• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Skylanders Swap Force PS4
iVNxWW7yzy4ZS.jpg

iGmWRsz1y57QD.jpg

icJyLgMAy2mjS.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The IQ in BF4 is so good, hardly can notice that it runs in 900p. I mean it has less aliasing than Tomb Raider and Killzone screenshots above. Just looks very clean.

In motion there is a lot of shimmering, which is a characteristic of FXAA, but there is very little added blur and the edges it woks on it does a good job. I'm honestly impressed with how good it looks at 900p/60fps.

HTupolev

If it's FXAA, then it's really precise one, those screenshots look like it's MSAAx4, no blurriness like there is with shitty FXAA implementations. I played game myself as well as Killzone, and BF4 looks just so much better (or cleaner) than Killzone.
I dunno. BF4 is a bit soft, and when you see thin objects like cranes and such, the antialiasing fails to keep the image from shimmering like hell. In motion it looks nothing like 4xMSAA.

...Not that I'm a huge fan of KZSF's IQ, either. I appreciate the sampling, but that motion blur implementation ironically seems to only look good in screenshots. In action it makes the game look crazy muddy sometimes.

thelastword

Banned
Skylanders has amazing IQ
Agreed, this is what I like to see in cutesy/kiddy games like these, great flawless IQ, not a jaggy in sight, wish lego had that type of IQ.

@eighty-one

Very nice tombraider shots. In Agent-Otaku's first TR shot it seems that the tressfx hair is improved over the previous version, looks nice.

X-Factor

Uploading Twitter compressed versions of PS4 images isn't such a good idea.
At least download the "orig" twitter version before posting it. Change the image link from "large" to "orig" to get the less compressed version.

Timu

Uploading Twitter compressed versions of PS4 images isn't such a good idea.
At least download the "orig" twitter version before posting it. Change the image link from "large" to "orig" to get the less compressed version.
Yeah I want to see some 1080p shots of that game.

Am I the only one who finds the Pikmin shots the most impressive ones in this thread?
You aren't alone on that.

Effect

Recently picked up Splinter Cell: Blacklist Wii U. I had more action shots saved but I couldn't stay logged into imgur it seems. So they didn't save to my account. These are the only few that did make it. I'll try to take a few more later.

lcZSM2B.jpg

DKIpDtl.jpg

Yquk04w.jpg

Zero148

Serious. Pikmin is beautiful.

Pikmin is absolutely georgious and definetly one of the visually most appealing next gen games out there. But I can understand HolyFridge, imo impressive is the wrong word to describe it.

From a technical point of view there are games that are much more impressive in this thread (look at the aliasing in the second screen)

Is it ever explained what the hell that egg thing is?

Honestly, I have no idea, lol. There's a small hole you can climb into the side of it, and drop in another hole to bomb some stuff for money (and not sure what else). There's a rock closeby which looks like a head, so maybe that egg thing is actually the shell of that creature from long ago? My best guess, anyways. lol

---

Pikmin 3 might not be super amazing on the technical level, but I still think the game looks stunning. I have more fun looking at screenshots of that game than something like KZ: SF or Battlefield. Also, best looking fruit (and pizza!) in a game ever!

---

A few more Wind Waker HD screenshots for good measure.

Just a really cool looking sunset, imo:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0173kop.jpg

Big ass fish, yo:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015ls22.jpg

I've always love this area (and the lighting). It always seemed so mysterious:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01p7se7.jpg

Pjsprojects

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times - anyone shitting on Pikmin 3's graphics has obviously never played it.

Don't think people are shitting on it,just saying on a tech level others use more advanced techniques. Most WiiU games have punched well above what people thought was so under powered.

kizmah

A shame about the jaggies though. But pikmin has excellent art direction. Feels very Pixar somehow.

95% of the time you play it Pikmin 3 looks excellent. At times quite amazing, mostly thanks to the top-notch art direction and lighting. Of course, using the camera-tool and zooming in on objects is gonna make the jaggies stand out and expose the uneven textures.

I will capture some nice 720p gameplay-shots later. I took a bunch of cool pics at the time I was playing the game but back then it was only possible to upload low-res pics to Miiverse.

Top Bottom