• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is getting significant updates on Steam backend, F2P relaunch likely - Luke Sephens (Insider Gaming)

MLSabre

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Wish they out that time and resources into other projects but alas. If they want to triple down, let them.

I'm really keen to see what changes they actually make. Not just going free to play but if they actually remove the pronoun stuff and if they do any work on the characters themselves.

Fess

It’ll fail twice unless they change the characters and add a single player mode. People didn’t bother playing it during the open beta, fans dropped it in 2 weeks, why would making it f2p dramatically change anything?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The gameplay itself was okay-ish. Nothing extraordinary, but nothing bad either. It was just fine.

The main issue for the game was (1) its price and (2) aesthetics / character design

Perhaps there is a small chance for Concord if Sony resolves both these issues.

Dazraell

I might be wrong but I think they're probably testing ideas and exploring different options. Doesn't have to mean it will come back, Sony may just pull a plug when they'll finally decide what they actually want to do with Firewalk Studios. I just don't think quick relaunch as F2P will solve Concord's problems and the amount of time and work needed to make this something lasting for longer may potentially take much longer than a few months

ValiantInstance

Neo Member
This is like when the memes convinced Sony to re release Morbius. Will be the same result, only 2000 people bothered with the open beta on Steam and it will be impossible to shake off the label of laughing stock.

clarky

Gold Member
Great news, this game has been fantastic entertainment since the beta on GAF. Glad to see it continue.

Hopefully they fired the art director.

That is like transplanting an organ to a patient who even with this new organ will not survive a whole week.

Can’t believe they still are willing to pump some money in this game.

dottme

If I remember, even the free beta didn’t do great. There’s one part of me who want Sony to do it to see what will happen.
If they realease it quickly, it might even be GOTY at the game award.

Laptop1991

Just shows you the mindset of the gaming industry now, but i suppose after spending 400 million and making it free to play, some people will still play and buy whatever crap they sell inside it, not matter how few they number, so it will be making some money back at least, it will never be even an average game, but it was never mean't to be more than that.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Congratulations. In just little more than a month the Concord tax applied to everything Sony has made enough money to relaunch this thing, and we'll have to hear about it for longer.

mom son GIF

Top Bottom