• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Ecto1

Neo Member
oHgP3gH.jpg

0YA3Ppy.jpg

zESLTz3.jpg

GTA V looks cross-gen to me (aside from outstanding dusk shots). Super Smash looks more impressive imo.

Maybe I need to see it in motion?

Well...it is a remaster of a last-gen game. :p

I disagree about Super Smash, though. It's colourful, and aesthetically pleasing, but that's about it for me.

Ecto1

Neo Member
GTA V looks cross-gen to me (aside from outstanding dusk shots). Super Smash looks more impressive imo.

Maybe I need to see it in motion?

Its definitely a cross-gen port. It has a lot of new or better aspects. More so than, say, watchdogs. Like parallax and volumetrics. But its still just a cross-gen game.
That said, there are moments where the visuals do blow me away. And others where it looks far worse than it should. In total, I'd say its one of the best cross-gen games, but I think the next GTA will really show off next gen.

And yes, it looks far better in motion.

Is it just me, or does Dragon Age look quite bad in some screenshots, and pretty good in others. I think the worst ones are the outdoor daylight shots, really flat and last gen looking.

Ecto1

Neo Member
Now don't tell me this place is also legitimately wet^^

I guess there is no such thing as polished objects, varnish, moisture or marble in your ideal game world? Developers often put a secular on objects to avoid them looking 'flat'.

As a matter of fact, one of the pillars of physically based rendering is to take every object and give it a reflection based off its roughness and environmental conditions like rain. My point is that if you see a specular in a game, it could just be that that area is meant to be specular? Or would environment artists not be aloud to have an artistic vision?

I'm sorry if I come off as harsh or mean or anything. I've just seen you complaining several times about this and its getting old for me. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I just meant to point out that an artist is aloud to have a vision for what he or she is creating... Regardless of if we like it or not.

Top Bottom