• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! |OT|

Jintor

Yo Chubs - can you add some way to see food stats directly on the active menu screen? Don't know how it would work with the UI, but it would be helpful!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Got to 2 stars...and you add ANOTHER slot? 4 was already hectic!

Muhahaha! Just wait till later in the game.

Yo Chubs - can you add some way to see food stats directly on the active menu screen? Don't know how it would work with the UI, but it would be helpful!

Yeah, this was one of the few requested features in the beta that didn't make it in the game- the way the game is programmed it would be hard for the game to "know" when you are hovering over icons so it can display info. It would require a ton of coding actually, and yeah, I don't know where to put it on the menu. :(

Jintor

;___;

But i want to plan my menuuuuuuu without using my notebook

it does have the icon overlay though... i guess that's something

krpiper

Sounds like the game isn't loading the sprites correctly. Are you sure you're running the EXE from the main CSD folder? It needs access to the DATA folders.

If you're still having problems, just PM me and I can troubleshoot with ya.

I just downloaded the demo and I just used the shortcut on the desktop

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
;___;

But i want to plan my menuuuuuuu without using my notebook

it does have the icon overlay though... i guess that's something

Aw I'm sorry. :( Maybe I could make a PDF of all the icons and their purpose? I know that seems nuts, but that could help eh?

Chubigans, are you planning an iPad release?

:)

my wife would love this game.

mac version release date?

Just submitted it to the App store yesterday! But right now their submission times are two to three weeks, and that's if we got all the code correctly done the first time to pass submission (considering this is my first time doing this, that might not be the case). If it looks like it's going to take an overly long time, I'll release it before it hits the App store.

I just downloaded the demo and I just used the shortcut on the desktop

Well that's bizarre. I'll PM you so I can help further.

Jintor

Aw I'm sorry. :( Maybe I could make a PDF of all the icons and their purpose? I know that seems nuts, but that could help eh?

it's just a question of a few extra clicks... it'd just be so convenient if it could be mouseover'd. Something for your strip club next game, then, i guess!

Jintor

QZGVa.jpg

SHOTS FIRED

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Just watched the GB Quicklook for this this morning. Day One on the Mac version. Counting the days :-D
Yeah, hopefully the Mac App submission process won't be too bad. Submitted over the weekend, now the wait begins!

Usually the indie community is tight and everyone is friendly, but chubigans just goes all out war. :p :p

I wrote that one during the whole Japan games escapades. I completely forgot about it until now, hah!

Also, the 1.053 patch for Desura users is available now via a manual install. Directions available here.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
As someone who can both enjoy a good home-style local diner meal as well as the annual French Laundry trip, what's the high-end dining experience like in this game? Is it at all Ratatouille inspired? :)

Ceebs

Would it be possible to have escape back out of a menu to the main screen? That is really my only gripe about the interface.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
As someone who can both enjoy a good home-style local diner meal as well as the annual French Laundry trip, what's the high-end dining experience like in this game? Is it at all Ratatouille inspired? :)
It's half fast food, half luxury...but nothing crazy fancy, hah.

how does the difficulty scale?

I never can finish games like diner dash because it eventually goes beyond my human limits.
Yeah, with Diner Dash I think there's a wall you hit where the game becomes impossibly hard so that you can't continue anymore. I hate that in games.

CSD isn't like that, but it is fairly difficult, and only gets more so as you go along. Try the demo and see how it fares for you.

Would it be possible to have escape back out of a menu to the main screen? That is really my only gripe about the interface.
The problem is that the game has to do a lot of checks as it backs out of each menu, to where it's cleaning up variables and such. So while that seems easy enough to do it would require a ton of work and bug testing. Right now I'm tied up with the Mac port and...other CSD related things...but I can take a look at that once I get those versions out of the way. It won't be for a while though, I'm sorry. :(

Ceebs

The problem is that the game has to do a lot of checks as it backs out of each menu, to where it's cleaning up variables and such. So while that seems easy enough to do it would require a ton of work and bug testing. Right now I'm tied up with the Mac port and...other CSD related things...but I can take a look at that once I get those versions out of the way. It won't be for a while though, I'm sorry. :(

Not a huge deal. I was just throwing it out in case it was an easy fix. Still dig the game quite a bit.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Watching someone panic during a robbery and not see the guys face at all? Hilarious.

"WHAT HAPPENED ohh fuck I needed that money for upgraded steaks!!"

atomico

Bought it off the site yesterday. The QL sold me, didn't even know it was GAF related until I saw Chubigans name on the Vertigo store

Am I doing something wrong or does the game look a bit weird (i.e. jaggy) full screen?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Watching someone panic during a robbery and not see the guys face at all? Hilarious.

"WHAT HAPPENED ohh fuck I needed that money for upgraded steaks!!"
Haha, poor guy! You actually just need to follow the instructions below...I guess I should have made that more clear. Bwahaha

Bought it off the site yesterday. The QL sold me, didn't even know it was GAF related until I saw Chubigans name on the Vertigo store

Am I doing something wrong or does the game look a bit weird (i.e. jaggy) full screen?
Unfortunately the game doesnt scale great to full screen, however the Mac build utilizes a new game engine, which doesn't have that side effect of pixel scaling. I can also port that version to PC, and I'll offer that version for those who have a few problems with the current build.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I picked up the game from your site chubigans when I got home from work. I kept seeing it mentioned in the Something Awful Steam Greenlight thread (I somehow missed this thread) and then the Giant Bomb QL sold me on it. Just completed my first star and I think it is great so far.

eroots

I can't believe GOG turned it down. Their loss. I played the demo and love it, hope it lasts for awhile (and that I can keep up!). If I buy through your website, can I re-download if needed in the future?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Thanks Gremlin!

