• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is getting significant updates on Steam backend, F2P relaunch likely - Luke Sephens (Insider Gaming)

Fake

Gold Member
400m is becoming more true. They not gonna give up so easily after this shit amount of money.

But Sony re-releasing Morbius was funny, so I kinda expect Concord a second time.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Is it going to bomb twice like Morbius?
Staring Jared Leto GIF by MorbiusMovie

At least Morbius was a popular meme when they brought it back. The only thing I have seen people talking about regarding Concord since it was mercy killed is debating how much money it lost.

The correct time to rework this completely as a f2p game was after the open beta couldn’t generate any interest.

6fe.jpg

Holammer

praying-pray.gif

If true please include some sort of campaign PvE Co-op mode this time. I heard good things about the deep lore in this game from those who actually played it.

It would be a shame to waste it all on PvP.
People are credited for having worked on some sort of PVE content, they probably meant to introduce it as part of a season update.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Luke Stephens late to the party. Concord has had lots of updates since the game delisted and got shut down. Sometimes numerous updates in the same day.

But for Sony, third times a charm. Beta test. Fail. Release. Fail. F2P...... lol

Makes sense though. Probably why we havent heard the studio shut down yet. It's hard to imagine Sony still paying them FT wages for a month with nothing to do.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
400m is becoming more true. They not gonna give up so easily after this shit amount of money.

But Sony re-releasing Morbius was funny, so I kinda expect Concord a second time.
LOL. I never knew Morbius re-released. From wiki.

The negative reception toward the film generated an ironic meme culture surrounding it with "praise", which led Sony to re-release it into 1,000 theaters on June 3, 2022.[86] This re-release also performed poorly, making just $280,000 over the weekend.[87][88]
As for Concord, Sony is swimming in money. They peeled out $400M for Pink Floyd. lol

Fake

Gold Member
LOL. I never knew Morbius re-released. From wiki.

Thanks to Sony listening trolls over Twitter. Hope they can fail again with Concord, as looks they don't know yet what went wrong... don't know or don't accept.

To be fair, there are some ignorance around the discussion, maybe Sony after watching youtubers conclude the main reason for Concord to fail was mainly the price and nothing more.

Asking for money was one of the vast reasons for Concord to fail, not the main. In fact, I can even go beyond and say the price was the lower reason for Concord to fail.

Lets see if Concord will be the Morbius of the gaming history.

Unless they significantly change artstyle and character design I highly doubt it make any difference.

Are you really think they would do that after doubling down Concord? Just look at what Sony have been delivering this gen. Every liberal place is infected with this stupid toxic positivity, no way they gonna ever listen again any feedback from their fanbase.

Ask yourself that question. There is a problem with Sony in this departament and they gonna never admit that.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
had the original ff14 (almost) broken before?
concord maybe trying to comeback like this.
like Fake Fake mentioned in post above, first devs of Concord needs come in terms with what went wrong with game before going fixing the set problem which is exactly what FFXIV devs did.

they decided themselves to make Hero shooters and just like fighting games one of the most important part is character designs. In games like COD or BF you can get away with boring or ugly design because in those games you play as avatars rather than actual characters.

Last edited:
The other part of it would be, how hard would it be to change the economy to work while F2P.

That's assuming you could get people to play it if even if it was free.

Last edited:

IAmRei

Concord graphic, imo, is not bad. If they change the character designs to be more competent as hero shooter, maybe there will be a chance, maybe.

But the name is already killed... Once... They will need to think about it, if they want to relaunch

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
The problem is the beta didn’t generate any major interest and that was free

Dunno how f2p is gonna do much at this point but I guess it’s worry trying since it’s already a sunk cost

Drake

I just found out a few weeks ago that Daw (the fat character with the FUPA) is a male. No joke, I thought that character was a woman the entire time.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I mean, makes sense to try with the amount of money they put into it. But man, what a waste. It being a paid product isn't the only issue with the game, it's a lot more than that.

Top Bottom