• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Ostinatto said:
78169_tano-pasman-diarioshow-entrevista.jpg

LA PUTA QUE ME PARIO !!!!

lol

hahahaha brilliant.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
clemenx said:
Sorry but why is everything relating Messi so extreme?

He's not to blame for Argentina's play but he hasn't done anything deserving of praise with Argentina either.
I meant to say that they can't take advantage of having the best in the world. I just don't get it. On paper the team should be incredible (except the defense), but then there's no chemistry. I just don't know, it's fucking frustrating.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
SalsaShark said:
so apparently Tabarez has been asked to coach India's team, at least that's the word on the street.

Also, they're offering 30 mil

dayum :/

stay home Maestro, please.

La Celeste deserved to win for sure, people saying otherwise are mental, but Tabarez was fucking stupid for not pulling Perez off the pitch after his foul on Messi, you could see his red card coming from a mile afar

Salsa

Allan Holdsworth said:
Football fans usually don't care as much about the national team (understandably, since except the unders-xx, they have failed badly for the last 15 years)

My team is a really small B-team called Rampla Juniors. While its nice to be so close and personal with the team, and while i think a passion doesnt get better than that. Fighting from the bottom, knowing every fan, etc, its a whole different story when im rooting for my Country. I dont think what you say its true, at least not in South American futbol.

Dash Kappei said:
La Celeste deserved to win for sure, people saying otherwise are mental, but Tabarez was fucking stupid for not pulling Perez off the pitch after his foul on Messi, you could see his red card coming from a mile afar

It was a bad call for sure, but believe me, he's much better than the alternatives.

Noshino

Allan Holdsworth said:
Uh, it's that way in Argentina. Dunno about other countries.

I know it is personal experience, but they only south american person that I know that didn't care about his national football team was venezuelan (and just because he never played it, more of a baseball fan)

Error

I hope the press is happy, because they kept pushing Batista to include Tevez in the team. They got their wish and he missed a crucial penalty.

Kid Ying

iKeepPlaying said:
Excuse me? No, you're wrong.
he's not. Here in Brazil, a lot of people don't care for the Brazilian team at all. Most only care for their personal teams.

The problem is that a team made of a bunch of players that you don't even know and don't seem to care about the flag they represent... Don't call a lot of people.

That's why i'm jealous of the Uruguyan team. When you see them playing, you know why their people like them. When you see Neymar playing, you know why a lot of people cheer against Brazil here.

Salsa

I wanna play the final against Chile since my brother and a bunch of people i consider to be part of my family live there. Dont let me down peeps.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Also lol at people on forums singling out Tevez as the main culprit cause of his penalty.

Van Basten
Platini
Maradona
Baggio

Take your pick

dschalter

Dash Kappei said:
Also lol at people on forums singling out Tevez as the main culprit cause of his penalty.

Van Basten
Platini
Maradona
Baggio

Take your pick

tevez also was terrible in the first two games, though he was fine as a sub here.

Salsa

Kid Ying said:
That's why i'm jealous of the Uruguyan team. When you see them playing, you know why their people like them.

Its a wonderful thing, i think ive never seen a team that cheers and celebrates like us. Every time we win a match its like a world cup final. You just look at the guys reactions and you can see how truly happy they are. Should be like this with every team.

jett

D-Member
LA PUTA QUE ME PARIO
LA PUTA QUE ME PARIO
ESTAMOS EN LA B
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

ISAAAABEEEEEEL

:lol

mozfan12

Banned
So is there any way Batista will stay on as manager? Even then who would take a team with so much pressure? Bianchi?

As long as they keep losing I'll be happy, but these failures are much more structural than based on a single coach.

Altazor

SalsaShark said:
I wanna play the final against Chile since my brother and a bunch of people i consider to be part of my family live there. Dont let me down peeps.

I'd love it, man. So count me in for a Chile-Uruguay final :D

Noshino said:
I know it is personal experience, but they only south american person that I know that didn't care about his national football team was venezuelan (and just because he never played it, more of a baseball fan)

I mean football fans, not the people that cheer every 4 years when the WC starts. My reply was to a post about Tano Pasman, which I doubt cared about this as much as Riber.

