• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Fame-Killz

Neo Member
iby2Q7q3Ksgiqq.jpg

iNbgKlKtdPKkF.jpg

iTUZi8iCny0V8.jpg

Chabbles

This looks beautiful! May I ask how you removed the HUD? I've been looking everywhere on the PS4 version but I just can't find any options for it.

Like Sangreal said, hit up on the D-pad to bring up the smart phone to remove the HUD for a moment. But the trick is to hit the screenshot button first and then quickly hit up on the D-pad to access your phone.

Mario Kart and Watch_Dogs PS4 looks great, I'm pleasantly surprised, however I'm playing it on PC and I'll stick with it, however PS4 version holds up real good it seems.

EDIT:How is the performance for you guys? My Brother is Interested in the PS4 version, Assassins Creed Black Flag was great performance and look wise,hopefully Watch Dogs is great in the performance department.

assassinscreedivblackveuwe.jpg

assassinscreedivblackpgu98.jpg

assassinscreedivblackwiumf.jpg

Dat Atmosphere ! This may be a cross gen game but it can still look fantastic at times.

Doorbell has just gone and the Wii U and MK8 have finally arrived, going to be a great weekend I reckon.

Caayn

The level of detail in this game is amazing. Notice how the characters look at each other when passing one another for example.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0123sp4.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0176sg8.jpg

OryoN

Mario Kart 8: Nice looking game, but surprised at how much worse this looks in stills, than in motion. It's right up there with TW101. Both of which are much better represented by gifs. Anyway...

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0134sdx.jpg

Got Pikmin 3 via MK8 deal, gorgeous game, as expected!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01f6u10.jpg

-griffy-

Banned
MK8's use of depth of field is really pleasing to me, it almost gives the world a miniature look, and the lighting makes the characters almost look like claymation figures or something. It's a really nice look.

muteant

You clearly can't tell the difference between fluctuating between 30-40 and dipping under 30.
The framerate dips I'm noticing occur when the "30fps cap" option has been turned on. It's entirely worse when that option is turned off. Yikes, some people are so defensive about this game, lol.

Its there man, the fact that you simply did not notice it doesnt mean its not there.

Play the game again and pay attention to something in the distance, walk towards it. You'll see that LOD pop up textures is quite noticeable.

But I stress it again, this is kind of nitpicking considering infamous SS is a launch window title... the gfx are out of this world and yes this minor hiccup doesnt take away anything from this game.

I should clarify that I wasn't disputing your claim; just saying that aside from shadow LOD I really haven't seen much of it personally. Also it is certainly much better than Battlefield 4 where tons of plants, etc will pop into view right in front of you on certain maps. Also better than previous GTA games where cars and buildings appear right in front of you.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It does. Every time I think I'm ready to jump into this gen I see screenshots of the game and I end up thinking I'll skip this gen instead. It looks like trash.

So you really are going to skip the whole 6 years of this generation because of screenshots of Watch Dogs? You know it doesn't look that bad!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah those jaggies are really a huge eyesore... I'm sure it looks fine in motion but yikes... :| Anyone knows why there isn't anti-aliasing to begin with? It's not like there aren't good looking Wii U games...

Top Bottom