• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Definitely the ugliest PS4 retail game. I hope Sony didn't pay too much for this crap.

It's not that bad. It looks pretty sharp and crisp on my TV. The issue I have is that sometimes during cutscenes, the framerate will dip, but during the actual fighting, the framerate seems rock solid. The fighters look pretty good, but the NPCs look like booty. It's certainly no Killzone or ACIV (and ACIV isn't really that amazing looking, but the environments are great)

1278948_10202100590289570_699122231_o.jpg

882724_10202100591809608_1508128535_o.jpg

901673_10202100593649654_230982502_o.jpg

Chabbles

Amazing AI.
This one came around the corner and walked directly into a crate rambling on about how much she'd love a cup of coffee.. I went off and picked a lock, looted a house, and on the way back she's still there walking into the crate going on about the miserable weather now.... if she's there next time i enter that area, she's getting an arrow directly into her eyeball.

BhrhQxdIcAA3fe8.jpg:orig

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Pretty ridiculous.

Killzone has been using parallax mapping since at least (I'm pretty sure) Killzone 2 in some capacity, usually standard bullet holes in stuff like metal. Looks really cool. I know it's in Mercenaries, because I was impressed the Vita was pulling it off.

It's strange the effect is so sparingly used. It was used heavily in FEAR, and that was almost a decade ago.

Amazing AI.
This one came around the corner and walked directly into a crate rambling on about how much she'd love a cup of coffee.. I went off and picked a lock, looted a house, and on the way back she's still there walking into the crate going on about the miserable weather now.... if she's there next time i enter that area, she's getting an arrow directly into her eyeball.

ROTFL

Next gen is here

It's not that bad. It looks pretty sharp and crisp on my TV. The issue I have is that sometimes during cutscenes, the framerate will dip, but during the actual fighting, the framerate seems rock solid. The fighters look pretty good, but the NPCs look like booty. It's certainly no Killzone or ACIV (and ACIV isn't really that amazing looking, but the environments are great)

I've played it and could barely tell it was 1080p because of how damn ugly it looks. Being crisp just really shows how poor the art in that game really was. You could tell me these screens are from the PS3 or Wii U versions and I'd believe you.

EBE

not the best quality because i dont own any sort of capture device. frames taken from game DVR uploaded to onedrive.

microsoft really needs to get working on some sort of snapshot feature.

Amazing AI.

How about an arrow in the knee?

2011 joke.....anyone?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I've played it and could barely tell it was 1080p because of how damn ugly it looks. Being crisp just really shows how poor the art in that game really was. You could tell me these screens are from the PS3 or Wii U versions and I'd believe you.

*shrugs* To each his own. I've seen and played worse looking games on the PS4. As I said before, I think the character models look good, except for some of the women's faces (mainly Wonder Woman and Raven's), and the environments are really nice as well. The fighting is a lot of fun, better than I was expecting, honestly.

Harley victorious:

1417673_10202100595289695_391187354_o.jpg

*shrugs* To each his own. I've seen and played worse looking games on the PS4. As I said before, I think the character models look good, except for some of the women's faces (mainly Wonder Woman and Raven's), and the environments are really nice as well. The fighting is a lot of fun, better than I was expecting, honestly.

Harley victorious:

1970856_10202100595289695_391187354_n.jpg

Your screenshots aren't exactly helping your argument. I dare say this is the worst looking game in the entire thread.

rawktapus

itUNAAWctwgyf.jpg

irgK3Fc67Uuzd.jpg

iC113ZpFRyt9s.jpg

As good as this game looks, it really all comes together in motion. The level of animation is fantastic, and just brimming with life and energy.

edit: Crap, sorry for borked images earlier.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Your screenshots aren't exactly helping your argument. I dare say this is the worst looking game in the entire thread.

I'm not making an argument in the first place. I'm not trying to prove some kind of point about Injustice, I'm just sharing screenshots. PS4 screens are pretty compressed on Facebook and Twitter, and the games often don't look as great in screens as they do on a TV. Even the amazing Killzone screenshots from this thread look better on screen.

