• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Transistor (PS4)
Pb1SDuF.jpg

kvl65UA.jpg

5ak9Emn.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
I think I'm going to have to buy Transistor on PS4. I have an old Best Buy gift card that I just used to order a PSN card (they don't do digital ones...) so I'll pick it up when it gets here.

Wolfenstein's no Killzone, but really, that looks last gen to you guys? Way too clean to be a multiplat from the last three or four years, and the lighting's much too nice. It's not just good art direction, but that doesn't hurt.

Wolfenstein's no Killzone, but really, that looks last gen to you guys? Way too clean to be a multiplat from the last three or four years, and the lighting's much too nice. It's not just good art direction, but that doesn't hurt.

Define way too clean. GoW3 looks cleaner than this game and it was on the PS3. What makes it more egregious is the fact that this game is 50GB in size. It doesn't even remotely come close to justifying the size. The textures are actually worse than launch cross-gen games like BF4 and ACIV.

I love the stark color blocking in your first shot, RElement (echoed by the signs in the background building). But do you have 1080p versions of those? The smaller resolution reduces the impact.

On to the first of my AC IV captures from the piratey parts of the game. The aliasing on the boat rigging is regrettable, but I find that the color design and overall atmosphere are really compelling.
2YHyujM.jpg

wxMswMt.jpg

gvTtmNo.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wolf is looking pretty slick on PS4. Downsized shots to cover up artifacts (didn't feel like using capture card while playing).

RWL.jpg

SWL.jpg

TWL.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Transistor feels like a AAA game. It's amazing. If it was like 3x as long, it probably could be. The presentation, soundtrack, visuals, and attention to detail is there. I mean, look at all the detail in those shots. It blows me away.

How long is it?

Theecliff

Banned
It's funny, I kind of feel that Wolfenstein's visuals look better than their sum of parts; the game has a great aesthetic and art direction that help make areas look pretty at times, but only if you don't get too close to things and notice the poor texture work.
I've noticed it uses stuff like depth of field quite heavily for things in the distance, which can give some rooms a very 'soft' look, which can sometimes looks a bit strange or kind of bad, but at other times it can look really fantastic.

The game doesn't have great AA but it definitely seems like the PS4 Share screens compression exaggerates the jaggies a lot. Here are a few shots of the hideout area:
14244587002_b494d0aaed_o.jpg

14243498601_6b08d9c252_o.jpg

14244582702_677ecf4ef5_o.jpg

KHlover

Banned
I love the stark color blocking in your first shot, RElement (echoed by the signs in the background building). But do you have 1080p versions of those? The smaller resolution reduces the impact.

On to the first of my AC IV captures from the piratey parts of the game. The aliasing on the boat rigging is regrettable, but I find that the color design and overall atmosphere are really compelling.
2YHyujM.jpg

Wow, if it weren't for that damn aliasing this would be a perfect desktop background D:
Truly sublime shot, well done :O

KHlover

Banned
This game is beautiful, but i can never get a decent shot

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ors2u.jpg

Ahh, the first game to hint at the awesome lighting Nintendo's WiiU games share. Truly a gorgeous game, I especially love the stitching details in the Legend of Zelda attraction and the cardboard look of Takamaru's Ninja castle.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rdclt.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0158eiy.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_017oinb.jpg

Wow, if it weren't for that damn aliasing this would be a perfect desktop background D:
Truly sublime shot, well done :O
Thank you very much! Yeah, the rigging is the one thing that detracts in distant shots, but tall wooden ships are so resonant that I couldn't resist taking photos anyway.

There's plenty of other nice stuff in the game, of course. Ubisoft putting a thousand devs on each title means there's good amounts of detail everywhere, even though the world is open to exploration. Sure, you can see modular repetition, but there's interesting places too. Even if my screens are from regular gameplay rather than cutscenes, I try to maximize the dramatic impact. I try to display all the effort of the game's creation.

