clothes deteriorate and fall off as they take damage.

[Sigma]

Seems like this was going to be the way they go after they pulled the plug the first time. I got news for them though if they don't at least do something about those characters because that doesn't seem like it's going to attract players even with the game being f2p. I can understand not letting a mp project with this amount money just go though without trying to make it f2p at least first. But you know someone high up in Japan gotta be looking at this with a side eye. Hermen, you may have to make this count or you and many in Firewalk may about to lose yo jobs.:messenger_neutral:

Last edited:
Top Bottom