1669973_10202101862681379_439272965_o.jpg

1891347_10202101863601402_2097115777_o.jpg

1836844_10202101864121415_1488028733_o.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
They do if you have a good capture card.=p

I know, right? Sadly, I don't have a capture card. I also noticed that the screens I grabbed from my Facebook weren't full screen shots, so I replaced them.

Here's a few random ones from my collection (I may have posted them before, but not full resolution):

Final Fantasy XIV Beta:
1956870_10202056715312723_543004020_o.jpg

Assassin's Creed IV:
1491504_10201760679272007_178881817_o.jpg

Killzone: Shadowfall:
1398597_10201479690287458_1334138047_o.jpg

Killzones awesome.

Thief looks really good to me, I'm quite impressed, unfortunately the gameplay sounds mediocre. Might play it one day for the pretty visuals.

Heres a shot from AC4, horrible compression aside it looks great on my Plasma. Makes me excited for a next gen Mirrors Edge.
1781812_1421887504724489_731086713_o.jpg

NBA 2k (PS4)
1519217_1396500543929852_2116090562_o.jpg

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
12871213875_f07da5b10b_o.png

12871651574_c959a002c0_o.png

12871299943_97a83b1b82_o.png

Do you like this game? I just bought it on Amazon because it was only $29.99, but I still have time to cancel it if it's not good. I love 3D platformers, but haven't been very into most Sonic games, if that gives you some perspective.
Unlike most people here, I quite love this game. It's easily one of the best (and best looking) Wii U games. I'm also not really into Sonic games, always been a Mario guy, but I personally find this one way better than the abomination that was Unleashed, and even Generations. It's a much slower paced and platform-y game than the other recent Sonic games and that's what I like about it. Plus Sonic gets all of his moves right from the start, no need to buy/unlock them or any of that leveling BS.

So yeah, I'd say go for it. :)

VanWinkle

12871213875_f07da5b10b_o.png

12871651574_c959a002c0_o.png

12871299943_97a83b1b82_o.png

Unlike most people here, I quite love this game. It's easily one of the best (and best looking) Wii U games. I'm also not really into Sonic games, always been a Mario guy, but I personally find this one way better than the abomination that was Unleashed, and even Generations. It's a much slower paced and platform-y game than the other recent Sonic games and that's what I like about it. Plus Sonic gets all of his moves right from the start, no need to buy/unlock them or any of that leveling BS.

So yeah, I'd say go for it. :)

Now, this is EXACTLY what I like to hear. Thanks man! Will keep the order as your tastes sound similar to mine.

Great screenshots, too! Love the art style in this game.

Neiteio

From the fly-by at the start of Homecoming Hijinks (6-1) -- the Snowmads have really grown on me, to the point I consider them a worthy successor to Rare's Kremlings:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01lue5b.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ijdcs.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01h2drw.jpg

Neiteio

^^^ Gorgeous shot! <3 Amiss Abyss. Fantastic art/animation and incredible music!

Here's more of my own shots, from Homecoming Hijinks (6-1), Rockin' Relics (4-A), and Aqueduct Assault (6-3). Check out the ice on the palm tree!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01u2co0.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01spfx7.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01dqdxj.jpg

Neiteio

Last batch for tonight. All shots from Fugu Face-Off (4-Boss) -- I love how he can puff himself up to ginormous proportions! Neat texture on his skin, too, and his patterns shimmer in the light!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01zmfni.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01bbeuv.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0132itk.jpg

EBE

no Powerstar Golf in this thread? XB1. i have literally the worst shots to show it off, but something is better than nothing.

who wants to buy me a capture card. i'll quit shitting up your thread :)
:(
not the nicest looking game to begin with i guess. it gets the job done.

