• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

-griffy-

Banned
Hmm, Watch Dogs definitely doesn't look too bad at 900p. Not as sharp as I'd like but still quite clean.

PoM.jpg
It looks sharper than BF4's 900p, I feel. Probably a better AA solution that doesn't blur the image as severely.

A screenshot is generally about capturing a split second of emergent gameplay. On PS4 and WiiU, a button push freezes the gameplay moment instantaneously. MS engineers need to come up with a similar solution, 'Xbox capture screenshot' takes way too long to be an elegant solution.

Make a GAME DVR. Save and upload to Skydrive. Screen capture that? Dunno.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I think Watch_Dogs looks pretty good. Then again, I was never part of the "Downgradegate" shenanigans. I'll probably pick it up sometime next week, if not on launch day. It's funny how the game went from being "A must get on launch day," title, to a "Meh, not interested anymore, too much other stuff coming out," to a "I think I'll buy this afterall!" for me.

Gurish

This batch of WD pics at night and evening looks very good, i don't understand how there is such a gap between daytime and evening/night, why did they fuck up the lighting so bad during daytime?

omonimo

Banned
RoM.png

God. I hope to not to see anymore things like that later this gen. After Second Son I can't believe we are back to the past generation.

KKRT00

The IQ is also rather muddled. Is that an issue with 900p? Ryse has that same issue. I remember playing 720p games last gen that looked less muddy, or is that because of the 720p games' better AA?

The IQ is not muddier than 720p. Upsample 720p image to 1080p and You'll see.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah here's an example from my capture card:

ieEVNx1daZJEX.png
Those heels and outfit... :(

Watch_Doge is not a looker, that's for sure.
Those shots aren't OMG WOW, no, but... not to be "that guy girl" (I'm really not a "PC gaming master race" dick, trust me, I'm a console gamer at heart through and through), but the Watch Dogs shot in the PC screenshot threads are absolutely mind-blowing. I don't know if it's just their picks of the scenes for the shots, or if the absurdly high resolution makes such a huge difference, but it was pretty insane. I have zero interest in this game but even I had to admit that it looked gorgeous.

omonimo

Banned
Those heels and outfit... :(

Those shots aren't OMG WOW, no, but... not to be "that guy girl" (I'm really not a "PC gaming master race" dick, trust me, I'm a console gamer at heart through and through), but the Watch Dogs shot in the PC screenshot threads are absolutely mind-blowing. I don't know if it's just their picks of the scenes for the shots, or if the absurdly high resolution makes such a huge difference, but it was pretty insane. I have zero interest in this game but even I had to admit that it looked gorgeous.

Of course are mind blowing. It run at the quadruple of the res. Try to drop Second Son at 900p & will see if would be the same looker.

Cubed

I think WD looks "good." It would be "great" if it had better AA, but other than the lack of effective AA, I think it looks about as good as an early cross-gen PS4 game will look. I suspect if it was a PC/Current Gen-only game we'd see it on PS4 with better AA and running at 1080p... but otherwise it looks more than passable to me.

I'm looking forward to putting that sucker in my PlayStation 4 on Tuesday.

Grylvak

With my newly approved account, I am no longer a lurker!

Let's begin:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Kn4sdfc.jpg

Infamous: Second Son
3G69MdE.png

Sonic Lost World (Zelda DLC)
Li7p8cB.jpg

Mithos

Gold Member
hmm so you can't go back and manage your uploaded pictures right (remove them, etc)

Sadly you have to download and install the application to be able to create an minus account, but after that you should be able to just go to the website and login no problem.

JP

I'm quite liking some of the PS4 WatchDogs shots and I can't wait to give it a go. I don;t have issues with the graphics like some do but on some of the shots, the daylight ones in particular, it does seem to be missing something that makes the environment feel like a proper environment.

I don't know what it is but for me there's just something missing that makes it look a little...dead? It won't get in the way of me enjoying it but I do find it unsettling, there's something not quite right about what I'm seeing.

gogogow

I'm quite liking some of the PS4 WatchDogs shots and I can't wait to give it a go. I don;t have issues with the graphics like some do but on some of the shots, the daylight ones in particular, it does seem to be missing something that makes the environment feel like a proper environment.

I don't know what it is but for me there's just something missing that makes it look a little...dead? It won't get in the way of me enjoying it but I do find it unsettling, there's something not quite right about what I'm seeing.

It's the lighting (and also shadow/texture quality due to being a crossgen game). The lighting is very similar to GTAV's lighting while that is a last gen game. So that doesn't cut it for Watch_Dogs being a game on new consoles, which are much more powerful.

Top Bottom