• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! |OT|

parasight

Just purchased it off the Mac App Store. I can't seem to Fullscreen it without it crashing. I'm using a Retina MacBook Pro 15".

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
That's definitely a new one. It's likely related to the Game Maker engine, so I've filed a bug report and I'll get back to you as soon as they respond. Sorry about that. :(

Ken

Bought this for my iPad last night and it's really fun! I wish there were more dishes to serve though; any hopes of seeing cultural-focused expansions?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Bought this for my iPad last night and it's really fun! I wish there were more dishes to serve though; any hopes of seeing cultural-focused expansions?

Well actually the entire Specialty Menu is new; originally it was just 20 foods but has since expanded to the 30.

Right now there's no plans to add any more, as I want to move on to a new game after working a year on this one. Hope you enjoy the game and thanks for the support!

And I just realized I left parasight hanging; I uploaded a new version last week on the app store, hope that sorted out the bug. :(

Haunted

green%20traffic%20light.jpg

Greenlit! Congrats chubs, I hope it'll find some new customers on Steam and some legs in the Steam sales! :)

Anything special planned for the Steam version at release, or are you hard at work at your next game?

svegis

Haunted beat me to it but huge congratulations to chubigans for finally getting greenlit!
I've been harassing him in the past regarding how many votes were left, I'm glad I can stop harassing him about that. o) Here's to hoping Oil Blue gets the same treatment soon, too!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Thanks y'all! Man I can't believe it.

I definitely have some plans for the Steam release...I want to support achievements and trading cards, as well as use a new engine for the game that up scales the game better. Hopefully I can get it out by September. I'll post once I have more news. :D

WHAT A CRAZY DAY, holy crap.

Just got this from the GAF Bingo and I have to say, I'm impressed and addicted. Good work chibigans! I also told my friend who's interested in a culinary career to get it and he's hooked as well.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Just got this from the GAF Bingo and I have to say, I'm impressed and addicted. Good work chibigans! I also told my friend who's interested in a culinary career to get it and he's hooked as well.
Aw thanks! Congrats on the win! Glad you're enjoying the game. :)

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Got any kind of updates on how the Steam version is coming? Looking forward to getting back into this.

ajcacio

Banned
Hey chubigans,

Just wanted to say the iPad version is great. It was the only game I played on my flights this past week. The gf loves it too!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Got any kind of updates on how the Steam version is coming? Looking forward to getting back into this.

Indeed I do! Here's a rundown of all the new Steam stuff: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/100875859/1378405951?tscn=1378455045

Hey chubigans,

Just wanted to say the iPad version is great. It was the only game I played on my flights this past week. The gf loves it too!

Thanks! It's kind of funny how many couples like playing and passing this game, haha.

Camjo-Z

IDK how I didn't know about this game, I remember playing Ore no Ryomi 2 all the time as a kid so I'm definitely grabbing this when it comes out on Steam.

Haunted

So Steam versions is coming out today. Considering making a thread in gaming when it comes out.
I've updated the OP for this one, but that might be a good idea, yeah. Would increase visibility compared to the graveyard that is community. >_> So feel free to make a new thread!

Chubs, now that it's on Steam, how about a small GAF giveaway? I'll be expecting a steam key in my PM inbox later. :p

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I've updated the OP for this one, but that might be a good idea, yeah. Would increase visibility compared to the graveyard that is community. >_> So feel free to make a new thread!

Chubs, now that it's on Steam, how about a small GAF giveaway? I'll be expecting a steam key in my PM inbox later. :p

I've been giving away a few keys in the Steam thread actually. :D

Wow, I didn't realize chubigans made this. I only knew about it from Jeff and Ryan going on about it. Looking forward to playing it!

Cheddahz

Banned
I showed my mom the game (she's a fan of cooking games like this) and she ended up buying it! I watched her play it for a while and she seemed to really like it

I might just buy the game for myself

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I showed my mom the game (she's a fan of cooking games like this) and she ended up buying it! I watched her play it for a while and she seemed to really like it

I might just buy the game for myself

Oh wow, that's awesome! Glad she's likin' it. :)

Vlad

Well, figured I'd check this out after hearing all the rave reviews, and yeah, the game doesn't disappoint.

It also helps that one of my favorite classic arcade games is Tapper, and this pretty much scratches that exact same itch. What really struck me is the amount of strategy you can employ in selecting your menu. I ended up screwing myself over in one of my early days when I had both sopapillas and fried chicken on the menu on the same day. Since you have to just sit there and babysit both dishes while they're frying, I got into a little trouble when the entire building came down for lunch with a hankering for fried foods.

Yeah, this was one of the few requested features in the beta that didn't make it in the game- the way the game is programmed it would be hard for the game to "know" when you are hovering over icons so it can display info. It would require a ton of coding actually, and yeah, I don't know where to put it on the menu. :(

This was something that immediately jumped out to me and I'm glad to see I wasn't the only person who would have liked to have seen it. At this point, I've gotten a good handle on memorizing the various perks for each item, but it would be nice to have the prices displayed when you're setting up your menu. Right now I keep finding myself in situations where I'm torn between two particular items for the day, and the only deciding factor is revenue, which requires me to back out of the "buy food" menu, check the prices, then head back.

You wouldn't even have to just display information on a hover-over, just have it always displayed around or in the icon.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I could've sworn I just heard some background music from the game in a Subway commercial that just aired on TV.

Top Bottom