Donkey Kong looks very nice, but I do wish it had some AA. Then it would feel even more solid and real. But I'm willing to forgive some jaggies for stuff like this:

Whatever art designer decided to make that dual mace out of two pufferfish jammed on a stick, he deserves a damn raise. It's clever, it's funny, and it ties in with the pufferfish from the underwater level. Top notch creative work.

Even the amazing Killzone screenshots from this thread look better on screen.

They do if you have a good capture card.=p

a screenshot is hardly a valid way to judge or compare graphics nowadays. you can point out certain aspects of a games graphics, but while doing that you will always hide others. we have come to a point where per pixel information density is so high, that stills simply aren't a good representation of whats really going on on screen.

ac4 maybe is a good example for that. all the screens of it in this topic look absolutely horrid, yet people seem to be impressed with its graphics.

Timu

no Powerstar Golf in this thread? i have literally the worst shots to show it off, but something is better than nothing.

who wants to buy me a capture card. i'll quit shitting up your thread :)
:(
not the nicest looking game to begin with i guess. it gets the job done.
Do you have 120 bucks to spend?=O

If only Powerstar Golf had a demo.

Neiteio

That golf game looks nice. What system is it for? I like the character designs -- reminds me of Pixar's The Incredibles. :)

Liabe Brave said:
Whatever art designer decided to make that dual mace out of two pufferfish jammed on a stick, he deserves a damn raise. It's clever, it's funny, and it ties in with the pufferfish from the underwater level. Top notch creative work.
Ha! There's also an enemy named "Chum Chucker Charlier," who, well, chucks chum. :)

Timu

a screenshot is hardly a valid way to judge or compare graphics nowadays. you can point out certain aspects of a games graphics, but while doing that you will always hide others. we have come to a point where per pixel information density is so high, that stills simply aren't a good representation of whats really going on on screen.

ac4 maybe is a good example for that. all the screens of it in this topic look absolutely horrid, yet people seem to be impressed with its graphics.
An uncompressed screen will always look the same as it does on your display since you are capturing it directly. Everything you see on screen can be captured and replicate what you're seeing. From motion blur to particle effects and such screenshots still capture everything perfectly, using a great capture card makes it more simple as well. My Ryse screens are proof of this.

Also just take multiple screens in a row to capture many moments at once, like there are programs that auto capture infinite screens so you can compare them as well, best way to get screens while in motion.=p

Just about all the AC4 shots in this thread are compressed or have some compression(no offense) due to the PS4's/Wii U's capturing or encoded signals from external capture cards.

Melchiah

Amazing AI.

Heh, that reminded me of this Tomb Raider shot I took a while ago.

ih1RMeQckMN2U.jpg

Something seems amiss.

phanphare

Banned
Donkey Kong looks very nice, but I do wish it had some AA. Then it would feel even more solid and real.

for me personally this isn't much of a problem when the game is actually in motion. I noticed that with DKC:TF and Mario 3D World the jaggies that are seen in some stills are not noticeable while the games are in motion at 60fps

I'm not making an argument in the first place. I'm not trying to prove some kind of point about Injustice, I'm just sharing screenshots. PS4 screens are pretty compressed on Facebook and Twitter, and the games often don't look as great in screens as they do on a TV. Even the amazing Killzone screenshots from this thread look better on screen.

I am not ignorant of the effects of compression, nor am I unaware that certain titles suffer more from it than others. I myself have posted nearly 100 shots in this thread.

I feel your problem is the general art direction of Injustice. That, or you're purposely looking over some of these Thief screen shots.

Or, I could simply be of different opinion.

EBE

That golf game looks nice. What system is it for? I like the character designs -- reminds me of Pixar's The Incredibles. :)

Xbox One. sorry. will add that to my post.

If only Powerstar Golf had a demo.

its really quite good. if you simply cant commit without trying out a demo first, and if it ever gets a price drop like LocoCycle or Zoo Tycoon did, then i wholeheartedly recommend picking it up. it recently got an update that added in a lot of features/items/fixes that makes it well worth the standard asking price, IMO.

Top Bottom