• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostinatto

tumblr_logdtmFgRD1qfnac5o1_500.jpg

lulz

Ostinatto said:
tumblr_logfj3iUTk1qfnac5o1_500.jpg

niembroo !!!!!

I punched this into Google Translate and I got:
"Uruguay's triumph
serves mouth?"

Can one of you hermanos or hermanas help me understand what that meme is actually saying? And who's the dude in the picture. I must know, I'm so curious now!

yellow submarine said:
"Uruguay's triumph
serves mouth?"

Can one of you hermanos or hermanas help me understand what that meme is actually saying? And who's the dude in the picture. I must know, I'm so curious now!

"Uruguay victory."

"It's helpful/useful to 'Boca'?"

'Boca' as the club Boca Juniors from the A series in Argentina.

And the dude in the picture is Fernando Niembro. A journalist from Argentina, one of the most impartial dudes ever.

Ezalc

MPW said:
yes! messi failed once again in international tourney!

now brazil win this shit just to rub salt in the wound!

While I'm rooting for Brazil, because it's the best country ever, I doubt they'll win it with the team they have.

Fady K

Ezalc said:
While I'm rooting for Brazil, because it's the best country ever, I doubt they'll win it with the team they have.

I think their team has a killer potential, but they just don't get sometimes :/

An hour and 15 minutes to go. Good luck to both teams.

Ostinatto

yellow submarine said:
"Uruguay's triumph
serves mouth?"

no matter what happens in the world niembro is always asking this

obama was elected ¿ le sirve a boca ?

:)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Fady K said:
I think their team has a killer potential, but they just don't get sometimes :/

An hour and 15 minutes to go. Good luck to both teams.

Oh fuck, this is at the same time as Nadeshiko's match?

I don't know what to watch.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ALTERNATIVE-CROP-OF-XDJ219-Arg_54187136786_54115221152_960_640.jpg

Messi should be given captain's armband. Showed a lot of balls throwing the first penalty after being booed the fuck out in that same stadium, and he shot it with such calm.

Mascherano is not really that good of a captain.

JJD

Ezalc said:

This. And I'm brazilian.

I think we will get to the finals, but if Uruguay play against us the same way they played agains Argentina, I think they're the favorite. I don't have high hopes for our current team.

But you know...chance and luck still play a part in the sport.

Edit. God damned, I'm not even patriotic or anything, but as far as national anthems go, Brazil's one of the best. Paraguay anthem just sucks...

Too bad as a nation, we're not even close to achieving the ideals of our anthem...

Someone should make a thread about the best national anthems.

Hyllian

Surprisingly (considering the shit it has been), Brasil is playing much better, deserved at least one goal.

Paraguai is trying to draw and going to the penalties. It isn't even a shadow of the last game.

BTW, the amount of sand in the field is amazing. It's almost Beach Soccer, LOL! That's to disguise the holes in the field.

paraguay is making way too many fouls. that referee has to pull the yellow card more often. the referee from argentina x uruguay yesterday had the right idea. this "conversation before cards" thing is bullshit.

7aged

Hyllian said:
Surprisingly (considering the shit it has been), Brasil is playing much better, deserved at least one goal.

Paraguai is trying to draw and going to the penalties. It isn't even a shadow of the last game.

BTW, the amount of sand in the field is amazing. It's almost Beach Soccer, LOL! That's to disguise the holes in the field.

The pitch is definitely not helping. Terrible surface.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Uruguay Vs Peru
SalsaShark Vs Jett
Forlan Vs Ñol Solano
Mate Vs Ceviche

Who will win?

feel

I remember other times when one mentioned Brazil's national squad in a conversation and it sent shivers down people's spines...

24lvj1y.jpg

2v8juy0.jpg

1zvpv95.jpg

Switching to woman's final, set the other game to record in case anything surprising happens

and japan just tied with 10min to go *grabs popcorn*

JJD

Fucking referee! Brazil made like 3 or 4 faults and already have 2 yellow cards. Paraguay spend the whole first half hitting brazilian players and have only 1...

dschalter

bone_and_sinew said:
Villar is reaching Muslera-tier in this game.

really? brazil's attack has been shitty and paraguay's defense has been solid for the most part (they haven't actually tried to attack).

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
dschalter said:
really? brazil's attack has been shitty and paraguay's defense has been solid for the most part (they haven't actually tried to attack).

Where was Paraguay's defense again during that point blank-save from a Lucio shot in the first half? And this last shot by Ganso was a superb save as well.

dschalter

bone_and_sinew said:
Where was Paraguay's defense again during that point blank-save from a Lucio shot in the first half? And this last shot by Ganso was a superb save as well.

he's been good (and was great just now), but muslera made a lot more saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom