• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

tkscz

Question, is it possible for some monitors/computers to automatically remove aliasing from images? When ever I use my laptop from work on office monitors, all Mario Kart 8 shots suddenly become really smooth and Jaggyless.

akibacaayn1kjdld.png

akibacaayn34jiz8.png

I was exactly at those two spots a few months back!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Question, is it possible for some monitors/computers to automatically remove aliasing from images? When ever I use my laptop from work on office monitors, all Mario Kart 8 shots suddenly become really smooth and Jaggyless.

Your laptop has a higher PPI than whatever other screen you are viewing screenshots of the game on. The higher the PPI of a screen, the less aliased an image will look when viewed at 100% size.

OryoN

NintendoLand
wiiu_screenshot_tv_0162cgt.jpg

^ Sorry about the weird angle, was tilting Gamepad to get a better view.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rre68.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0189bmu.jpg

^ Ridley still too damn big!

I really like the crisp, vibrant look of Nintendoland, accented by its detailed modes & textures, with hi-res shadows to boot. I would like to see a more advanced version of this engine, with more dynamic lighting. Would probably look notably better than Mario Kart 8.

tkscz

Your laptop has a higher PPI than whatever other screen you are viewing screenshots of the game on. The higher the PPI of a screen, the less aliased an image will look when viewed at 100% size.

We use Dell U2412M monitors at work, I wish I could show you guys what I see. All 3 console screens look so much more clear than what I use at home, in both color and sharpness. I mean, Mario Kart 8 still has some jaggies, but Pikmin 3 and especially Super Mario 3D World are completely jaggy free.

iUwKe7uRj4XSJ.jpg

ibq6t7Bhep2Jvh.jpg

ib80oKf7WqDYX.jpg

chadboban

This game is excellent. [Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker]

iYKOP0nVMhrob.jpg

ibcO0j1I4kGoGD.jpg

isaBHhwgK0x2x.jpg

Minus images never show up for me for some reason. Even when I copy the URL and try to go directly to it I still can't see anything. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Nvm, now I can suddenly see them. This always happens with minus and me for some reason.

Grylvak

"These fighters are too pitiful. I require more of a challenge!"
GJu3crn.jpg

"Darn it, Pac-man! I'm not really feeling it right now!"
f4XjFeM.jpg

"Personally, I prefer my chicken fried."
Wnn50dY.jpg

Caayn

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7492/15965493641_fd477011e6_o.jpg[IMG][/quote]Love the way they did her hair, wish that hair isn't massively downgraded when the game switched back to gameplay from a cutscene.

[quote="nbnt, post: 142195615"][IMG]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7485/15345207734_5c40c86ed6_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]Nice shot.

[quote="23qwerty, post: 142258411"]Woah her hair looks really good there, that's ingame?[/QUOTE]In-engine cutscene, it's not ingame.

VanWinkle

Love the way they did her hair, wish that hair isn't massively downgraded when the game switched back to gameplay from a cutscene.

Nice shot.

In-engine cutscene, it's not ingame.

I thought the cutscenes were realtime since you can customize your character's clothing?

-griffy-

Banned
I started the hunting side stuff tonight, up in the northern wilderness area, and holy crap. I completed the game on PS3 but the remaster just improves the wilderness areas SO MUCH. Ended up just wandering around for like an hour doing nothing but taking shots. The amount of stuff in this game continues to boggle my mind.

ibdrjNzVueDZOP.jpg

ieFRfa5gnNpeM.jpg

i9mmN7U9fUw5s.jpg

Top Bottom