• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! |OT|

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So did you not get in the Steam store again Chubi?

shame, let's hope we can greenligth it.

Also Mac support...will that mean linux support pretty please with a cherry on top?

I would love Linux support. Ultimately it's up to wherever Game Maker Studio goes. It's ridiculously easy to port to platforms with that program...I had a Mac version of CSD ready to go in two weeks. There be more platforms coming. :)

Also, there was a 1.053 patch released a few hours ago, here's the hot scoop.

Oh, and I have found my next game idea.

thenextbigidea.jpg

Before the video, sales were in line with my low expectations at that point…and now in just the last 24 hours since the video was posted they have tripled. Not tripled compared to the day before, tripled compared to the last two whole weeks the game has been released. Holy crap.

seems like GB video did ya good chub.

gratz!

Ignignort

Yep the quicklook sold me on this game! Buying it directly from you now and voted for it on Greenlight.

Best of luck, my friends loved The Oil Blue and I didn't realise you were the same guy!

Jintor

I'm really fucking tempted to just get it off desura though

rggggh

damn you, quick looks. damn you, chubbs.

This game is good. I do feel like I need to plan my menu out better though because switching between something letter heavy like a baked potato or lasagna and something that requires a lot of arrow taps like wine gets pretty rough.

krpiper

I get a bunch of graphical glitches like I can't see the food when I am making it and when the customer slides across the screen it leaves a ghost image behind :(

Chris_C

Saw the quick look and thought this looked like a heck of a lot of fun. I'd pick it up if it were on Vita, don't really spend much time gaming on PC these days.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I get a bunch of graphical glitches like I can't see the food when I am making it and when the customer slides across the screen it leaves a ghost image behind :(

Sounds like the game isn't loading the sprites correctly. Are you sure you're running the EXE from the main CSD folder? It needs access to the DATA folders.

If you're still having problems, just PM me and I can troubleshoot with ya.

Bought yesterday, this is my new addiction love these types of games. Will there be updates?
As far as expansions and stuff? Probably not, as I have to get this ported to a lot of different platforms. I want to move on to a new game. But believe me, there's quite a bit of content already. :)

Saw the quick look and thought this looked like a heck of a lot of fun. I'd pick it up if it were on Vita, don't really spend much time gaming on PC these days.

There's a rumor that GMStudio might support Playstation Mobile. I'd definitely be all over dat Vita. But that would likely be early next year, if the rumors are true anyways.

Also, this guy is playing CSD for charity today! Dunno how long he's going to play it, he's on break right now and will probably switch out games soon:

http://www.twitch.tv/chasepettit

dyreschlock

This game looks very very fun.

But...

No Steam, no sale for me.

EDIT: Voted for the game on Greenlight.

I hate to be an asshole about it, but I'm in the same boat. If I'm buying a computer game, it's going to be on steam.

Also, my Mac is way better than my PC, so I eagerly await the Mac version.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Mac version? hmmm My gf would love this but her macbook is from 2008, probably would chug? xbox/ios version I'm pretty sure she'd be hooked haha.

Bought this on Desura last night -- well done, sir! I didn't expect to enjoy a cooking game this much, heh. I am doing my best to keep my alcoholic customers satiated at all hours of the morning.

This game is good. I do feel like I need to plan my menu out better though because switching between something letter heavy like a baked potato or lasagna and something that requires a lot of arrow taps like wine gets pretty rough.

Same -- for a while I was switching to my mouse for the arrow stuff, but using the keys still seems quicker. I like having beer on the menu all the time since the down arrow is so easy to find.

Interesting. Do you have to start out as a fastfood joint?

The game doesn't really classify you as a fast food or sit-down restaurant, it's just down to what you put on the menu. You'll probably start out with more fastfood-like dishes because they're cheaper to buy initially, but you could serve corn dogs, beer, lasagna, and steaks at the same restaurant if you want.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I picked this up after seeing the QL...that neogaf acceptance email...how could I resist? It's even better now, since after buying the game, that was clearly random (I'm on day 11 and haven't seen it). My biggest complaint so far is how long it takes to get to 2 stars. I finished all of the 1 star challenges except for the 20 day service one at only 9 days. So now it feels like I'm just doing busywork until i can get to the next rank and start unlocking some of the special and mysterious events.

Ceebs

For anyone complaining about having to make a new account or whatever, you can just buy it straight from his site. I made no account, just entered in my CC details and got an EXE to download.

Also fuck salads.

Haunted

For anyone complaining about having to make a new account or whatever, you can just buy it straight from his site. I made no account, just entered in my CC details and got an EXE to download.

Also fuck salads.
Salads are fine, it's the fucking oven stuff (baked potatoes) that fucked me over.

Also, I've been thinking for a while now how to solve the same-letter problem in a sensible way. Y for butter will eternally bug me. :p

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Mac version? hmmm My gf would love this but her macbook is from 2008, probably would chug? xbox/ios version I'm pretty sure she'd be hooked haha.

