• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

EBE

It's the best I could do.D=

haha. that game looks
and plays
like butt.

actually, could you help me, i mean if you know, figure out where to download KI arcade? i deleted it after it continually fail to update and now i dont remember how i downloaded it in the first place. it sure doesnt show up in the ready to download section of my games and apps. is it from some menu in KI itself?

Timu

haha. that game looks
and plays
like butt.

actually, could you help me, i mean if you know, figure out where to download KI arcade? i deleted it after it continually fail to update and now i dont remember how i downloaded it in the first place. it sure doesnt show up in the ready to download section of my games and apps. is it from some menu in KI itself?
Go to the Xbox Game Store/Marketplace in the Killer Instinct section, it should be there.

EBE

Go to the Xbox Game Store/Marketplace in the Killer Instinct section, it should be there.

i swear i cant find it anywhere in the store but i just booted up KI and got the prompt to redownload as it checked my dlc (it did not do this before). thanks for the help anyway!

not that im really going to play it. i just want it.

VICI0US

ksr19.png

ksr20.png
ksr21.png

kind of sad to see all those Rare IPs relegated to avatar clothing

Timu

i swear i cant find it anywhere in the store but i just booted up KI and got the prompt to redownload as it checked my dlc (it did not do this before). thanks for the help anyway!

not that im really going to play it. i just want it.
Uninstall the whole KI(original arcade) game and reinstall it.

I swore I'd never play an MMO again because I spent way too much time playing Everquest and FFXI. They were just such enormous time sinks and I was way too willing to sink my time in.

Luckily these newer MMOs, while they are still timesinks, are much more accessible than the old school ones. There have easy to follow quest lines, map indicators, ect. Grouping no longer involves sitting in the area you want to grind in for 45+ minutes shouting out that your are LFG or LFP. There's no more bullshit where you just waited all day for a group and the healer took one look at your gear and said you couldn't join.

I've been playing 14 for a few hours at a time every couple days or so. Without devoting a ton of time into it, I'm already level 42 (out of a max level of 50). So it requires much less time than any MMO I used to play. I'm starting to sound like a Square Enix shill so I'm going to back away slowly now lol...

wow, you've almost totally convinced me to hop on. Im just a little nervous still as I've never played an MMO before.

sangreal

Is there any way for you to disable some of the UI elements? I always enjoy looking at Ryse shots, but they're mostly cluttered with all kinds of fluff.

I wish. It really is annoying. I have it as far into the overscan area as it will go. It's not just bad for screenshots, it's really obnoxious and distracting while playing too, with all the text spam

Grinchy

Banned
wow, you've almost totally convinced me to hop on. Im just a little nervous still as I've never played an MMO before.

Well definitely check out some gameplay videos or something, because I wouldn't say it's a game for everyone. For someone who has never played an MMO before I'm sure it's pretty overwhelming at first. But if you are the kinda person who would like MMOs it'll probably hook you pretty fast.

If you have a PS3 lying around you can usually get a copy of that version for very cheap. I got mine for $15 and just activated it on PS4.

Unless I've missed the single thread focusing on it, why does Nintendo get a free pass for their blatant MK bullshotting?

Some of the biggest differences between gameplay and marketing shots I've seen in a long time.

I guess that, along with the free game promo shows just how desperate they've got.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Unless I've missed the single thread focusing on it, why does Nintendo get a free pass for their blatant MK bullshotting?

Some of the biggest differences between gameplay and marketing shots I've seen in a long time.

I guess that, along with the free game promo shows just how desperate they've got.

Mario Kart 8 bullshots? What are you talking about? Most of the screenshots/gifs shown are made by gaf folks from videos...

Honestly Nintendo rarely, if ever, creates bullshots. Typically their promotional materials look worse than the actual game.

Also the free game promo is pretty much exactly what Microsoft did w/ Titanfall.... Nintendo instead is bundling a free old game for like 2 months and keeping the price basically the same.

mrJared

Banned

I see a lot of certain people jump to Ryse's defense when someone mentions that it is one corridor after another with a clearly defined path. But I'll be damned if that isn't what every screenshot posted in this thread shows.

Would someone be willing to prove us all wrong finally.

Ps..Don't show us a cliff side shot looking out onto a backdrop, or a giant circular battle arena either. Show something that shows various paths and areas to go exploring in.

The Boat

I'll tell you why they get a free pass: because they don't do it.
Anyway, some Mario Kart 8, that ugly, ugly game:

ibhc3vizcgqNFH.jpg

iUFIqy5HJ6t7D.jpg

ibtBfYah9qPzOV.jpg

VanWinkle

Yeah, MK8 really comes across as the worst looking of Nintendo's Wii U games in these screenshots, but from what people who have played it say (and from what the videos can partially show), it should really shine in motion.

sangreal

I see a lot of certain people jump to Ryse's defense when someone mentions that it is one corridor after another with a clearly defined path. But I'll be damned if that isn't what every screenshot posted in this thread shows.

Would someone be willing to prove us all wrong finally.

Ps..Don't show us a cliff side shot looking out onto a backdrop, or a giant circular battle arena either. Show something that shows various paths and areas to go exploring in.

I wouldn't say it is corridors per se, but it is a linear scene-to-scene game so I can't give you what you're asking for. But since you quoted me and the "cliff-side backdrop" I posted, I will say that the area depicted in that screen is fully "explorable" (as you can see from the objective text). The giant circular battle arenas are as well. I don't know who claimed it was more open world or why so it is hard for me to answer to it. There are a few times during the campaign that you can take alternate paths, but they ultimately lead to the same place

diaspora

2asn1pY.jpg

This goes for the other dumbass claiming that Wii U games don't look as good as PS360 games too.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Like I said early in this thread, us WiiU bros should stay away from this place lol

The Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong pics are among my favorite in the thread. MK8 doesn't look so hot to me, even in motion. I've always been surprised to see it mentioned as the best looking Wii U game.

mrJared

Banned
At what point were you told it's an open world game, for example? The game is an arcade beat 'em up with high production values. It is what it's meant to be.

Whoa, no one alluded to it being open world. No more open world then say The Last of Us or even Killzone SF.

But there is that hostility I am speaking of whenever anyone mentions the extreme linear nature of this game.

Top Bottom