• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! |OT|

Haunted

t7dsa.jpg

No thread for this yet? For shame, GAF. A restaurant management sim with some real time barkeeping/cooking/serving thrown in, mixing strategy with arcade twitch gameplay elements. Create your own menu, buy new equipment and expand the restaurant to keep your customers (and the health inspectors) happy.

I played the demo, it's quite fun! Also made by our very own chubigans, so support GAF developers. :D

Screenshots:

Where to buy (~$8.95):

UPDATE

Steam - 10% off right now!

Vertigo Gaming

Desura

Gamersgate

Press:

RPS

Giantbomb Quicklook

And a message from chubs:
This game was inspired by the old Japanese Ore no Ryouri series, a game that I loved and wanted to expand on. I also wanted to make the game as non-linear as possible, hence why every food is unlocked from the very start. There are so many paths you can take to attain the ultimate five star restaurant...it's completely up to you.

It's also "hardcore" in the sense that I'm not catering to anyone outside the indie gamer. This can be a difficult game, but the difficulty scales along with you. If you have a bad day and serve many bad orders, you won't get as many customers the next day. But do well and obtain positive word of mouth, and your restaurant will be even more packed the next day.

I really hope you try out the demo and I'd love feedback! I'm also planning to port the game to Mac this year, and will expand to many other platforms next year.

Also bonus screenshot with GAF shoutout, spotted in the GB QL thread:

:lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I saw this on Greenlight recently, didn't know a GAFFer claims to be the creator. Looks pretty cool. I'm always intrigued by unconvential simulation games. I might wait until it "expands" onto other platforms but I'll give it a shot.

jaypah

Thanks, never heard of this. I'll try it out when I get off. Also, that GAF shout out is funny and those nachos look delicious.

Raye

Neo Member
Can't wait for the Mac version! I was pleasantly surprised how fun the game looked in the Giant Bomb QL. Looking forward to this now.

Bought it last night. It's very twitch-based, stressful, and completely engrossing. I see myself pouring far too much time into it.

Also, fuck soups.

mclem

I saw this on Greenlight recently, didn't know a GAFFer claims to be the creator.

Claims to be?

I liked Chubigans' earlier Ore no Ryouri clones, he probably deserves some money off me anyway, so this seems an excellent way to go about it!

Bought and played this today, very addictive. Pretzels are by far the easiest thing to cook that I've found (Haven't unlocked everything yet) and I keep accidently overcooking burgers but I'm getting faster with salads and sodas.

Minor Gaf related spoiler below

Watch out for an email from a certain Wario 64 advertising games

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Oh wow, thanks everyone! It's been a crazy day since the GB QL went up. Glad everyone seems to be enjoying the game!

I'm going to release a small patch hopefully this evening- it's a bug where if you complete more than one catering/iron cook challenge in a row, you will only get rewarded with money once.

Simple fix: when you beat a challenge, exit out to the main menu and then you can go back to the catering/iron cook challenge menu to try another event. But I'll patch it within the next few hours.

_machine

Voted for greenlight and will most likely buy as soon as it hits even though I'm swamped with games currently. Great work, chubigans!

bought this today, quite fun. One issue I'm having is that sometimes when I try to change the menu, the items don't stick and I keep starting days with only a half empty menu. Is this a known bug?

Ceebs

Bought after the QL yesterday and finding out it was your next game after The Oil Blue.

Also voted for on Greenlight.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
bought this today, quite fun. One issue I'm having is that sometimes when I try to change the menu, the items don't stick and I keep starting days with only a half empty menu. Is this a known bug?

It definitely shouldn't be. Do you mind sending your save file over? Just give me a PM.

Nabs

I just tried out the demo, it was a lot of fun! Congrats on the Quicklook. I hope it gets you onto Steam.

Haunted

Man, rush hours can get so hectic so quickly. >_>

Complexity of the menu vs simple (but cheap) items you can perfect easier is a pretty good risk/reward mechanic. Ingredients with a shortcut that's not their first letter are totally fucking me up. Y for Butter ;_;

Haunted

Where's the proof, Chubigans!
191647_original.gif

Concept art with timestamps and your signature or we're done here!

Seriously though, while he did most of the development, the credits do show a couple more people working on the game, additional artist and a music guy. The music is good, fun stuff.

Krabboss

Went onto Greenlight after watching the quick look and voted for this as well as The Oil Blue when I saw it was from the same person (people?). The Oil Blue was a good game. This looks like a good game too.

Jintor

i think there's a legitimate thing with me not wanting to make accounts with every god damn store on the internet

LuchaShaq

Banned
I hate to have to make another account just for one game but if it's drm free fuck it I'm in.

Giantbomb quicklook sold me it looks fun.

Would double dip on an android or vita version though.

itxaka

Defeatist
So did you not get in the Steam store again Chubi?

shame, let's hope we can greenligth it.

Also Mac support...will that mean linux support pretty please with a cherry on top?

Top Bottom