• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

I really do hope Sony(and MS) include a way to take uncompressed screens by the time I decide to get a PS4. I don't want to spend more money on a capture card, lol.

On topic, though. Keep up the amazing screens! Including the Wii U ;)

ffdgh

itkTadSGRD1f2.gif

Not sure if this counts (took video with my capture card). If it doesn't or is too big a GIF, I'll remove.

Soo...could you post more of these rarely? It looks nice in motion.

Pjsprojects

Here's a few more

LEGO Marvel (PS4):

1415314_10201433111443016_2000545623_o.jpg

Sorry for the compression. These are also old shots from when I first got the system. The previous ones are ones I took not that long ago (like a day or two ago).

Nice, is Lego marvel open world? That shot looks Lego city style from high up.

slapnuts

My bad. I've noticed nothing but 720p shots of WW in here.

I don't know, I think this is miles better, and if that's KZ3, that's a late-gen PS3 effort versus a launch effort from a team who didn't even know the finalized specs for most of their dev time.

The Mario Wii U shots are great considering the hardware, but it's still just 360-PS3 quality graphics in 2013.
Yeah i agree about your Wii U comment bud....some of the Wii U stuff posted in here is quite impressive...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

Yeah, it's open world. It's a pretty nice size, and there's lots of quests and gold bricks and characters to unlock in it outside of the story levels.

Here's one more I took about a week or so ago:

LEGO Marvel (PS4):

1404801_10201432278062182_1315406034_o.jpg

And one last one:

861012_10201433372009530_1140590006_o.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Yes.
So is LEGO Batman 2. And LEGO Lord of the Rings, sort of.

that looks mighty impressive
how does it run? I'm considering the WiiU version

There's a Wii U version demo available for download, I thought the demo level ran pretty well. Compared to Lego City, the demo level was a bit more detailed, and nicer looking, but the demo didn't have the open world part of the game.

Dammit Killzone is going to fill up my HDD, I can't stop taking pictures. It looks incredible. Definitely best graphical game of all time (so far).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm kind of stunned that Wii Sports Club is lacking any sort of AA. It should run at 1080p with some sort of AA considering its origins.

jett

D-Member
Out of all the games posted in this thread I think SM3DW is by far the most visually appealing one. Everything I see about the game makes me want to play it, can't say that about the likes of Killzone. :p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The crazy thing about all those Shadow Fall images is how it enforces my suspicion that Killzone: Mercenary reused a lot of assets from other Killzone games, tweaked and downsized for the portable, to economise development (makes sense, too). There's a few things in Shadow Fall that look crazy similar to stuff from Mercenary. Significantly improved obviously, but yeah, Guerrilla Cambridge probably had an archive of Killzone 2, Killzone 3, and Shadow Fall assets to put towards Mercenary and keep the level selection diverse.

le.phat

These Wii U haters never cease to amaze me. Their antics are so blatant, and douchey.
It's like they won't rest until the very last Wii U is purged from the earth, lol.

Some these days are so freaking lame and 'ungamer-like'. Actions like that only reinforces this notion.
I enjoy seeing them in distress, though. :D

This post is so ironic i'm willing to bet a fiver that you're from Portland.

It runs really smooth while looking better than Lego City. The time they spent developing Lego City and learning the hardware really shows here. Really want a sequel to that game on Wii U in 2015 :)

Really? When I played it at my cousin's, it dipped below 20 fps way too often.

The crazy thing about all those Shadow Fall images is how it enforces my suspicion that Killzone: Mercenary reused a lot of assets from other Killzone games, tweaked and downsized for the portable, to economise development (makes sense, too). There's a few things in Shadow Fall that look crazy similar to stuff from Mercenary. Significantly improved obviously, but yeah, Guerrilla Cambridge probably had an archive of Killzone 2, Killzone 3, and Shadow Fall assets to put towards Mercenary and keep the level selection diverse.

Exactly how I feel. Aesthetically, SF definitely feels closest to KZ M as well.

I think I know what I dislike about Knack's artstyle now. All those rocks... they create way too much visual noise. I find the top screen to be so much more aesthetically pleasing than the third one since it's so smooth. It's almost like looking at two completely different games.

Top Bottom