• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Albo

MK8

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ucucd.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01jislo.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01vss67.jpg

Shame about DK's fur

javac

I have no idea how you guys get those large screenshots. I pulled these from MiiVerse.

When you find what you want to screenshot, press the home button, go into the browser and go onto an image hosting site. I use imgbox for example. Then you can upload the screenshot in its full glory :)

TK90X

When you find what you want to screenshot, press the home button, go into the browser and go onto an image hosting site. I use imgbox for example. Then you can upload the screenshot in its full glory :)

I use minus.com
But (I think) you must sign up with your Facebook account.
I did that, it´s the only way that I could sign up. ;)

javac

I use minus.com

Yeah I'm not a fan of all that social media stuff being integrated into services like that. I think imgbox works really well so I just stick with it. I usually use Imgur but my Wii U doesn't get along with it apparently. Which ever works for you I guess :)

i-Lo

The rain screens (which look better in motion) fill me with awe and wonder about what CDPR will do with C2077's world and its atmosphere.

iKQU45MuCtuDd.png

^this took longer than i thought. i think panels start to respawn.
icWbliHdiRHMv.png

i1GAkcwz8TfhD.png

really good art direction in this game makes up for the graphics not being extraordinary. it's definitely a cross gen.

leng jai

^ Looks delectable. Bit of a shame it's not 1080p and also completely devoid of AA. The jaggies are definitely noticeable. Game still looks sick and runs buttery smooth.

Just got off Mario Kart 8 to play WWHD, the game I chose from that promotion, had already played it on the GC and on Dolphin but I couldn't resist, absolutely love this game and it looks better than ever. Already owning Pikmin 3 and W101 made the choice easier.

Anyway, some screens:

iPPfrhUJn55sz.jpg

ibu8OeSSLdIS3Y.jpg

zlCfzR_qImcT9rzbMD

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
You guys I don't know how to put this exactly, but to my dumb stupid eyes, Mario Kart 8 is the best looking game ever. Seriously, I know a ton of other games are way more impressive *technically* but something about Mario Kart 8 just feels so right. Maybe the simple, cartoony characters with the gorgeous lighting? I'm not sure. It still feels like a videogame, where so many modern games try to "cover up" that fact. I get a similar feel from Nintendoland and SM3DWorld, and even some parts of Pikmin 3 like the spaceship.

Whatever the case, I can't wait to see what else Nintendo does for the Wii U. It truly is an underrated system.

SZips

You guys I don't know how to put this exactly, but to my dumb stupid eyes, Mario Kart 8 is the best looking game ever. Seriously, I know a ton of other games are way more impressive *technically* but something about Mario Kart 8 just feels so right. Maybe the simple, cartoony characters with the gorgeous lighting? I'm not sure. It still feels like a videogame, where so many modern games try to "cover up" that fact. I get a similar feel from Nintendoland and SM3DWorld, and even some parts of Pikmin 3 like the spaceship.

Whatever the case, I can't wait to see what else Nintendo does for the Wii U. It truly is an underrated system.

MK8 seems like one of those games that looks about a million times better in motion than it does in still pictures. That's what I took away from it after seeing it streamed and then seeing some of these shots in here. I certainly think the game looks great from the gameplay footage I've watched and it has a nice aesthetic, but the still images for it really don't do it justice.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Mario Kart is just stunning, and the pictures don't do it justice AT ALL. If it were an arcade game I would be saving my pennies to buy the cabinet lol.

Also enjoying Wolfenstein way more than I expected. Easily the best in the franchise from what I've played.

Mithos

Gold Member
I use minus.com

Yeah I'm not a fan of all that social media stuff being integrated into services like that. I think imgbox works really well so I just stick with it. I usually use Imgur but my Wii U doesn't get along with it apparently. Which ever works for you I guess :)

You don't need Facebook, IF you install their app on an iPhone or Android phone, and register through the app, then toss the app into trash bin, and use the website moving forward.

javac

You don't need Facebook, IF you install their app on an iPhone or Android phone, and register through the app, then toss the app into trash bin, and use the website moving forward.

I actually have the app installed but got frustrated. It's some random instant messaging app and all I wanted to do was upload some gifs. It really drove me mad. It's called Meow right? I didn't even get far enough to make an account. I just went to pomf and uploaded them there. 99% of the time I'm on my phone so it annoys me when I have to go back and fourth in order to do something that should only take a few seconds. Why they do this for! :(

I'll give it a try tho, but I'm happy with how imgbox works on my Wii U. Super quick.

bob page

Just got a Wii U for MK8 and I'm extremely impressed with it. In fact, MK8, in some ways, has impressed me more than much of my time with the PS4 so far (with the exception of Killzone & Infamous). The art direction is just too good. No jaggies on my end either (make sure you properly calibrate your TV if you're getting jaggies).

-griffy-

Banned
No jaggies on my end either (make sure you properly calibrate your TV if you're getting jaggies).
That's not quite how it works. If your TV is "calibrated" correctly, then you would see jaggies. That's simply how the game looks. Unless you are completely unsharpening your TV to the point that it is blurry, or smearing vaseline over the display, then there will be jaggies in the game since it is 720p without anti aliasing.

Top Bottom