• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Fermbiz

Gold Member
iDqa6rEVDaRRK.png

Nice! My panoramas come out like crap...

UnrealEck

Does Thief on PS4 and XB1 have paralax occlusion mapping and/or tesselation?
Someone get a picture of a wall or cobbled road.

rawktapus

DKCTF is a GREAT looking game, no doubt about it, but Rayman Legends is art in motion. DK can't compete with that. Rayman is flawless, while low-res assets stick out often in DK, and 720p makes for an unfortunate upscaled image. Still an awesome looking game.

I personally think DK has both stronger personality and animation. One of the unfortunate consequences of the 2D style of origins is that it maintains a flash like style of animation. The images and design are great, but it all looks a bit cheap in motion, and just lacks the life and vibrancy on display in Tropical Freeze.

Doesn't look like it. On that note, do any available PS4 games use tesselation? KZ definitely doesn't, I'm wondering if Sony has actually implemented it or not.

How do you know there's no tessellation in KZ? There's a fair amount of detail In the world, like rock structures, debris and character modelling. Just compare games that use it on PC like Crysis's dx11 update, how they added more geometry. Looks no different.

Neiteio

Three more shots by The Xtortionist, this time from the level Frosty Fruits (5-6).

Here, Donkey Kong explores a popsicle factory! In the first shot, I love the ice cubes stacked high around the paved path lined with torches under a dense jungle canopy. In the second screen, in the factory proper, we see the giant berry-flavored popsicles being produced... I'm not sure who would be large enough to eat such popsicles, but I sure want to try -- the texture looks delish! I like how you can see more popsicles on their way in the background, and I like the mishmash of plaster and brick in the foreground. In the third shot, we see fog rising from the lake of juice, chilled by the giant ice cubes, while fresh fruits dappled with moisture form makeshift platforms at the end of a long ice-glazed ramp. The torches return, each turned slightly so they're never oriented exactly the same way twice. Snowflakes flitter past the palm trees, and off to the left you can appreciate the depth of the factory with the boardwalk working its way around back. The earthy look of the factory keeps it inconspicuous in the jungle, as well.

I love how every level in DKC has its own self-contained concept that threads into the rest of the game world but stands on its own. Frosty Fruits shows one of the uses of the juice being harvested in the world Juicy Jungle -- other levels sport gelatin, for example -- and the idea of a popsicle factory is the stuff of which kids' dreams are made. :)

wiiu_screenshot_tv_014xuj3.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_017ru1m.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_019wubu.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Fantastic shots and write-up Xtornionist and Neiteio!

chadboban

I'm of the opinion that companies should seriously consider hiring GAF to take promotional screenshots for their games. The ones in this thread are that good!

3OqZekZ.png

PV8C7CP.png

h1uvUyY.png

I had already played this game on my Xbox 360, and even though I decided to purchase this for my PS4, I wasn't sure how much of an upgrade this would be. I have never played a game that looks this amazing, and can't wait to see what else the PS4 offers! I've been having fun taking screenshots I feel neogaf will enjoy.

X-Factor

I have never played a game that looks this amazing, and can't wait to see what else the PS4 offers! I've been having fun taking screenshots I feel neogaf will enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you have never played Uncharted 2, 3 or the Last of Us :). All 3 of those have better visual style, and look better in motion as well.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iwsHh9BCbk5ow.jpg

A Tomb Raider screenshot I did not upload the first time around.

iy1pYXAkaRbAV.jpg

FFXIV online beta

iyvLUFL4CXFuD.jpg

I should really get ZombiU
I purchased the WiiU when it was launched... and it was worth it only to play this game. It's not only how it looks, it's also how it's designed towards a design paradigm (one that really tells the novice player "you're not good at the game, you'll have to replay it to get better") that outside of a few companies is abandoned nowadays.

Besides that, it "almost" belongs to a genre that has been killed by the masses, so supporting it is also to support a whole genre.

Considering its quality and that, I would say that buying this game an obligation to anyone that prides themselves as a gamer (and of course enjoys playing Survival Horrors, if those games aren't made for you then don't buy it).

EBE

Played some Ryse MP for the first time in awhile today

please do more Ryse. i would myself but dont have any way to capture screens. the dlc had my jaw on the floor with its lighting, especially the map where you see the pyramid being built.

a truly amazing looking game that hasnt gotten the love it deserves on this thread (when compared to other titles)

MYE

I purchased the WiiU when it was launched... and it was worth it only to play this game. It's not only how it looks, it's also how it's designed towards a design paradigm (one that really tells the novice player "you're not good at the game, you'll have to replay it to get better") that outside of a few companies is abandoned nowadays.

Besides that, it "almost" belongs to a genre that has been killed by the masses, so supporting it is also to support a whole genre.

Considering its quality and that, I would say that buying this game an obligation to anyone that prides themselves as a gamer (and of course enjoys playing Survival Horrors, if those games aren't made for you then don't buy it).
For me Zombiu is the better game out of the two. Must admit I'm pretty rubbish at ZombiU, 8th survivor and only now getting the second item for the doc(had the game a year).

Yeah its probably gonna be on my next gaming to-buy-list

edit: HOLY SHIT at Nintendoland o___o

Top Bottom