• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Tnecniv

Neo Member
14068532659_3be2255939_o.jpg
Flower_20140523190515 by vincentric, on Flickr
14068567420_62fb13af91_o.jpg
Flower_20140523081254 by vincentric, on Flickr
14275361943_dd12487058_o.jpg
Flower_20140523190520 by vincentric, on Flickr

Wish I could share images from my XB1 games as well, but don't have a capture card. Hopefully MS will add an easy screenshot capture feature in a future update?

Dio

Banned
How come my PS4 still can't deal with my capture card, even after the patch that supposedly removes the HDCP? I already checked off that box. Any tips?

How come my PS4 still can't deal with my capture card, even after the patch that supposedly removes the HDCP? I already checked off that box. Any tips?

Have you tried turning off the HDCP in the Settings under System? (Asking since you have to manually turn it off from there (and back on when you want to use Netflix, HULU, etc.)

Dio

Banned
Have you tried turning off the HDCP in the Settings under System? (Asking since you have to manually turn it off from there (and back on when you want to use Netflix, HULU, etc.)

I did that the minute the patch came out, and I still haven't gotten it to work.

14069379897_3fa83942e3_o.jpg
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8_ Xtreme Legends Complete Edition_20140523221308 by vincentric, on Flickr
14069400840_88d9f4a0f5_o.jpg
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8_ Xtreme Legends Complete Edition_20140523223144 by vincentric, on Flickr

A copyright banner shows up in the lower right corner after taking a screenshot. Is that normal for DW8, or is there a way to prevent it?

Edit: Looks great.
How is the game? Are you enjoying it?
Edit:
Yeah here's an example from my capture card:

ieEVNx1daZJEX.png

You too Timu, did you like the game?

Tnecniv

Neo Member
How is the game? Are you enjoying it?
I like it. Though if you've previously played a DW, Warriors Orochi type before, then you know what to expect. The formula hasn't changed much. Lots of hacking and slashing and repetition involved, sometimes I crave this type of game and DW8 satisfies it.

Yeah here's an example from my capture card:

ieEVNx1daZJEX.png
Very nice. And what a difference uncompressed makes. Even the health bars retain their crispness. I wish there was an option to take 100% jpg, or png for PS4 share.

wilflare

Export them via USB

Avoid twitter, export to usb, upload to either minus, abload, etc.

that's quite a chore :/ it would be nice if Sony could just add support to Dropbox - all screenshots and videos auto-upload to it... would be nice and sweet (much easier to share too!)

hmm. what's a good capture card... thinking whether I should buy one (and thus make it possible to stream PS3 too)

Timu

that's quite a chore :/ it would be nice if Sony could just add support to Dropbox - all screenshots and videos auto-upload to it... would be nice and sweet (much easier to share too!)

hmm. what's a good capture card... thinking whether I should buy one (and thus make it possible to stream PS3 too)
Avermedia Gamebroadcaster HD.

Grinchy

Banned

If you want to keep using Twitter, I think you can just add ":eek:rig" at the end of the file name to make it display at the original resolution.

Come on Watch Dogs (PS4) owners, give us some screens! I've seen people streaming it and people posting box pics, so there must be someone out there on GAF with the game. And if someone of you/them actually reads this, I'd like some screens of water surfaces and boats driving around, pretty please :D Water looks sexy in those PC screens people posted in OT.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Come on Watch Dogs (PS4) owners, give us some screens! I've seen people streaming it and people posting box pics, so there must be someone out there on GAF with the game. And if someone of you/them actually reads this, I'd like some screens of water surfaces and boats driving around, pretty please :D Water looks sexy in those PC screens people posted in OT.
My Deadsec edition arrived today,I'll try upload some when I get home from work.

My Deadsec edition arrived today,I'll try upload some when I get home from work.
Woohoo, looking forward to it! I'm interested in playing it, but not 60$ interested, so for now, I'll settle with looking at other people's screens and occasional stream.

Shin-Ra

Watch_Dogs' anti-aliasing is good but it looks soft-blurry like Ryse and more detail is sub-pixel than it should be.

Eww, the HUD's not rendered at 1080p too. I guess the 3D GPS has something to do with that, still they could probably still overlay the 2D stuff separate from it.

garyBig

Hmm, Watch Dogs definitely doesn't look too bad at 900p. Not as sharp as I'd like but still quite clean.

PoM.jpg

RoM.png

But this sub-pixel stuff is a tad much. Or is that an reso-unrelated issue? (srsly, I'm not too familiar with these kinds of artifacts - seems a bit horrendous to me)

This is what I like to see in current-gen open world games. Streets filled with pedestrians and cars.

Exactly
Really think the visuals in Watchdogs are gonna be the sum of it's parts.

I LOVE seeing all the different simulations going on with a rock solid framerate/Vsync

VanWinkle

I upload to Facebook. It's less compressed than Twitter and easier to work with IMO. I set the privacy setting where only I can see the pictures, but I can still link them and post them on here.

Top Bottom