• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

ozfunghi

Three is more than enough. Just cherrypick. Five might be ok for a niche game that nobody owns, but if everybody started posting 5 screens of Killzone... seriously, 3 is enough. You're not going to be the only one posting screens of most games. Personally, all the screens of Killzone has made me lose interest in this topic. Then imagine if everybody posted 66% more of those. Same goes for Mario 3DW, BF4... although they're not as problematic. I'd like to see some more variation, not less.

The only rule i could live with, would be something like, posting more than 3, only if each screen is from a different game.

Timu

Three is more than enough. Just cherrypick. Five might be ok for a niche game that nobody owns, but if everybody started posting 5 screens of Killzone... seriously, 3 is enough. You're not going to be the only one posting screens of most games. Personally, all the screens of Killzone has made me lose interest in this topic. Then imagine if everybody posted 66% more of those.
Maybe so, but to be fair Killzone isn't on as much as it was earlier, not to mention all the different games being posted. Also, other games will take Killzone's place of being posted the most, like inFamous, so there's that.

1523534_799587050068151_690377353_o.jpg

1601735_799588743401315_1164567968_o.jpg

Timu

Same goes for Mario 3DW, BF4... although they're not as problematic. I'd like to see some more variation, not less.
I offer plenty of variation, and more so when I get a Wii U soon as I'll post screens of games that are really never in this thread(besides Mario 3DW obviously).

ozfunghi

Maybe so, but to be fair Killzone isn't on as much as it was earlier, not to mention all the different games being posted. Also, other games will take Killzone's place of being posted the most, like inFamous, so there's that.

The point isn't "Killzone". The point is a lack of variation. Also, see my edit.

I offer plenty of variation, and more so when I get a Wii U soon as I'll post screens of games that are really never in this thread(besides Mario 3DW obviously).

Look, you're making this personal. I'm not blaming YOU. I'm talking in general. I'm not saying you don't put enough variation in your screens, but you're one person here. The situation is already bad enough when a new big release comes out, you'll have pages of screens of these games, by dozens of different posters, all making screens of the same game. Now, instead of 10 pages of that game, you would have 17 pages of said game instead.

Timu

Look, you're making this personal. I'm not blaming YOU. I'm talking in general. I'm not saying you don't put enough variation in your screens, but you're one person here. The situation is already bad enough when a new big release comes out, you'll have pages of screens of these games, by dozens of different posters, all making screens of the same game. Now, instead of 10 pages of that game, you would have 17 pages of said game instead.
Ah, I see what you mean now, yeah that makes sense when you think about it.

Gurish

Three is more than enough. Just cherrypick. Five might be ok for a niche game that nobody owns, but if everybody started posting 5 screens of Killzone... seriously, 3 is enough. You're not going to be the only one posting screens of most games. Personally, all the screens of Killzone has made me lose interest in this topic. Then imagine if everybody posted 66% more of those. Same goes for Mario 3DW, BF4... although they're not as problematic. I'd like to see some more variation, not less.

The only rule i could live with, would be something like, posting more than 3, only if each screen is from a different game.

I think for a new game posting 5 pics per post for a week is alright, ppl wants to see new releases the most and if its only for a week why not?

Really like the lighting in this image:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01lhuyc.jpg

Most derpy face ever:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01l2rc8.jpg

Yes, as per tradition, the pig was thrown in the water shortly after this screenshot:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_011ylzc.jpg

ozfunghi

I think for a new game posting 5 pics per post for a week is alright, ppl wants to see new releases the most and if its only for a week why not?

Actually, i'd rather have it the other way around, because when a new big game hits, the topic will be flooded with this game anyway. As where months later, when everybody is posting other stuff, i wouldn't mind a few screens of a game nobody is posting anymore.

Gurish

Actually, i'd rather have it the other way around, because when a new big game hits, the topic will be flooded with this game anyway. As where months later, when everybody is posting other stuff, i wouldn't mind a few screens of a game nobody is posting anymore.

I don't see any flood of TR pics here, and i don't see the harm in a week of "flood" for a new anticipated release that everyone wants to check out.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I am SO torn about the new Lara face. Sometimes it looks great like in the post above and sometimes it is just hideous.

It looks great in motion but it looks awful in stills, for some reason. The added animations really seem more lifelike and makes the old model look like a doll but if you capture it at the wrong moment it looks way off.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I don't see any flood of TR pics here, and i don't see the harm in a week of "flood" for a new anticipated release that everyone wants to check out.
That's because the game isn't really out.
3 per post is more than enough IMO.

Lol, never noticed that when I played the Gamecube version, can't wait to pick this up with my Wii U soon.=3

It had been like 8 years since I had played the original Wind Waker, so I had forgotten a good bit of the game. When I saw Link make that face, I laughed so hard.
He sways back and forth to the beat of the music while making that face, it's great.

Lovely shots, your comments also made me chuckle. :)

Thanks! Here's a few more for good measure.

Am I a bad person for continuously throwing Medli into the wall?

wiiu_screenshot_tv_019trpu.jpg

I know this seems like such a minor thing to praise, but the grass in this game looks amazing. The only thing is, grass doesn't last very long around Link. He has a weird form of OCD where he has to cut any grass he runs across.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01wprwb.jpg

More grass.

I always really liked this item in Wind Waker. Floating through the air is just fun.. except when I keep missing the whirlwind that boosts me up higher. -_-

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015kaw3.jpg

I think we're only supposed to post 3 screenshots in each post, so I'll just link the rest as urls.

Wind Waker Link seriously has the best facial expressions of any other Link - most of them are really amusing:

Link is annoyed because the King of Red Lions is giving him the evil eye.

Link is shocked after seeing the Deku Tree - understandably so...

Pissed off Link.

Link being in shock that my gamepad is running out of battery YET AGAIN.
I need to get the longer-lasting battery from Nintendo at some point.

The last 3 images happen really rapidly in the story. He certainly changes his mood quite often. :p

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Trine 2 PS4
i8MfeU7HuzHLW.jpg

i3HYsIdeopKWG.jpg

iCaqwsN3enytA.jpg

Not bad for 120fps.

dr guildo

TressFX seems to be a bit more elaborated than its PC version. Clearly more bulky. Sometimes on PC, it looked weird, with a flat effect under various angles.
Here on PS4, and according the last technical trailer about the game, I have noticed none effect similar to this.

Chettlar

Banned
That would need one if us pc users posting in here and that's a big no no lol.
Are you after a maxed pc face shot vs PS4 face shot?

I really don't care actually.

Even a PS3 Lara's face vs a PS4 Lara's face would work. I'm mostly trying to see what the main difference are, since I didn't play a whole lot personally (though what I played was fun), and really only saw her back for most of that time.

Derpcrawler

The IQ in BF4 is so good, hardly can notice that it runs in 900p. I mean it has less aliasing than Tomb Raider and Killzone screenshots above. Just looks very clean.

Derpcrawler

It's FXAA is hard at work it seems.

If it's FXAA, then it's really precise one, those screenshots look like it's MSAAx4, no blurriness like there is with shitty FXAA implementations. I played game myself as well as Killzone, and BF4 looks just so much better (or cleaner) than Killzone.

Timu

If it's FXAA, then it's highest setting possible, those screenshots look like it's MSAAx4. I played game myself as well as Killzone, and BF4 looks just so much better (or cleaner) than KZ.
Yeah they do, if it had used MSAA it would drop the performance quite a bit, so it looks to have high FXAA.

Top Bottom