• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Mory Dunz

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01o0s74.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0107shk.jpg

Best two I've seen so far I think.

But it's definitely a game made for motion and not stills.

Are you trying to tell me that you can't comment on geometry based on screens? What kind of sense does that make?

It falls into a guessing game, so at least IMO it is inaccurate, just the developers know the truth. And relax you can have your opinion, I just don´t buy it.

I say this as someone who's only watched other people play it: Have you been in the room with that game and watched more than ten minutes of gameplay? It's still basically the best-looking open world game, but pop-in and LoD shifts in the architecture are pretty commonplace.

Own it. Finished it twice. 100% platinum'd it.

LOD on buildings yeah, actual geometry draw in, next to none.

Huge achievement, amazing engine. Best 'next gen' visuals so far imo.

Stulaw

The depth of field effect really helps the background look a lot less jaggy in this one. Great shot.

Yeah, it really smooths the background out, it's a shame that Daisy has more sharp edges than a chainsaw on a board of nails though.

I'll just post a few more screens, can't help playing the game.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01b5s0t.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01dmuk9.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01umsmi.jpg

Nuke Soda

Even though it is not what they promised Watch Dogs looks pretty good at times, I am impressed by the smoke coming from the cars and pipes most.

It does. Every time I think I'm ready to jump into this gen I see screenshots of the game and I end up thinking I'll skip this gen instead. It looks like trash.

You're basing your entire opinion of PS4/XB1 visuals from a game that's got pretty poor visuals? Sounds like a confirmation bias if I've ever seen one.

Well, Omaha is the codename of Battlefield Hardline so I guess it's that.

Yea thats why i got excited lols. Well im guessing its prolly an internal thing, but I dunno I ve seen things like this happen before with betas, betas that ended up being public before they were announced.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
If Ubi had come up with a design where everything was made out of smoke or water they could have made a pretty game.

what benefit would i derive from making comments like that about games i've never played? I've nearly 100%'d I:SS and I noticed pop-in literally every 10 seconds or so in the game. It also dips below 30fps with frequency.

You clearly can't tell the difference between fluctuating between 30-40 and dipping under 30.

Top Bottom