• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Some more CoD Ghosts on the PS4

callofdutyghosts_2014vhft8.jpg

callofdutyghosts_20143uffi.jpg

callofdutyghosts_2014twdpu.jpg

Sorry if this is wrong place to post this. This happened to me a few minutes ago on MLB the Show 14. A bit buggy.
edit: Noticed it is lower qaulity then you guys. Delete if want. Still trying to figure this PS4 out.

BnqZAs_IMAAP4F7.jpg

OH MAN. Look how good this looks:

iRn5dIcr8n9q6.PNG

Argh. If only it had MLAA.

yeah.. fuck. I will love this game. But damn i hate jaggies. Look at that.
The game would look next gen if the jaggies didn't kill that beautiful artwork.
Also, they cause such disturbing shimmer in movement.

CAN Nintendo patch this?
DOES Ninteno read this? lol...

Here's what MK8 would -theoretically- look like with MLAA:

14166226356_2232613be9_o.jpg

Shitty gif but you get the idea:

Ah please Ninty... make it happen.

2asn1pY.jpg

This goes for the other dumbass claiming that Wii U games don't look as good as PS360 games too.

Hi cool kid using memes as comebacks.

How about you sit the fuck down, go back a few weeks and look at Nintendo's official hi-res marketing shots for MK8 and see how they lack the jaggies that are visible on every fucking polygon in these users' posts?

CAN Nintendo patch this?

Of course they could, but not without a performance hit (unless they find ways to free up GPU time in other places).

And of course Nintendo knows about this option. Nintendo chose to not have AA in favor of more details or a higher framerate respectively.

How about you sit the fuck down, go back a few weeks and look at Nintendo's official hi-res marketing shots for MK8 and see how they lack the jaggies that are visible on every fucking polygon in these users' posts?

How about you link some of these supposed bullshots, perferably in a seperate thread? I know I haven't seen a single promo screen with anti-aliasing yet.

Oi, I had a pretty lengthy post but then I realized what thread I'm in so I'll just make it simple and succinct.
Here's Google. Find one bullshot among every single Mario Kart screenshot released. You can't. Because they don't exist. Don't just tell me to look for them. Cite them. And when you can't, acknowledge you were wrong.

chadboban

I actually posted some of the official Nintendo shots in this very thread.
Here's a link to it since I don't want to clog up the page with non-user screenshots.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111403567&postcount=10041

I don't know if maybe you were confusing promo art with gameplay screens, but pretty much every promo screenshot I've seen has had jaggies. But seriously, there is a thread to discuss it in instead of here, since I'm beginning to hate the fact that I'm now seeing less and less actual screenshots as this thread goes on. If you can find some of these supposed bullshots that lack aliasing, post them in there so that I can see them.

Also, nice FFXIV screens WeAreStarStuff, I actually thought that Titan screen looked like artwork for a sec.

diaspora

tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif

All of the shots Nintendo has released have aliasing and are their original resolution.

O8lDOhD

Obligatory Karma Bomb

OYPvckC

Images aren't working.

xrnzaaas

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this question before - are you guys also experiencing an issue on PS4 that after taking a screenshot using the Share button it comes out much darker when I publish it on Facebook? (I've only tried it with inFamous: Second Son so far)

Grisby

With the latest update I can finally partake in this thread! Some Tomb Raider shots to open up with:

Lara like fire.

Her character model is crazy good.

Look people, the benefits of being a console exclusive. So are they using the full PS4 powers unlike every other game right now?

It looks incredibly realistic compared to PS3.

WWS is just insanely ahead of the curve atm it seems. Game looks far more phenomenal in motion too then those screens

Uncharted 4 thoughts .... Hard to fathom

BuggyMike

Considering how cheap MLAA is, I am guessing this game is pretty much maxing out the WiiU running at 60 fps and the devs preferred rock solid 60 fps to 55-60fps framerate.

If anything it shows how gorgeous Wii U games could look at 720p 30fps. If 30fps was the target for this game (not that I'd want it to be for a game like Mario Kart) the game could have been much more stunning. If they target 720p 30fps for Zelda U, I imagine they could push the system to make something really beautiful.

Top Bottom