• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conor Mcgregor mentions Rocky III "dancing monkeys"; says meant circus-like celeb gym

kasane

Ya... still in his corner for some reason. I mean, I'm not going to lose sleep over him falling into hard times after this fight, but I sure as hell want him to beat this punk's ass. This whole situation could be an interesting litmus test for what angers a person more: Racism or domestic abuse.

lmao mayweather is also a racist piece of shit

commedieu

Banned
We ain't in Ireland no more and Conor has spent enough time in America to know how 'boy' can be used as a pejorative against people of colour.

If you watch the video. He caught that..and started calling him son.

Connor is a bigot. He's been a bigot for every fight.press. same with clarkson.

I enjoy the guy as entertainment. But he's a bigot. Was with aldo, diaz, and I'm sure most folks.

The problem is that bigot doesn't = hitler. Which is why so many people try to fight it. Folks that generally have no idea what racism or bigotry is, try to gymnastic around it. But nah, he's a bigot. Colorful and funny, at times, but he's a bigot.

Takuan

If you watch the video. He caught that..and started calling him son.

Connor is a bigot. He's been a bigot for every fight.press. same with clarkson.

I enjoy the guy as entertainment. But he's a bigot. Was with aldo, diaz, and I'm sure most folks.

The problem is that bigot doesn't = hitler. Which is why so many people try to fight it. Folks that generally have no idea what racism or bigotry is, try to gymnastic around it. But nah, he's a bigot. Colorful and funny, at times, but he's a bigot.

He dropped "Dance for me, boy" again in yesterday's presser. The man knows what he's doing.

Is there *any* scene in the Rocky films that features anyone dancing in the gym? I watched the link to the clip in question... doesn't look like anyone's dancing to me, unless he's throwing shade at boxing *and* black people. He very well could be. Or he could be misremembering.

Looking forward to a nice humbling.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
He dropped "Dance for me, boy" again in yesterday's presser. The man knows what he's doing.

Is there *any* scene in Rocky that features anyone dancing in the gym? I watched the link to the clip in question... doesn't look like anyone's dancing to me, unless he's throwing shade at boxing *and* black people. He very well could be.

Looking forward to a nice humbling.

In Rocky 3, Rocky loses to Clubber lang and in an attempt to get his groove back, so to speak, he joins his one time Nemesis Apollo Creed in training in a black gym where they can try and make Rocky not so plodding and heavy on his feet... because Black people apparently are light on their feet and have a natural ability for it or something.

Goofalo

It amazes me how a guy with no boxing experience can fight one of the best boxers ever in his first fight

It amazes you that people want to make money?

I hope Conor loses his temper, goes MMA on Mayweahter, beats the everloving crap out of him in a mounted position. Conor is DQ'd, Mayweather gets his 50 and goes away. And we never see a sideshow MMA vs Boxing fight ever again.

But...in reality, garbage human Mayweather will win because he's one of the greatest boxers ever. And McGregor will never shut up about it.

Takuan

In Rocky 3, Rocky loses to Clubber lang and in an attempt to get his groove back, so to speak, he joins his one time Nemesis Apollo Creed in training in a black gym where they can try and make Rocky not so plodding and heavy on his feet... because Black people apparently are light on their feet and have a natural ability for it or something.

TIL Stallone was on that "instantaneous movement" tip before the creator of Ippo.

It amazes me how a guy with no boxing experience can fight one of the best boxers ever in his first fight

Mayweather turned himself into the biggest star and draw in the history of the sport despite the fact that large parts of the audience that buy his fights find him "boring". Nobody gave a fuck about him when he was "Pretty Boy". He's done a masterful job of getting people to buy his fights on the off chance that someone finally shuts him up. People will tune in for spectacle over skill.

Goretrail

Ok, so I don't pay attention to sports, but, I thought I have heard in the past that when non MMA fighters fight MMA fighters they tend to get trounced. Is this not the case? Seems like a lot of people in this thread seem to think Mayweather is going to win, he is a boxer, yes?

Apt101

They're people who are paid to beat each other into unconsciousness with their fists. I'm not expecting them to be good human beings. It's weird seeing people outraged that these gladiators, people they'll ridicule then forget as if they never existed the moment they lose or grow too old to fight, are terrible people.

Ok, so I don't pay attention to sports, but, I thought I have heard in the past that when non MMA fighters fight MMA fighters they tend to get trounced. Is this not the case? Seems like a lot of people in this thread seem to think Mayweather is going to win, he is a boxer, yes?

They are boxing though

Goodstyle

lmao mayweather is also a racist piece of shit
Conor is a "you people are subhuman" racist. Floyd is a "shitty stereotype racist". They're both bad, but one is clearly worse. Conor comparing black people to monkeys is much worse than Floyd saying an asian guy will make sushi for him. Not excusing it, but there are different levels to these things.

LotusHD

Banned

Isn't that when the non-MMA fighters fight the MMA fighters... in an MMA match? It's a boxing match.

Yea this was my impression as well. I don't follow either, and I thought Conner was an mma fighter so the whole fight kinda confused me.

Goofalo

They are boxing. So the advantage is Mayweather's. The conditioning between boxing and MMA is also different too. MMA title fights are 5, 5 minute rounds. Whereas boxing is 12 3 minute rounds. Also the stances for each sport are way different. Mayweather has no chance in an MMA fight. Whereas McGregor has a better than no chance in a boxing match.

Conor is a "you people are subhuman" racist. Floyd is a "shitty stereotype racist". They're both bad, but one is clearly worse. Conor comparing black people to monkeys is much worse than Floyd saying an asian guy will make sushi for him. Not excusing it, but there are different levels to these things.

get the fook outta here with this bullshit. Someone pointed out that Mayweather has done the same vile shit and you have excuses. It seems, as usual for GAF, that you can only be racist if you're white...SMH.

He will get lightly tapped with jabs throughout 12 rounds as Mayweather cruises to a decision win.

Yeah probably lol. Mayweather is the worst - best boxer of all time. But I'm hoping he toys with Connor for 5 or 6 rounds then takes his head off.

Oxn

get the fook outta here with this bullshit. Someone pointed out that Mayweather has done the same vile shit and you have excuses. It seems, as usual for GAF, that you can only be racist if you're white...SMH.

And also against blacks. asians? Whatever right.

Alienous

image.php

Ugh, please stop.

This is a boxing match. Floyd would never step in the cage with Conor or any established MMA fighter.

Chumley

Banned
They're both pieces of shit. An actual valid instance of "Both sides."

No it isn't. Mayweather puts women in the hospital. I'm really sick of this forum giving that crap a pass. Conor saying some clueless shit isn't the same as actually beating the shit out of multiple defenseless women.

Haha nope, nope, nope!

Surprise, Mayweather is also a racist piece of gobshite:

“As soon as we come off vacation, we’re going to cook that little yellow chump … Once I kick the midget ass, I don’t want you all to jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now ... Once I stomp the midget, I’ll make that mother f----- make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice … we’re going to cook him with some cats and dogs.” - on Pacquiao

They're both unlikeable characters. I think it says a lot about society when we're prepared to pay two people who, in most other walks of life, would be be considered proper cunts, a hundred mill each. We're basically glorifying the message that if you're a racist/sexist/woman beater/arrogant dick , that's ok so long as you can fight for our entertainment.

BriGuy

So the man who beats the living shit out of people for a living isn't such a swell guy after all.

I'm not dismissing his comments, they just don't surprise me.

Top Bottom