• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

K44QfQX.jpg

lolololol

LOL, where is this from?

Well the original screenshot was from Digital Foundry (I think). The car vault just makes it epic :)

chadboban

lolololol

Well the original screenshot was from Digital Foundry (I think). The car vault just makes it epic :)

Yeah someone else told me, I almost couldn't believe it man! I thought the entire image was a joke until I actually went to the DF article. My jaw dropped when I actually freaking saw it there.

Ryse looks awesome, but it's quite bad unfortunately.

Killzones skybox is beyond awesome.

And can't wait to play 3D World on my TV. ^^

I request more screens of Need for Speed: Rivals :D

VanWinkle

I feel sorry for you guys that are taking so many screenshots on Wii U. It would be horrible to have to pause and go into a web browser and upload and go back into the game after every singe screenshot. That would be terrible. The whole system is so cumbersome that I never even bother with it.

I feel sorry for you guys that are taking so many screenshots on Wii U. It would be horrible to have to pause and go into a web browser and upload and go back into the game after every singe screenshot. That would be horrible. The whole system is so cumbersome that I never even bother with it.

It's easier than buying a capture card. Or pulling it off of Twittbook.

I kid, I kid

Take this, replace with Mario and his world, and that would be an awesome game.

yeah....nooooooooooo!

Or are you suggesting that the change to Mario would have resulted in better scores?

I feel sorry for you guys that are taking so many screenshots on Wii U. It would be horrible to have to pause and go into a web browser and upload and go back into the game after every singe screenshot. That would be terrible. The whole system is so cumbersome that I never even bother with it.

You would be surprised at how easy it is actually.

Whoops, I meant Galaxy.

Confess, the only footage you have seen is the one from E3 right?

VanWinkle

It's easier than buying a capture card. Or pulling it off of Twittbook.

I kid, I kid

For me, pulling it off Facebook is no different than pulling it off any other image uploading site. I just press the share button once on the PS4 and it takes a screenshot without any menus or anything. Can take as many as I want, and when I'm ready to start uploading, I have a full slate of them to work with. I still have to upload one at a time, however. So it's not perfect. To me, it's perfect on Vita. Same as with PS4 where you can keep taking them without going into any menus, but it's instantaneous, and you can do whatever you want with them. I usually just wirelessly transfer like 30 or 40 Vita screenshots at a time to my PC, where I then upload them all at once on Min.us. That is where I want PS4 to get to soon. On Wii U, they need a button combination to take a screenshot, like Vita, and a system that will store and categorize all of your screenshots, and then you can upload them or transfer them via SD card or USB memory stick.

onilink88

Hmm can't say I'm that impressed with the Mario shots. Doesn't look that much better than the SMG games actually. I'm sure it's an amazing game to play but I guess I don't see what everyone is so agog over.

There is a massive difference between the SMG games and SM3DW, whether you acknowledge it or not.

That aliasing on Contrast, dear lord.

Not surprising seeing as it's a UE3 game. UE3 typically offers no AA other than FXAA. On PC, you usually need to force SGSSAA or use downsampling. Devs rarely go the extra mile to add in AA compatibility, and usually it's in the form of very expensive supersampling. Though Batman Origins has a nice list of AA modes to choose from.

Given that the game doesn't look very demanding, it's unfortunate that the devs didn't at least.... try.

zroid

Banned

I am always logged into minus on the Wii U browser and have my gallery open in a tab at all times so it takes roughly 15 seconds to pause the game, and upload a screenshot. No need to feel sorry.

tkscz

Why? It takes little time and is simple to do. Doesn't even take a minute to make a screen, plus no twitter or facebook.

GulAtiCa

Takes less then 30 seconds to get all three pictures in place in a post.. So nothing to feel sorry about.

It dips to 20s without anything really going on? Gee.o_O

Yeah, the performance seems quite random and it makes playing through the game somewhat nauseating at times. Imagine the developers wanted to be out at launch, or were asked to be as the free PS plus game when Drive Club was delayed and didn't have time to properly optimize the game.

Pittree

x63lAAwhoslZ

Ok I finally decided to join the thread. I'll try to post the best screens possible (the one above is just a test) for around 9 Wii U retail games in my catalog. However I am having some issues with copy since it rewrites the file everytime I try to upload. Any advice?

plank

Wind Waker is in 1080p, I wish the Wii U's capture device lets you support that res.=O

It couldn't capture pics in 720 before, but that all changed with an update. So maybe a future update will make 1080p captures possible.

Top Bottom