• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

BUM.jpg

CUM.jpg

EUM.jpg

when a game sacrifices framerate/pop-in/etc to the IQ gods.

Infamous:SS looks better in screenshots than in motion, IMO. Killzone:SF, too, less severely.

Both KZ:SF and I:SS deliver a consistent 30fps with no tearing. For an open world game, it is staggering how little pop-in occurs in I:SS. Did you even play these games or is this another edition of Tales from my Ass?

For an open world game, it is staggering how little pop-in occurs in I:SS. Did you even play these games or is this another edition of Tales from my Ass?

I've been saying the same thing.

For the amazing level of quality they've produced visually, to be able to zoom around the city at a million miles an hour and see almost no pop up/draw in is yet another amazing achievement of the ISS engine.

valkyre

For the amazing level of quality they've produced visually, to be able to zoom around the city at a million miles an hour and see almost no pop up/draw in is yet another amazing achievement of the ISS engine.

Infamous SS is by far the best looking open world game at the moment, but I have to disagree on the pop up part. The game does have a nasty pop up issue where in fact entire buildings LOD pop up in the not so far distance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6um3XJZE120

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Infamous SS is by far the best looking open world game at the moment, but I have to disagree on the pop up part. The game does have a nasty pop up issue where in fact entire buildings LOD pop up in the not so far distance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6um3XJZE120

Not nearly as bad as how Watch_Dogs starts looking like Superman 64 when you climb a building.

valkyre

Not nearly as bad as how Watch_Dogs starts looking like Superman 64 when you climb a building.

Fair enough, wont argue with you there. Watchdogs cannot even be mentioned in the same sentence as infamous when it comes to graphics.

But still infamous had this pop up and LOD thing that could have been better.

Fair enough, wont argue with you there. Watchdogs cannot even be mentioned in the same sentence as infamous when it comes to graphics.

But still infamous had this pop up and LOD thing that could have been better.

I've only noticed shadows pop in + 1 part of a building in the entire time I've played the game. I've never even seen a car or human pop in. I have lik 700+ screen shots of this game so I've spent tons of time scrutinizing it.

Jacqli

A thousand developers and no art director.
That looks like assets cobbled together from three or four different games.
I can't stop looking at his right hand. Is he trying to pull something? I would like to know if this character is a taxi/bus/car driver, but I haven't got the game.

valkyre

I've only noticed shadows pop in + 1 part of a building in the entire time I've played the game. I've never even seen a car or human pop in. I have lik 700+ screen shots of this game so I've spent tons of time scrutinizing it.

Its there man, the fact that you simply did not notice it doesnt mean its not there.

Play the game again and pay attention to something in the distance, walk towards it. You'll see that LOD pop up textures is quite noticeable.

But I stress it again, this is kind of nitpicking considering infamous SS is a launch window title... the gfx are out of this world and yes this minor hiccup doesnt take away anything from this game.

Some of these WD pics are making me want to break my 'not buying a sub native res' game on PS4 stance.

FFXIV PS4:
ibcc2C6m0PBSyO.jpg

iwcdErhlDfLQg.jpg

it1J7rr4uwxHV.jpg

The problem with this game is that it leaves me no time to play anything else.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Sorry if I sound ignorant, but can anyone explain to me why DoF(or, rather, blurry backgrounds) is a desirable thing? Is it just to make it more "film" like?

Timu

Shame about the jaggies in MK8, though the game is still great for screenshots. I may not even get my copy tomorrow and maybe next week so my uncompressed screens will have to wait until then.
all these screens are really making me want to get an Elgato. does it work on PC too?
Yep.

chadboban

Some fantastic shots from the last page guys!

-

It looks like a lack of aliasing in MK8 really doesn't translate well into screenshots :/

I think you meant lack of anti aliasing lol.

But yeah it definitely doesn't reflect well into screenshots. But hey 60
/59
fps makes it worth it plus it really looks great in motion to me.

Ragnarok

I think this thread proves that anybody arguing that Mario Kart 8 looks on par with or better than PS4/Xbone games doesn't know what they're talking about.

The aliasing and low geometry sticks out like a sore thumb. Great, colorful game though.

Theecliff

Banned
I think you meant lack of anti aliasing lol.

But yeah it definitely doesn't reflect well into screenshots. But hey 60
/59
fps makes it worth it plus it really looks great in motion to me.
Yeah, haha!
Clearly I know what I'm talking about ;)

It does look pretty good in some videos I've seen though!

I love the art in MK8, no contest there. The aliasing is hurting the screenshots a lot, but comments on geometry from some fucking picks, give me a break, I don´t buy that.

WatchDogs does not look too hot, it has a strange mix where some things look amazing while others look like PS2 era.

I honestly think this track is really quite poor compared to others though. It doesn't look like a whole lot of effort went into it visually, or design-wise.

Of the 3 3DS tracks, it certainly feels the least well done visually. As for the aliasing, I don't notice it while I'm racing, but while watching MKTV it is noticeable. Probably my focus is elsewhere during the race, haha.

Last batch of MK pics for the night, Streets gotta sleep.

VvXEfMJW9GTB

DUFb3lcuqW9E

zfYFHJ2EKJvq

Eterniti

I've been playing a lot of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, so here's three screenshots I took of it:

10306082_10103129413492107_115716709776049461_n.jpg

My alt on Mateus.

1236964_10103126244617557_863647748684165521_n.jpg

My friend (left) and I (right). Our first MMO together was Final Fantasy XI way back in 2003. This is our first MMO back together since.

10294427_10103129530198227_8781334051989306822_n.jpg

My main on Mateus, during a cutscene.

-griffy-

Banned
If the IQ was up to the level of the art direction, MK8 would look fairly stunning. As it stands, it's still a really good looking game with some obvious IQ issues.

muteant

Both KZ:SF and I:SS deliver a consistent 30fps with no tearing. For an open world game, it is staggering how little pop-in occurs in I:SS. Did you even play these games or is this another edition of Tales from my Ass?
what benefit would i derive from making comments like that about games i've never played? I've nearly 100%'d I:SS and I noticed pop-in literally every 10 seconds or so in the game. It also dips below 30fps with frequency.

in many ways KZ:SF and I:SS are visually amazing. I'm just saying they look better in screenshots than in motion (barely so, in the former case), whereas something like mario kart looks significantly better in motion than in screenshots. i was responding to a comment that basically challenged us to cite games that look better in screenshots than in motion, and i gave two examples.

Gestault

I say this as someone who's only watched other people play it: Have you been in the room with that game and watched more than ten minutes of gameplay? It's still basically the best-looking open world game, but pop-in and LoD shifts in the architecture are pretty commonplace.

Ragnarok

I love the art in MK8, no contest there. The aliasing is hurting the screenshots a lot, but comments on geometry from some fucking picks, give me a break, I don´t buy that.

WatchDogs does not look too hot, it has a strange mix where some things look amazing while others look like PS2 era.

Are you trying to tell me that you can't comment on geometry based on screens? What kind of sense does that make?

Top Bottom