Just watch the public in club football vs national team for proof.

Tevez has been horrible ever since his first injury in Boca.

mozfan12 said:
So is there any way Batista will stay on as manager? Even then who would take a team with so much pressure? Bianchi?

As long as they keep losing I'll be happy, but these failures are much more structural than based on a single coach.

Until Grondona dies Argentina will keep on failing. And Bianchi will never be the coach if he's on the chair.

Salsa

Im on the fucking floor laughing at all the tweets saying "YOU KNOW WHY MUSLERA IS SO GOOD, BECAUSE HE WAS BORN IN ARGENTINA!! LOOK IT UP!! ARGENTINA WOOO"

hahahahahah oh god, pathetic.

sestrugen

el tano pasman must be on suicide watch, Uruguay is returning to god tier in the football echelons, a place they never should have left

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Niks said:
argentina and colombia out...chile and brazil next?
lets rejoice in best guay knocking out evil argentina.

muslera was born in buenos aires damn. he was a boss on tyc sports just now. lol batista dead man walking on now...

K1LLER7

in my opinion, argentina messed up by not playing pastore enough in the copa. he helped them control the play better than gago.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
argentina are fucking loaded but batista is dumb as fuck. g milito should not start, I mean demichelis is better

madrid bout to play on espn deportes

Error

tevez wasn't even in Batista's plans after he pulled that shit in the friendly against Brazil, the press kept pressuring Batista with questions and shit till he finally caved in and put him in the squad.

Salsa

Error said:
tevez wasn't even in Batista's plans after he pulled that shit in the friendly against Brazil, the press kept pressuring Batista with questions and shit till he finally caved in and put him in the squad.

That's just bad coaching.

Fuck the press, Tabarez kept Cavani out when he was barely injured and it worked for him. Everyone was asking him about it.

Wonder if he'll recover though.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
SalsaShark said:
Its a wonderful thing, i think ive never seen a team that cheers and celebrates like us. Every time we win a match its like a world cup final. You just look at the guys reactions and you can see how truly happy they are. Should be like this with every team.
This is why I admire (and kind of envy) Uruguay's current generation so much.

Revoh

And when Paraguay wins against Brasil I'll celebrate with some Chipa Paraguaya
Chipa+Almidon.jpg

and Tereré
terere-722540.jpg

Vamos Albirroja la puta madre!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
SalsaShark said:

Don't wanna be a victory hugger, but Mexicans all over the country and abroad really love the national team. Which is strange, since we haven't won anything worth shit at the major level (that Confederations from 1999 aside).

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
SalsaShark said:

shut up salsa!
:p

anyways, congrats on yer team's win over the hosts. Muslera es la mera verga como portero.
So the final should be Uruguay vs Brasil?? :eek:

IF!!!! Brazil wins it, man Argentinian press is gonna have field day.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I really hope Uruguay wins. We need a real revenge for what happened at the World Cup,

That said I would be happy if Venezuela or Peru get it. :)

MPW

yes! messi failed once again in international tourney!

now brazil win this shit just to rub salt in the wound!

mozfan12

Banned
Ive been drunk since uruguay won, salsa im mexican but i fucking cried when uruguay won. Fuck messi, fuck higuian, fuck zenetti, thank jesus for forlan. Ima regret this shit In the morning!!! Forlan is a god to me

Fady K

Error said:
I meant to say that they can't take advantage of having the best in the world. I just don't get it. On paper the team should be incredible (except the defense), but then there's no chemistry. I just don't know, it's fucking frustrating.

It is frustrating. What frustrates me even more though is the team can never get a damn decent coach. Odd substitutions yesterday + odd placement of players.

DD

mozfan12 said:
Man this tournament would be a total bust if Brazil ends up winning the thing, I'm counting on you Paraguay.
H-hey, we're still way behind Argentina and Urugay in Copa America titles! :(

Wessiej

I just put a tenner on Uruguay to win the Copa. Just to let you know, éverytime I bet on something, I lose. So bestguay isn't going to win this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom