• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Nicktendo86

pN0.png

qN0.png

Just for fun
rN0.png

My god, these are the first in game shots I've seen and the difference to the photo mode is huge, those don't look great at all do they...

ozfunghi

I brought up the 360/PS3 because in the mind of a graphics whore they are in the same class as the Wii U. If Xbox One had launched with 360 quality graphics and invested more in motion control, then the PS4 screenshots thread would encompass the next-gen console graphics whores screenshots thread, and it would indeed be unnecessary to have two threads for the same thing. More than one next-gen console has significantly surpassed what consoles have achieved prior, but fewer than three. Last gen everyone seemed fine accepting the fact that the Wii lagged a generation behind. The lag is the same this gen, so I don't get why people are so sensitive to the proposition of a graphics whore thread that excludes it.

I'm not annoyed to see Wii U screens here. It is afterall a thread for each console manufacturer's respective new-gen consoles. But what I do get annoyed by is this pitchforking by Wii U supporters and tendency to overreact to things. Oh, that thread the guy made was incredibly poor, it was the shittiest premise for a thread, and you could tell he made it because he resented the Wii U. He did not start that thread out on an eloquent note. BUT I think that a thread existing based on the premise that XBO and PS4 graphics are in a league of their own and is dedicated to observing the most technically impressive console games ever made, then I see no problem with excluding the Wii U on the grounds that it is absolutely no match technically.

Well, you can always PM a mod and make a proposition i guess. On the other hand... if it's REALLY about graphics whoring and not being elitist towards WiiU (owners)... if it's REALLY about cutting edge graphics, meaning no WiiU/PS360... wouldn't you just be posting in the PC thread and also excluding the "inferior" PS4/XBO? Because why stop at excluding WiiU/PS360, when you could just as easily exclude those, when it comes down to "best graphics available"? So, how i see it, this is the thread for the 3 most powerful consoles out there from each company.

strata8

Ryse captures from a Gamersyde video... still pretty compressed. They look washed out on my desktop as well compared to my tablet.

QYYwetM.jpg

v7MXHB8.jpg

xLEHwGL.jpg

shandy706

I'm looking at picking up a capture card...really wish I could post this outside of photomode just to show how good it looks. It honestly looks almost darn near as good just swinging the camera to the side as you play. Outside of AA, it looks exactly like this...looks amazing in-game.

ibySZ5C4rb5WKG.jpg

69wpm

I see the images fine in Safari.

Also: I really like how Lego Marvel looks and plays, just not a big Marvel fan in general.

11026630713_45cff02e79_o.jpg

D-e-f-

Banned
that looks mighty impressive
how does it run? I'm considering the WiiU version

It's the version to get if you hate the dynamic splitscreen since it uses two-screen multiplayer (one person on TV, one on the gamepad). But it's dropping a few frames in co-op, sadly.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm looking at picking up a capture card...really wish I could post this outside of photomode just to show how good it looks. It honestly looks almost darn near as good just swinging the camera to the side as you play. Outside of AA, it looks exactly like this...looks amazing in-game.

ibySZ5C4rb5WKG.jpg
Direct capture from that track...

4O0.png

5O0.png

This shot is impressive to me. I was just waxing my F10 the other day (which is obviously no M5) and they absolutely nailed the headlight assembly detail and the paint shader. The paint surface looks exactly like what we see here. Very impressive.

6O0.png

Also, more crowd. They actually looks OK in stills, but while driving, the aliasing combined with the cardboard effect really makes them look strange. They would have been better off with polygon models. They would look less realistic up close but would appear much more impressive while racing.

7O0.png

Top Bottom