• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

sangreal

pvz19.png

pvz20.png

pvz21.png

iori9999

Banned
Maybe I should stop taking screenshots on the capture card.. They seem to show all the jaggies and flaws of the game.. The share screenshots I see in this thread looks prettier..

Maybe I should stop taking screenshots on the capture card.. They seem to show all the jaggies and flaws of the game.. The share screenshots I see in this thread looks prettier..

Capture card has much better quality in general. Share shots have fairly bad compression and a lot of banding if there is darkness in the shot.

EDIT: Also you could try using another host that does not compress your shots as much.
EIDT2: If aliasing bothers you then try and downsample the shots with Faststone or something.

Timu

Stop using imgur for your hosting site, use minus, abload, flickr, etc. Also your screen file size is 300kb which is low for a 1080p screen. What capture card are you suing BTW?

Why are all Mario Kart 8 screens in 720p?

I thought/read the game is 1080p, and would only switch to 720p with 3 or 4 player in splitscreen.

The game is 720p. No idea where you read that. It's 720p/60fps in single or 2 player, 720p/30fps in 3 and 4 player.

Second, all Wii U screenshots via the browser method are 720p.

Asbear

Banned
I wish Mario Kart 8 had AA, though it's still gonna be great for screenshots and I can't wait to play it.

Honestly though, the only thing to dislike when there isn't AA is the blurryness if played on a 720P+ TV. At least some Sony TVs can do Reality Creation which makes sub1080p stuff look sharper IMO

wolf38.jpg

wolf39.jpg

wolf49.jpg

screentshot make it look even worse imho its not so bad in action, 60fps.

And tons of fun. for me. enjoying it a lot.

Wow this is ps4? Has it been confirmed it's 1080p native? Cause the first and second screens have razor sharp jaggies....lots of them. Game is colorful so i'll give it that.

Wolfenstein looks really rough, MK8 without AA at 720p looks better. The lack of AA is intriguing. If Xbone is pulling off 1080p/60 in this game consistently, there is no excuse for devs to atleast slap on something like MLAA or SMAA for the PS4 version. The 'megatextures' are also laughably poor. Downloading ~50GB for a game that texture wise looks no better than smaller games (like I:SS) is excessive.

Top Bottom