• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

VanWinkle

lbmeaao.jpg

wTzjzRb.jpg

BLm2RNk.jpg

Wounded

Great MK8 screens.

I played Mario Kart properly for the first time the other day (it was Double Dash) and it was a ton of fun. I do plan to get a Wii U eventually.

Timu

I like the MK8 shots that focus on characters doing tricks or going airbone like these:

14283461976_f009732abe_o.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01a4u8p.jpg

Since it takes advantage of the DOF and such.

I shall get my copy early next week.

The more I look at these shots the more I feel the jaggies aren't really all that bad.

Should be a bit more apparant on a 1080p screen, though, since the shots here are downscaled to 720p.
While that the native resolution, its not the resolution you'll have on your TV unless your TV is 720p.

Here are some 1080p screenshots: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114005536&postcount=10723
The aliasing is pretty bad there.

But screenshots really don't do this game justice. I've seen it for the first time live today and it actually looks stunning in motion.

plank

Should be a bit more apparant on a 1080p screen, though, since the shots here are downscaled to 720p.
While that the native resolution, its not the resolution you'll have on your TV unless your TV is 720p.

Here are some 1080p screenshots: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114005536&postcount=10723

But screenshots really don't do this game justice. I've seen it for the first time live today and it actually looks stunning in motion.

Not that I'm saying there aren't any flaws. For all its worth the pics content and art style is what makes those shots stand out for me at least. Same goes for the other games.

Timu

All 1080p does is upscale it to make it look far worse.o_O

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Wolfenstein: The New Order PS4
ihRTeS3XtwP8Q.jpg

icYiwM2eAVG6X.jpg

i2beSyoPtu7Do.jpg

I'm totally not in a gaming mood at the moment but i guess the first thing i'll play again will be MK8. I feel like you can see the fun in the screenshots lol

Paz

Surprises me how poorly MK8 seems to screenshot, in motion it is straight up beautiful. Part of the burden in choosing 60fps I suppose.

Theecliff

Banned
I haven't put any newer shots of Wolfenstein: The New Order on my USB stick for a while but I realised that I still had quite a few shots on Flickr from the section 'On a Train to Berlin', so here they are:

14223814346_a1d7f0bb10_o.jpg

14060374697_6800765182_o.jpg

14060324909_56f65c7f4c_o.jpg

Edit: Damn, the share button really accentuates the poor anti-aliasing in those shots :/

Great shots!

Surprises me how poorly MK8 seems to screenshot, in motion it is straight up beautiful. Part of the burden in choosing 60fps I suppose.

Exactly, just been playing it and the thing is gorgeous, just goes to show you shouldn't dismiss a game based on screenshots, because this thing is beautiful!

Top Bottom