I can't believe GOG turned it down. Their loss. I played the demo and love it, hope it lasts for awhile (and that I can keep up!). If I buy through your website, can I re-download if needed in the future?

You bet! Just contact me thru my site or PM me here and I'll send a fresh download link over.

I'm hoping to have some news on the Mac port early next week. Once it's ready, I'm not going to wait on the App Store, I'm just going to release it. Hopefully not too much longer!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
How long would it take for this to get through Steam Greenlight? I'm hoping to buy it on Steam with a Steam gift card.

I'm only 54% of the way to the top 100, with 30%+ due to the Giantbomb vid.

So I'd say it won't be till late next year, if ever. :(

Haunted

Steam needs to get their shit together if a game like this can sit on Greenlight for a while without anything happening. :mad:

Greenlight seems pretty inefficient. How many Greenlit games have been released on the store?

Bah. I was gonna wait for it to get the PC version (anxiously waiting iOS), but I will buy it through Vertigo.

Alex

Greenlight seems pretty inefficient. How many Greenlit games have been released on the store?

Bah. I was gonna wait for it to get the PC version (anxiously waiting iOS), but I will buy it through Vertigo.

Bit over 30, I think, there has been two waves with the second being larger.

Edit: Oh, on the store.... No idea, probably just a handful considering so many of them are upcoming titles.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm happy to announce that CSD is now available for the Mac! Download the demo and find out more details here: http://www.vertigogaming.net/blog/?p=2193

The Mac App Store version is coming in about three weeks. Apple takes that long to certify a game it looks like. :\ So I would probably not wait, since it takes that long to push patches through the app store too, whereas I can get a patch out for BMT Micro buyers (aka my website store) in just a few hours.

I'm happy to announce that CSD is now available for the Mac! Download the demo and find out more details here: http://www.vertigogaming.net/blog/?p=2193

The Mac App Store version is coming in about three weeks. Apple takes that long to certify a game it looks like. :\ So I would probably not wait, since it takes that long to push patches through the app store too, whereas I can get a patch out for BMT Micro buyers (aka my website store) in just a few hours.

Aw yeah. Question though, if I buy the Mac version do I also get the PC version? In case I want to play on another desktop, etc.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Aw yeah. Question though, if I buy the Mac version do I also get the PC version? In case I want to play on another desktop, etc.
Sure, I can do that, but it'll be a bit difficult to swap saves from version to version as the Mac version is sandboxed, meaning the Mac will place the save file somewhere in your system that's different for everyone.

But just contact me via the contact page and Ill send ya a PC copy!

Beast780

Meh I'll buy a copy somewhere else then, I really want this.

I just downloaded Desura and bought this game. After watching the GiantBomb Quick Look I had to have this. And yes, I also bought Farming Simulator 2013. :p

Psykotik

awesome! thanks!!!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Really enjoying this and voted for it and The Oil Blue on Greenlight. I'm disappointed to hear it doesn't look optimistic on getting them through though.

Chubigans, any chance of new content through an update or two? I don't have insane expectations or anything, just curious. Love the game as it is.

Xater

I did not know this has a OT. I bought the game yesterday and it is super fun.

If it gets on Steam are you thinking about adding achievements Chubigans? You could probably come up with some devious stuff. lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Really enjoying this and voted for it and The Oil Blue on Greenlight. I'm disappointed to hear it doesn't look optimistic on getting them through though.

Chubigans, any chance of new content through an update or two? I don't have insane expectations or anything, just curious. Love the game as it is.

Actually I did have another update available today, but so far it's mostly been bug fixes:

http://www.vertigogaming.net/blog/?p=2210

Right now I'm just trying to get CSD on many platforms as I can, then once I'm done with that I'll be able to go back and see if there's any more additions I can do, or if I should move onto a new game.

I did not know this has a OT. I bought the game yesterday and it is super fun.

If it gets on Steam are you thinking about adding achievements Chubigans? You could probably come up with some devious stuff. lol

That would be pretty awesome...I definitely won't rule it out! I think it's fairly easy to do in Game Maker now, or at least Hotline Miami managed to do it.

XiaNaphryz

Anyone else think it's a little weird that you can hit a number to deliver a finished order while doing a work chore and not get hit with a penalty if you haven't gotten to the sanitize hands step (if applicable) at the time you complete the order?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Anyone else think it's a little weird that you can hit a number to deliver a finished order while doing a work chore and not get hit with a penalty if you haven't gotten to the sanitize hands step (if applicable) at the time you complete the order?

Well to be fair, I never thought of it like that. :p

Also, I have some CSD news to share in a few weeks. Stay tuned. :D

XiaNaphryz

Well to be fair, I never thought of it like that. :p

As someone who started out in games QA for several years, it's hard not to pick up on little things. ;)

Also, Yukiko Amagi's a regular it seems. She's often the first person in. :p

She'd like you to stuff her potato.

1ZmMGl.jpg

She'd like you to prepare her fish.

1YBvHl.jpg

<insert Chie steak joke here>

dmQRDl.jpg

Top Bottom