I'll definitely have a demo for the Mac.

I picked this up after seeing the QL...that neogaf acceptance email...how could I resist? It's even better now, since after buying the game, that was clearly random (I'm on day 11 and haven't seen it). My biggest complaint so far is how long it takes to get to 2 stars. I finished all of the 1 star challenges except for the 20 day service one at only 9 days. So now it feels like I'm just doing busywork until i can get to the next rank and start unlocking some of the special and mysterious events.

Yeah, balancing the amount of days to work was a big challenge. Originally it was actually 30 days for each star, but that got axed very quickly in beta testing, hah. Once you get in the higher stars, it'll feel less "grindy."

Salads are fine, it's the fucking oven stuff (baked potatoes) that fucked me over.

Also, I've been thinking for a while now how to solve the same-letter problem in a sensible way. Y for butter will eternally bug me. :p
Yeah, it was very difficult figuring out which key goes with what. Bacon is in a majority of foods, so I put it as B, and that beat out Butter which was only in two foods.

I was going crazy with the key mapping, trying to keep most of the ingredients universal. You might want to skip Soups, hah.

Do I still get a steam key when it gets greenlit if I buy direct from the website

You'll get a Steam key no matter where you buy!

Since the GiantBomb vid I've jumped 28% in the Greenlight rankings, which is a HUGE percentage, but that still only puts me at 48% of the way to the top 100. It's going to be quite a while until we hit 100. But I think once we get to Mac and...other platforms...it'll keep growing I think.

Also fuck salads.

Salads haven't bothered me much since I got the hang of everything besides dressing and cheese being in pairs. Makes parsing the order a lot easier.

The thing that gets me right now is pizzas -- that second topping list on the shift key is a killer.

Just watched the GB quick look. There can't be people that order corn dogs with just ketchup right?

Right?

It looks fun as hell.

bm1616

Bought it after the GB quicklook. Really fun stuff so far, 15 days in.

So far I've been sticking with some of the more easy recipes and ones that I've pretty much perfected. Love the challenge of getting perfect days.

I'll be sure to go over to greenlight and give it a vote.

Pikma

Banned
I'm totally getting this, playing Ore No Ryouri was a stellar moment in my childhood. I'll take the money I was going to put on Alpha Protocol and get this instead. :p

LuchaShaq

Banned

Also fuck salads.

Yep I used amazon payments from the site which was handy.

GF HATES sitting at my desk because of my weird desk chair and yet after showing her the game I basically lost her for 90 minutes. Completely panics every rush hour.

Best restaurants serve beer/wine/soda/steak. What a combo!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
People do know you can add any game on your PC to your Steam list, yes?

Such a weird rule/hangup to have.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Bought it after the GB quicklook. Really fun stuff so far, 15 days in.

So far I've been sticking with some of the more easy recipes and ones that I've pretty much perfected. Love the challenge of getting perfect days.

I'll be sure to go over to greenlight and give it a vote.

Thanks! It's been really interesting seeing what strategies people use for the game. I personally bought corndogs and pretzels right off the bat, but a lot of people seem to skip that food entirely.

Yep I used amazon payments from the site which was handy.

GF HATES sitting at my desk because of my weird desk chair and yet after showing her the game I basically lost her for 90 minutes. Completely panics every rush hour.

Best restaurants serve beer/wine/soda/steak. What a combo!

Mmm, sounds like the best restaurant ever. Haha, there was a live stream yesterday with someone playing CSD and he would stop talking and breathe a little more heavily during rush hours. It was great.

Gave in and bought it. Goddamn.

Making a killing with pasta, salad, drinks and beer. Fun as hell.

Fun fact: the beer and wine in this game bumped my rating in the Mac App store submission from a 4+ all ages to 12+. I regret nothing!

Please don't sue me Wario.

rakhir

Game looks great, i just bumped it in the greenlight.

I found it funny that the first video on the game greenlight is the GB quick look.

Ceebs

Fish is totally the best food in the game. I can make them in a split second and they sell for good money.

Just did my first EXTRA EVENT
Catering job pizza and burger party
I did'nt blink or breath for two minutes, i can be faster though only 15 orders pfft!

Haunted

The first time I tried catering it was an absolute disaster.

Ruined some kids' party. :(

edit: the Hobo model with a balloon hat turning up at the office party is pretty hilarious.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Nintendo's gonna sue

Also, I voted this game on greenlight as soon as it was listed I think. Glad to know that it turned out great!

Thanks!

The first time I tried catering it was an absolute disaster.

Ruined some kids' party. :(

edit: the Hobo model with a balloon hat turning up at the office party is pretty hilarious.

Hah, catering is a walk in the park compared to the next two major events. Hopefully I didn't make it too hard!

Top Bottom