• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

15854447432_089ce37d5d_o.jpg

ugoo18

Why was this moved to community anyway, thread feels like it's dying now which considering the amount of games coming out now is kind of depressing.

Ecto1

Neo Member
Why was this moved to community anyway, thread feels like it's dying now which considering the amount of games coming out now is kind of depressing.

well, I plan on posting again soon, even picked up GTAv... I've just lost my HDD and couldn't be bothered doing it the long way around.

ugoo18

It will pick up in 2015 most likely.

I hope so because the drop off vs the amount of games being released now feels massive. I was mainly wondering why this thread of all threads ended up in the Community section. Seems like one of the most relevant gaming threads of all especially since we finally can get screenshots easily with all three consoles. I can understand for specific Game OTs after they've been out for a little while but this thread in particular is constantly showing (Depending on releases of course) new stuff that can apply to every game. Imo it's one of the best threads since i joined.

Is it a GAF rule or a specific aspect of this thread required it to be moved to the Community section?

TheMoon

they don't want mega threads in the main board. supposedly it's for short-lived and current discussions only.

all threads like this with on-going updates, discussion and whatnot got moved to community

Peterthumpa

I hope so because the drop off vs the amount of games being released now feels massive. I was mainly wondering why this thread of all threads ended up in the Community section. Seems like one of the most relevant gaming threads of all especially since we finally can get screenshots easily with all three consoles. I can understand for specific Game OTs after they've been out for a little while but this thread in particular is constantly showing (Depending on releases of course) new stuff that can apply to every game. Imo it's one of the best threads since i joined.

Is it a GAF rule or a specific aspect of this thread required it to be moved to the Community section?
Unfortunately the board rules are against keeping mega threads like this one in the front page. Although I do understand the reasons behind it, it's a shame that it looks like most people still look at the Community section as a graveyard.

It did took more than a while for this thread to be moved though, that's for sure.

ugoo18

they don't want mega threads in the main board. supposedly it's for short-lived and current discussions only.

all threads like this with on-going updates, discussion and whatnot got moved to community

Unfortunately the board rules are against keeping mega threads like this one in the front page. Although I do understand the reasons behind it, it's a shame that it looks like most people still look at the Community section as a graveyard.

It did took more than a while for this thread to be moved though, that's for sure.

Ahh alright i guess, oh well still will enjoy the content that does get posted.

Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4)

dragonage_inquisition22kbv.jpg

dragonage_inquisitioni9jsa.jpg

dragonage_inquisitionzckst.jpg

I don't really like the screenshot function of the PS4, the files are pretty low quality and badly compressed (1080p PS4 screens have much smaller file sizes than 720p Wii U screens) and the four second delay makes it hard to grab the frame you want. The IQ of the game is much better than on these screens.

-griffy-

Banned
and the four second delay makes it hard to grab the frame you want.

I don't think there's a delay, at least if you set it so a single press takes a screenshot and a long press opens the Share menu. The notification that a screenshot has been taken may take a second or two, but as far as I can tell it takes the screenshot the instant you press the button more or less.

I don't think there's a delay, at least if you set it so a single press takes a screenshot and a long press opens the Share menu. The notification that a screenshot has been taken may take a second or two, but as far as I can tell it takes the screenshot the instant you press the button more or less.

I changed my settings, it was set to long press for screenshot, it's not instant but much better than before. Thanks for the tip!

So with the first year of PS4 in the books, I thought I'd review my journeys and share some shots. I did have to return my first PS4 because of a faulty blu-ray player, so I'm sad to be missing my journey through Knack, Don't Starve, and some others. However, I'm amazed at how many cool gaming moments there have been.

Had been uploading to Facebook and using Imugr. Now copying to USB and uploading to Flickr. What a diff.

Shadow of Mordor

The Evil Within

Black Flag

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Thread rules below.

1. PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Wii U images only. Keep PC, emulator, and other shots out. Portable (3DS/Vita/etc) screenshots are to go in this thread.
2. Limit of 3 images per post. Regardless of platform, three images per post prevents thread bloat.
3. No double posting. Rule 2 is pointless if you can spam. So you can't.
4. Try to remember to include the game's name in your post's subject header. Helps people recognise the title!
5. Critique and be opinionated about games/shots, but don't threadshit. This is not the place for you to moan about how all Wii U screenshots drag the thread quality down, or how ugly all Xbox One titles are. Be fucking nice for once in your life.

You're not John Locke.

How about, "Thanks for putting in the effort to share and going through the pains to learn how to share properly."

And you didn't follow rule 5. You could have been nice. There were complaints about this thread being dead. I'm not just posting the same game over and over. Jeez.

You're not John Locke.

How about, "Thanks for putting in the effort to share and going through the pains to learn how to share properly."

And you didn't follow rule 5. You could have been nice. There were complaints about this thread being dead. I'm not just posting the same game over and over. Jeez.

Calm down, all he did was post the rules. He wasn't being mean. Your shots are appreciated, just make sure not to double post. :)

Jinjo

It's sharp on my TV, quality gets diluted a bit when I upload to Twitter/Facebook.

Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4)

1507289_10204051312136560_7213413037757535298_o.jpg

1397003_10204041545332396_7470360062609877072_o.jpg

10750162_10204051216454168_5839628483589662005_o.jpg

Awesome shots. Really loving the look of Dragon Age. It is no longer the ugly duckling in the Bioware farm. You do notice the animations etc are very similar to Mass Effect.

Your character looks exactly like mine too lol. I made him a slightly different version of my Shepard. I like to think he got sent to another dimension after Mass Effect's shitty ending lol.

Top Bottom