HB5wK4B.jpg

b2SZvsF.jpg

cC0ZMnK.jpg

TopGun

Banned
Pikmin 3 (2013)- Wii U

I'm blown away on how beautiful and well detailed this game is. I'll include a small album of other direct feed images. I used a capture card so that no quality would be lost otherwise. From the overhead view, each texture is eye catching, but going into the first person mode can bring out some ugly polygons or textures here and there. But that aside, my point still stands that it's a beautiful game.

E1oYk5B.jpg

82Wkews.jpg

JF0wCbv.jpg

And here's the album link in case you're interested.http://imgur.com/a/Lp7sH

Continuing my AC IV gameplay shots. These are trying to catch more of the sun-drenched flavor of the game's Caribbean, rather than its moody spaces. The last one is an example of what the in-game NPC models look like, versus the cutscene-level hero stuff I posted a bit back. (Note: it takes some work to get the camera this close to NPCs without them turning grey due to the "anonymity" effect.)

KxhBBlh.jpg

UkHLTFY.jpg

7ZOVZII.jpg

^^^ That's some real good AC4 pics Liabe Brave!
Thank you very much! Of your Tomb Raider shots, I especially like the last one. Any gameplay stuff where characters look internally alive is really cool. By that I mean, it seems like a person, animated by a mind that happens to look to one side (even though it's all just fancy clockwork).

Here's a last few AC IV shots I've taken. I'm not super far into the game (lots of hours of broadside battles, but relatively few missions), so I'm hoping to find even more to capture. The world they built is so atmospheric and enticing to me. I want to go to there.

yFI6dTn.jpg

DYeaaZZ.jpg

YaZMNIY.jpg

Thank you very much! Of your Tomb Raider shots, I especially like the last one. Any gameplay stuff where characters look internally alive is really cool. By that I mean, it seems like a person, animated by a mind that happens to look to one side (even though it's all just fancy clockwork).

Here's a last few AC IV shots I've taken. I'm not super far into the game (lots of hours of broadside battles, but relatively few missions), so I'm hoping to find even more to capture. The world they built is so atmospheric and enticing to me. I want to go to there.

yFI6dTn.jpg

DYeaaZZ.jpg

YaZMNIY.jpg

Yeah, it looks cool when they get expressions just right in games, a glimpse when they don't look like uncanny doll-like figures.

Those AC4 really capture the way the actual looks imo, most pics just look really bland from that game. Have you dampened the brightness ingame for it? I did a little, I thought the colours were to washed out with default settings.

Yeah, it looks cool when they get expressions just right in games, a glimpse when they don't look like uncanny doll-like figures.

Those AC4 really capture the way the actual looks imo, most pics just look really bland from that game. Have you dampened the brightness ingame for it? I did a little, I thought the colours were to washed out with default settings.
I did some level changes in Photoshop on some shots to try and match my Samsung. Black shouldn't be any blacker, nor white any whiter, than the game outputs; there's just a little more dark black and bright white than raw captures (but the overall light level should be the same as the game). I tried to make sure it could all be easily achieved on any TV using simple picture controls.

Microsoft really should add a screenshot feature, it helps promote the console onm forums for their part too.

A screenshot is generally about capturing a split second of emergent gameplay. On PS4 and WiiU, a button push freezes the gameplay moment instantaneously. MS engineers need to come up with a similar solution, 'Xbox capture screenshot' takes way too long to be an elegant solution.

lol you guys keep telling yourselves Mario Kart isn't a jagged mess.

If it makes you feel better about spending money then so be it, lie to yourself, but if I buy something and it looks shit, I'll admit it.

this is a shit tier post that deliberately warps and ignores the original discussion in order to act like you've got a leg to stand on. you know, why admit you were wrong when there's so many strawmen you could resort to.

come on man. you never go full retard.

yFI6dTn.jpg

DYeaaZZ.jpg

YaZMNIY.jpg
This is why I love the series. It just is fun to explore and jump into a different time period. I'm so pumped there are two this year. As long as the game doesn't get worse I'll keep buying them.

w20wK79.jpg

a5o6ztY.jpg

NHT1nUS.jpg

Can someone explain the no double posting rule?
What is the difference if you have a limited number of images per post? It doesn't matter if 100 people all post 3 screenshots or if one person posts 100 posts with each 3 screenshots.

Top Bottom