• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

plank

Yours if plank passes. It's the measly basic version though.

Do you want mine?

Don't know what to say your a nice guy thank a lot but I think I'll pass this time if you don't mind let shinobi have it. Financial troubles not with standing I think I can handle it just gonna have to delay purchasing a bit and I like to buy my stuff brand new. Again thanks for the offer.

Game looks and plays great. First AC i've played since the 1st one.

aNFZ4c4.jpg

KFqgsrl.jpg

vvRj3bg.jpg

vilmer_

Don't know what to say your a nice guy thank a lot but I think I'll pass this time if you don't mind let shinobi have it. Financial troubles not with standing I think I can handle it just gonna have to delay purchasing a bit and I like to buy my stuff brand new. Again thanks for the offer.

No prob :) Shinrobi she's all yours.

antonz

I don't know if this is the thread for this, but any impressions of the Wii U version? Specifically the framerate?

Game is much improved over 3. Experience with the console and not being as rushed has worked wonders for the studios. Improved texture work etc.

plank

That was hard thing to do. :(

But again like to have my stuff brand new out side of used cars but especially computers and electronics.

Xellos

Not sure of the actual frame rate would be. I do know from experience that there is none of the slow down as reported in the PS3/360 versions when sailing or running around the cities.

I'm getting low framerates the cities, especially Havana. Sailing is fine, though.

Pitmonkey

I've put up almost 40 screenshots of Assassin's Creed 4 from the Wii U in this thread, I'm sure you can find a couple relative shots :)

Pitmonkey

Frame rates in the Wii U version of AC4 do dip from time to time, but much less than AC3. Dips in heavily populated areas at initial load in.

Pat_DC

Some of these shots are great! Especially KZ, WW & Mario.

I am now very seriously considering getting a Wii U, Mario and WW HD if I can find a good deal around Xmas. Which would keep me busy until I can pick up a PS4 early next year once the stores get more stock and finding one is less stress.

ozfunghi

I'm so conflicted over which console to buy it's not even funny guys. On the one hand, the Xbox One has Forza, Ryse (It still looks good to me), and Dead Rising. On the other, most of my friends are getting the PS4, plus I'm a college student so I'm not sure how I'm going to transfer a connect and all that jazz constantly. The WiiU has decent games now and I can play those games on the gamepad..... ugh first world problems

Well, if you're looking at where the games are, it's pretty obvious. You can jump over to the other consoles when their line-up is stronger and/or they get cheaper. WiiU also easily fits in a backpack, if need be.

X-Factor

Are you uploading using the share option for Twitter or Facebook? Twitter compresses the image to 20% of the original file size so those pictures come out looking a lot worse than the source image.

The PS4 stores pictures at about 500kb to 1.5 mb each in file size, whereas the twitter uploads are compressed and only roughly 100kb.

Using an external capturing device would be ideal but none of them work yet, unless you have the youtube workaround solution to bypassing HDMI pass-through.
Sony should add an option to extract screenshots and video to a USB device uncompressed directly through the PVR feature.

There is no point in sharing screenshots to Twitter if the original image quality is diminished through the share button option. I uploaded some NBA 2k14 screenshots to twitter and they are lower resolution than the source image and about 1/4 of the file size.

EDIT: someone found a partial solution that seems to be a bit better but Twitter uploaded images still are smaller in file size than the one saved on the PS4
but at least they are displayed correct resolution now and with less compression.

To twitter, but I just found out how to use the original size. Put :eek:rig instead of :large at the end of the link.

To do that,

1) first click on the twitter image to enlarge it.
2)Then right-click on the image, copy and paste the twitter image's link,
3) then change :"large" to :"Orig" and hit enter

Pitmonkey

I think this is kind of cool, shows off the Wii U's UI. Also, it puts down any notion that there are no games for the platform.

x1pAAQt.jpg

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
MonoRail and Banners:
AmaRecTV-Recording20131119-235914-MonoRailBannersLights.PNG

I dont have a PS4 so this is a legitimate question, but does it look exactly like that on your TV ie that level of anti aliasing? This looks so amazing and for a console that's such a good job with AA. Color me more than impressed.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I dont have a PS4 so this is a legitimate question, but does it look exactly like that on your TV ie that level of anti aliasing? This looks so amazing and for a console that's such a good job with AA. Color me more than impressed.
That's what it looks like.

Honestly, it looks cleaner than that when actually playing from normal viewing distances.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
That's what it looks like.

Honestly, it looks cleaner than that when actually playing from normal viewing distances.

Thats awesome. I dont know how I am going to go from the xbox controller to the DS4 as I hate the thumbsticks, but I cant pass up graphics that will be even better than that.

I feel it looks slightly better than that. The game is downright incredible in some areas visually, no doubt about it. Not everything looks good(some of the characters look way out of place), but when you hit a mark where everything aligns...oh yeah.

Timu

Just curious are the super crushed blacks from your capture card (similar to BF4 eurogamer captures) or does the game actually look like that on your screen?
The game seems to be really dark on my screen, hope I can adjust the settings or else I'm stuck with this.

Man I thought my spending was done this month with the PS4 and Tearaway as well, looks like I am going to have to pick up Mario!

The game seems to be really dark on my screen, hope I can adjust the settings or else I'm stuck with this.

Was going to say that it looks far too dark, hopefully there is a setting somewhere that you may have missed.

Top Bottom