• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Ricky_R

It sucks, I want to take screens of the beautiful particle effects but those are the worst ones due to the insane compression:

itOLV5ae1QI69.png

This needs to end soon, lol.

haha oh my... Fix that shit bro/sis.

Thanks for all the grabs btw.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Looking forward to some pretty screens from Ryse. So far I've not been too impressed with any of the actual in-game gameplay screens like those new ones posted in DF article today. Meanwhile I've been blown away by some of the stuff I've seen in KZSF so far. Post some great screens and prove me wrong!

I must say before I played Killzone I thought Ryse was the best looking game but after playing it, I think Killzone takes the cake.

The helghast side of the world reminds me of the samatiran demo. Looks effin gorgeous

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think my capture card is giving me random results, I mean it can be as clear as these shots:

iDQvb3mkBj8An.png

ibt6V1j2AO7jT1.png

But then as fuzzy as this one, because I know it looked better on my screen, it's not even as clear as it should be, I think because certain things are in motion:
ibapkLR5EZyXSW.png

Can' wait until Saturday!!!

Is the last shot multiplayer? If it is then that would explain it. The FXAA blur is heavy in MP.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I must say before I played Killzone I thought Ryse was the best looking game but after playing it, I think Killzone takes the cake.

The helghast side of the world reminds me of the samatiran demo. Looks effin gorgeous
The lighting in KZ is amazing at so many points during the game. When you launch the owl in a somewhat darker room in Ch3, the way it all lights up volumetrically is the kind of stuff I was dreaming the games would look like someday. Also, the game has the best realized "Blade Runner" look of any game I've ever seen, so it tickles that fancy of mine really well.

cakefoo

Well, you can always PM a mod and make a proposition i guess. On the other hand... if it's REALLY about graphics whoring and not being elitist towards WiiU (owners)... if it's REALLY about cutting edge graphics, meaning no WiiU/PS360... wouldn't you just be posting in the PC thread and also excluding the "inferior" PS4/XBO? Because why stop at excluding WiiU/PS360, when you could just as easily exclude those, when it comes down to "best graphics available"? So, how i see it, this is the thread for the 3 most powerful consoles out there from each company.
Wrong, it's a thread for the 3 NEWEST consoles from each company. And if you can see why PC is excluded from this thread, you can understand why some might want it excluded from a console graphics whore thread.

Mitark

Killzone Shadow Fall

1397131_10202579317385482_2062567892_o.jpg

1398868_10202579315025423_1469054013_o.jpg

1483478_10202579313865394_1830016098_o.jpg

Just finished Chapter 5, man you just go around and check every corner with this game, so beautiful

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
The lighting in KZ is amazing at so many points during the game. When you launch the owl in a somewhat darker room in Ch3, the way it all lights up volumetrically is the kind of stuff I was dreaming the games would look like someday. Also, the game has the best realized "Blade Runner" look of any game I've ever seen, so it tickles that fancy of mine really well.

That whole Chapter 3 segment made me really, really want a survival horror game using the Killzone: SF engine. The lighting in that section is fricking insane. And yeah, sending the OWL through darkened areas, and just gawking at the way the lighting and shadows are affected by its movements is one of Killzone's small pleasures.

EDIT: cakefoo. Let it go. God damn, man.

I'm a graphics whore up the ass, no doubt. I love my gaming PC. It fucking rocks being able to play games at absurd resolution with max settings, but Jesus fucking Christ, this is a console gaming screenshot thread, featuring the latest platforms from Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. And Nintendo's platform is looking good and holding its own and I love seeing it just as much as the PS4 and Xbox ONE. In fact, this thread actually sold me on the Wii U, when I was just "ho hum" about it before. Just let it go. We understand your point, you've hammered it home over and over again throughout this thread.

If the Wii U stuff bothers you, just scroll past it. Kind of like how I do with the Call of Duty screens I saw in this thread before. Not interested, so I move past them. Sheesh.

D-e-f-

Banned

Half Life 2, is that you?

Something about those screens makes this game look terrific. I bought this game a launch but haven't played it yet. I'm having a hard time re-adapting to dual analog after playing FPS with a Wiimote and nunchuk for so long.

It's the lighting plus the camera effect with the lens-flares. Might be simple trickery but the result is amazing. It's even more insane considering this games development history.

Mitark

That whole Chapter 3 segment made me really, really want a survival horror game using the Killzone: SF engine. The lighting in that section is fricking insane. And yeah, sending the OWL through darkened areas, and just gawking at the way the lighting and shadows are affected by its movements is one of Killzone's small pleasures.

Chapter 3 is my favorite chapter, and i just played up to chapter 5, The lighting in that section is incredible and with the audio log coming out from the DS4, god the horror games on the PS4 using the DS4 will be amazing.

1404494_10202579306345206_1578801553_o.jpg

1398425_10202579303865144_540481975_o.jpg

Ricky_R

Can you capture screens with your PS4 or do you guys do it with something elsE?

Yes, you can capture screens with your PS4. That's what the share button is for. You can then upload them to Facebook or Twitter and from there you can copy the url or do what alr1ght explained here.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Chapter 3 is my favorite chapter, and i just played up to chapter 5, The lighting in that section is incredible and with the audio log coming out from the DS4, god the horror games on the PS4 using the DS4 will be amazing.

I know! I really should have taken more screenshots of that Chapter. I'll go back and replay it anyway, as I missed a lot of collectables.

That audio log made me jump the first time I heard it. Lol.

HP0.jpg

Asassin's Creed IV - Black Flag on my PS4, just looking out at the sea, water looks so beautiful in this game. Dat Next Gen Water.

Wow! All the great AC shots (keep it up Shinobi) make me want to rush through my AC marathon quicker. I decided to catch up with the franchise, but only around half way through AC2.

Most of the Killzone shots in this thread look very compressed, don't do the game justice. ;(

MegalonJJ

Banned

Beautiful! Reminds me of how good an Aliens game could look. (Doubt it'll happen).

cakefoo

PS4 is Sony's most powerful system
Wii U is Nintendo's most powerful system
XBox One is Microsoft's most powerful system.

What he said wasn't wrong.
But to be precise, this thread is about the latest generation of consoles. Nintendo could have released a successor weaker than Wii, gave it some amazing new controller, and said this is the future of gaming, not better graphics or more power--- and this thread would then be about those three consoles, not PS4 XBO and Wii 1. Which would be really boring for Nintendo fans because there'd be no new releases to share.

In my fantasy world System Shock 3 gets 1) made, 2) released on the PS4. I totally agree that the audio logs playing through the DS4 is awesome. Really added to the atmosphere of that level.

But to be precise, this thread is about the latest generation of consoles. Nintendo could have released a successor weaker than Wii, gave it some amazing new controller, and said this is the future of gaming, not better graphics or more power--- and this thread would then be about those three consoles, not PS4 XBO and Wii 1. Which would be really boring for Nintendo fans because there'd be no new releases to share.

Could you please drop this? Nobody is interested. Most of us are in this thread for the screenshots.

Let it go, bruh. Nobody cares.

This is why we want Nintendo to put out a system on a level powerwise with PS4 and Xbone. Nintendo has some of the most technically and artistically competant studios. Zelda games were powerhouses back in the day....

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Just got my XB1.. And Ryse is just D:

11072201994_cfd5b94990_o.png

11072153016_5a66dc0025_o.png

11072232103_5778969328_o.png

Shame that most of the cutscenes are pre-rendered.

Top Bottom