• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Looks amazing. There's definitely a loss of macro detail from the 900p though. It doesn't look tack sharp compared to some of the other screens you've posted. Lighting and overall cleanliness of the visuals are delicious though.
Agreed. But thank god they didn't use that sharpening BS.

More Ryse

11074102293_381d41f9b7_o.png

11074025994_ea26e53c86_o.png

11073913785_646f77ee9a_o.png

zroid

Banned
So Vita screenshots are fine according to the thread rules?

11073782816_0d4b7bca78_o.jpg

11073791664_2f0529268c_o.jpg

Was a tad disappointed with UGA, especially compared to its PS3 brethren, but it was a nice looking game, that's for sure. Graphically one of the most impressive launch titles I've seen, I think, across any platform (for the system it's on, that is). Only problem was non-native res.

Was a tad disappointed with UGA, especially compared to its PS3 brethren, but it was a nice looking game, that's for sure. Graphically one of the most impressive launch titles I've seen, I think, across any platform (for the system it's on, that is). Only problem was non-native res.

Yeah, it is a very nice looking game, but I think KZ Mercenary is quite a bit more impressive. To me it is 'next gen' looking game because considering the platform the visuals look fantastic. Tearway also looks sublime.

ssjali

Yeah, compared to the PS3 games it falls off a bit, but I honestly expected a less entertaining handheld version.

Yeah, it is a very nice looking game, but I think KZ Mercenary is quite a bit more impressive. To me it is 'next gen' looking game because considering the platform the visuals look fantastic. Tearway also looks sublime.

Have yet to get my hand on Tearaway. Rayman Origins looks beautiful on the Vita too.

Mifune

Mehmber
Lets just end this assumption now.

It's an opinion, not an assumption. And yes, 3D World looks great, sharper and cleaner than Galaxy. I'm saying it doesn't look TO ME like a generational leap, that's all. I was more wowed by the jump from Mario 64 to Super Mario Sunshine, or for a more current example, Resistance to Killzone: Shadow Fall.

EDIT: Damn, Ryse looks fricken' gorgeous...

KHlover

Banned
So Vita screenshots are fine according to the thread rules?

11073782816_0d4b7bca78_o.jpg

11073791664_2f0529268c_o.jpg

KZ Beta

11073852793_367702437b_o.jpg

Really love the looks of Uncharted (great game aswell). They should release a new part for the Vita

I have some Wii U pictures too, but they were old Miiverse posts (bad quality). Will post some good snaps here whenever they will happen on Wii U, PS 4 or Vita. ;D

PLEASE put your next Vita screenshots in Quote tags, those horribly blown up shots don't do the games justice. You'll want those images to be as close to their size on the PSVita display as possible, everything else looks horrible.

Ithil

in their defense, this is their first system with enough horsepower to make more advanced liquid effects without taking a big toll on everything else. they are lacking practice in that area so hopefully they put that in later games. this game also looked like it had to be released on time so they probably didn't have time for that.

Indeed, a 3D Land style Mario due out for the holidays looks that good, I'm eager to see whatever more 64/Sunshine/Galaxy ones that are out later in the Wii U's life look like.

It's an opinion, not an assumption. And yes, 3D World looks great, sharper and cleaner than Galaxy. I'm saying it doesn't look TO ME like a generational leap, that's all. I was more wowed by the jump from Mario 64 to Super Mario Sunshine, or for a more current example, Resistance to Killzone: Shadow Fall.

EDIT: Damn, Ryse looks fricken' gorgeous...

Resistance to Shadow Fall is not a very good example to compare Galaxy games with SM3DW.

The galaxy games had some of the best graphics on the Wii while Resistance was a launch title for PS3 that has aged pretty badly..

Super Mario Galaxy's, for one

Just prefer that design for Mario, it has more life in it.

To each his own but I personally don't understand that reasoning. The animations in 3D World are lively and pretty fantastic (especially the cat suit ones) and off topic but I vastly prefer 3D World's voice acting to that in Super HorriblyShrillSqueakToy Galaxy and I'm so glad Martinet decided to mute his performance just a tad.

ssjali

PLEASE put your next Vita screenshots in Quote tags, those horribly blown up shots don't do the games justice. You'll want those images to be as close to their size on the PSVita display as possible, everything else looks horrible.

Edited the post, thanks for the heads up mate, didn't think about it.

Mifune

Mehmber
Resistance to Shadow Fall is not a very good example to compare Galaxy games with SM3DW.

The galaxy games had some of the best graphics on the Wii while Resistance was a launch title for PS3 that has aged pretty badly..

Fine. Would Killzone 2 work? Because my point still stands. There's a generational leap there that is not apparent TO ME in the Galaxy-to-3D World jump.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
So you recommend 1080p instead?=O
Nah I'm being sarcastic :p it's always better to take screenshots at the native res of said game.
But, it is better to send a 1080p signal to your TV (assuming it's a 1080p TV), 720p or less might add some input lag because the TV is doing the scaling.

Here's a Ryse shot justifying this post :)

11074800073_28e4922093_o.png

This guy was like OH SHI...

Timu

Nah I'm being sarcastic :p it's always better to take screenshots at the native res of said game.
But, it is better to send a 1080p signal to your TV (assuming it's a 1080p TV), 720p or less might add some input lag because the TV is doing the scaling.

Here's a Ryse shot justifying this post :)

11074800073_28e4922093_o.png

This guy was like OH SHI...
Well I play on a monitor so it's different I guess, lol, nice screen as well.

KHlover

Banned
Edited the post, thanks for the heads up mate, didn't think about it.

You're welcome :D

The first time I posted one of my PSVita screenshots on a forum I almost had a heart attack. The awesome display of the Vita really plays a big role in how good (especially clean!) the games look on it :D

Riki

Fine. Would Killzone 2 work? Because my point still stands. There's a generational leap there that is not apparent TO ME in the Sunshine-to-3D World jump.
You're saying that 3D World looks in the same generation as Sunshine?
Spuh?

Fine. Would Killzone 2 work? Because my point still stands. There's a generational leap there that is not apparent TO ME in the Sunshine-to-3D World jump.

Ok, hard to believe but whatever. Lightning and shaders alone are above PS360 IMO, but opinions opinions.

Top Bottom