• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Caayn

Gorgeous. I need to pick this one up soon.
You're really into colorful games aren't you?

How's Wind Waker so far? Keep posting, it's your turn now.
14024142060_850561b23d_o.jpg
Wait, oh you're just going to impale me? Go ahead.

Ground texture and that block of concrete isn't looking too pretty.

Shin-Ra

Of all games, it's criminal attacking Rayman's artwork with clipping.

The number one improvement I hope Sucker Punch can make to inFAMOUS' engine is to improve the depth of field precision.

ironcreed

Banned
You're really into colorful games aren't you?

How's Wind Waker so far? Keep posting, it's your turn now.

Fantastic, I can hardly put it down. And yeah, I am really fond of games with more color and strong art in general. But beyond that, Nintendo is just really filling a void for me right now after being away from their stuff for so long.

A couple more:

ibuVJKgqDDkXHc.jpg

i4Vlas1ZM6fbN.jpg

Not normally a console gamer but I have no choice when it comes to exclusives. Although I must say I'm quite impressed sometimes by Killzone: Shadow Fall's visuals.
14237046663_ddb3da16c8_o.jpg

14030226308_f2431dae5b_o.jpg

openrob

Some Black Flag Wii U shots I took before my dog destroyed my disc :(

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01r2uw9.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01efqj1.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01hzlur.jpg

Gonna get round to posting some more game screens soon,

Very disappointed in PS4 The Show.

Here I was expecting a flood of screens, but it's not worth it.

It's just another very good looking video game. Doesn't compare to the lifelike traits of NBA 2K14.

And to the continued MK8 attacks on me, I don't care whether you think Nintendo only released proper gameplay shots or not. Go to their official site. Their pics are either touched up or they've chosen the most perfect screens because in game looks jagged and low res as hell compared to N's official shots.

And to the continued MK8 attacks on me, I don't care whether you think Nintendo only released proper gameplay shots or not. Go to their official site. Their pics are either touched up or they've chosen the most perfect screens because in game looks jagged and low res as hell compared to N's official shots.
Dude, you can't just own up and say you're wrong? I'm not trying to attack you but you just keep doubling down without citing a single image (just one and I'd concede to your point. Just one.). If anything you're either somehow confusing obvious renders for screenshots or you saw subnative images without aliasing (as subnative images tend to appear, when 'jaggies' become subpixel detail... shrink an image of an early ps2 game and you can still make it look crisp and clean) and thought they were bullshots. Regardless I'm scouring their official site right now and I can't find even one example of the possibilities I described here much less actual bullshots. Besides tiny images which would naturally omit native res jaggies, on a simulated tv screen. and that's it, and that hardly counts toward your criteria.

tl;dr - you're still wrong and the website you're referring us to doesn't contain the evidence you think it does. cite. direct link to a touched up image pl0x. need the reciepts. I'll recant all my posts if I'm wrong and even add a duncecap to my avatar. If you can cite.

I second the other person– could you please provide direct links to the official shots you're referring to?

Exile20

It's just another very good looking video game. Doesn't compare to the lifelike traits of NBA 2K14.

Attacks on you? Wow.
As the other guys said show some screens then. I am looking at the official site now.

Those screens on the official site are small. Do you know what happens when you shrink an image?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

There are more players and bigger stadiums. You have unrealistic expectations. It looks great.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Wolfenstein might be the ugliest looking game on the PS4/XB1

Daylight looks worse and runs at a third the framerate, sometimes less. Octodad is poly-starved, with simple textures and shaders/lighting straight from PS2.

TAJ

I've never seen it in person, but Lococycle looks awful from the media I've seen.

Nintendo Land is pretty gorgeous as well.

iuA8PXtKTI35S.jpg

iI1IOquSFCQ3r.jpg

idwJETdqDkKsW.jpg

To me nintendo land is the best looking game on wii u currently out. The shaders, lighting,DOF when zooming in to Monita, aa solution??? all of this at 60fps. I remember when i played on my plasma it was super smooth and definitely did not look like a 720p title. Nintendo needs to optimize this game engine for Zelda or something. Not even 3d mario/mario kart looks as good imo.

Edit: You should go to the top tower Zoom-in and take a screencap of Monita.

OryoN

I wouldn't worry about how Mario Kart 8 will look while actually playing. It seems to be a similar situation to TW101, which too, looks like a jaggy mess in stills, but so gorgeous in motion(lol, I gave up trying to capture decent shots of that game).

Also, Killer Instinct been looking pretty good in shots lately. I remember it, too, looking like a mess early on in this thread. What happened, firmware updates to XB1 screen-shot feature, or just good capture card? :/

Timu

I wouldn't worry about how Mario Kart 8 will look while actually playing. It seems to be a similar situation to TW101, which too, looks like a jaggy mess in stills, but so gorgeous in motion(lol, I gave up trying to capture decent shots of that game).

Also, Killer Instinct been looking pretty good in shots lately. I remember it, too, looking like a mess early on in this thread. What happened, firmware updates to XB1 screen-shot feature, or just good capture card? :/
Good capture card and ability to adjust brightness.

Nah, this looks worse:
iQ3EnSy9hfaLU.png

izGuxBlpPrurw.png
[/QUOTE]

What's that Game, it's butt ugly! The Background in the upper Picture is so blurry I had to take off my glasses and look if they are smeared but it's not them it's that picture.

JP

How are people getting Wii U shots? Is there a screenshot facility built into the Wii U or are you using additional hardware?

Caayn

Wolfenstein doesn't look that bad, it looks rather nice. Sure some AA wouldn't hurt but this just goes to show that 1080p and/or 60fps isn't the answer to everything.
What's that Game, it's butt ugly! The Background in the upper Picture is so blurry I had to take off my glasses and look if they are smeared but it's not them it's that picture.
Crimson Dragon, pretty fun game.

TAJ

I am really looking forward to the WatchDogs sceenshots, Some creative people here if the Infamous shots are anything to go by.

Less incentive, though. It looks ugly compared to Infamous, even on PC going by the tech showcase video.

Top Bottom