• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

scorcho said:
in honor of Best-Guay, i'm having a chivito

2010_09_16-uruguay.jpg

SOGOOOOOOD

Cerebral Assassin said:
Good game, although Uruguay were slightly lucky with Masch getting sent off.

our Penalties were surgical, and Muslera was god tier. Argentina almost missed two other penalties.

We won, and we deserved to win.

Kandinsky said:
So Uruguay keeps going on with the luck, its WC all over again, congrats i guess.

While the world cup was luck I don't see how this was in any way, they played well and created just as much as Argentina while being down one man for most of the match.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
This generation is a bunch of losers, they will never win anything. Can even take advantage of having the best player in the world.

SalsaShark said:
our Penalties were surgical, and Muslera was god tier. Argentina almost missed two other penalties.

We won, and we deserved to win.

It doesn't matter if you deserved to win or not, you won that's the important thing (but Masch shouldn't have been sent off).

Salsa

Cerebral Assassin said:
It doesn't matter if you deserved to win or not, you won that's the important thing (but Masch shouldn't have been sent off).

dude

he was kicking Suarez nuts since the match began, he deserved to be sent off since the first half.

Couldnt disagree more.

Its done though

clemenx

Banned
Error said:
This generation is a bunch of losers, they will never win anything. Can even take advantage of having the best player in the world.
Sorry but why is everything relating Messi so extreme?

He's not to blame for Argentina's play but he hasn't done anything deserving of praise with Argentina either.

Kid Ying

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
While the world cup was luck I don't see how this was in any way, they played well and created just as much as Argentina while being down one man for most of the match.
Yeah. They played with one man less most of the game and Argentina didn't manage to score. If that's luck...

Salsa

Messi is fucking surgical, a motherfucking beast.

He aint enough against an entire team though, even with 10 players.

Bryan1321

Banned
SalsaShark said:
oh god that video was the best thing ever

Edit: Video posted

Great for Uruguay, still i believe In Peru seriously

As Mexican, is always great seeing Argentina loosing

Yes i know our team were last place!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
DominoKid said:
lol its never Messi's fault.
He had two assists, put passes for at least 3 sitters and scored his penalty. It might have not been his best match, but he played well. Argentina is just a horrible team in his half of the field. Uruguay, with 10 men was able to generate as many chances as Messi and Higuain did. You wish I was speaking of the lack of efficaccy of Messi, but nope, I am just saying that a team worrying about defending, like the 10 men Uruguay, was too much of a challenge for the pathetic Argentinean defense. When bench riders like Gago and Milito are the references of your defense, you know you are going to get scored on.

Altazor

RIP Tano Pasman though :(

I mean, he must've died - he was on the verge of a heartattack thanks to River relegated to the B, and now Argentina losing @ home... poor guy, can't catch a break, can he?
3AQmK.gif

more seriously, congrats to Bestguay. It wasn't the prettiest of matches, but damn if it wasn't FUN and exciting, until the very end.

Now Chile has to win tomorrow. VAMOS CHILE MIERDA :D :D

Salsa

also, Forlan, Suarez, whatevs man, since Fucile is gone this is the best fucking player in the team:

267829.png

tell me one thing he does wrong. He's fucking PERFECT in his position, and dat penaly man, omg.

I love you Pelado.

sexy fuck as well man, im telling you i would suck this guy's dick tonight. I LOVE YOU.

dschalter said:
well, i mean, it wasn't. messi was fine.

Well, you can tell he's trying the same one-twos that he does with Barca's midfield, and it just isn't working. Even with quality players like Tevez and Higuain, he's not able to rampage like he does in La Liga.

Usually, he'll start out at the half line, and use other players as pinball bumpers to 1-2 his way into a shooting position. Argentina's players seem to like to hold on to the ball and dribble, or take their own shot instead of giving it back to him immediately. And even when they try to, they can't place it as well as say Xavi or Iniesta.

And in addition, it's not like Messi's trying a whole lot to adapt to the way Argentina plays with the players they have. He can't keep trying those 1-2s and expect them to work in the same compressed space. I saw him doing more dribbling and longer passes later in the game, but I think it's very hard for him to turn that part of his game off.

So, in conclusion, yes Argentina should exploit the fact that they have the best player of all time, but I think Messi needs to change his game/expectations a bit when he plays for his country vs his club.

Kandinsky

iKeepPlaying said:
You're from Chile, what the hell is going on with you?
You should be happy... Unless you bet on Argentina.
My father's family is from Argentina (including him), so yeah "la sangre tira" and all that stuff.

Salsa

so apparently Tabarez has been asked to coach India's team, at least that's the word on the street.

Also, they're offering 30 mil

dayum :/

stay home Maestro, please.

SalsaShark said:
so apparently Tabarez has been asked to coach India's team, at least that's the word on the street.

It's crazy. Football is huge in India, they just suck so badly at it, it's almost like in England.

Noshino

SalsaShark said:
also, Forlan, Suarez, whatevs man, since Fucile is gone this is the best fucking player in the team:

267829.png

tell me one thing he does wrong. He's fucking PERFECT in his position, and dat penaly man, omg.

I love you Pelado.

sexy fuck as well man, im telling you i would suck this guy's dick tonight. I LOVE YOU.

Haha, Salsa <3

But yah, he was playing rough during the first half, hell, like I said, if he kept playing like he had he would've been sitting at the bench with el ruso. Thankfully he was more carefull throughout the rest of the match.

It ll be great to see you guys again on the semi's ;)

Bryan1321

Banned
SalsaShark said:

Are you the only one from Uru-GAF

I mean, everyone should be on the streets celebrating.

So i expected more people, (aside from everyone who dislikes the Argentina Soccer team)

Also, Tabarez aint going nowhere

JJD

yellow submarine said:
So, in conclusion, yes Argentina should exploit the fact that they have the best player of all time, but I think Messi needs to change his game/expectations a bit when he plays for his country vs his club.

I lol'd. Messi still has a couple years ahead before those claims can be made. And no matter what he does on Barca or any other team, unless he wins a World Cup he won't be in the same league as Péle or even Maradona.

Altazor said:
RIP Tano Pasman though :(

I mean, he must've died - he was on the verge of a heartattack thanks to River relegated to the B, and now Argentina losing @ home... poor guy, can't catch a break, can he?
3AQmK.gif

more seriously, congrats to Bestguay. It wasn't the prettiest of matches, but damn if it wasn't FUN and exciting, until the very end.

Now Chile has to win tomorrow. VAMOS CHILE MIERDA :D :D

Football fans usually don't care as much about the national team (understandably, since except the unders-xx, they have failed badly for the last 15 years)

Salsa

Bryan1321 said:
Are you the only one from Uru-GAF

I mean, everyone should be on the streets celebrating.

So i expected more people, (aside from everyone who dislikes the Argentina Soccer team)

I think there's like 3 of us

but i like to stay on GAF and represent mang

going out in an hour or so, night's gonna be gooooood

Noshino

Allan Holdsworth said:
Football fans usually don't care as much about the national team (understandably, since except the unders-xx, they have failed badly for the last 15 years)

wut?

that's bullshit, if anything they are even worse when it comes to their national teams.

Altazor

Allan Holdsworth said:

yeah, It's not that uncommon tbh. I dunno, I deeply care about both my team AND my national team, but it's understandable.

TabrisRyu

SalsaShark said:
I think there's like 3 of us

but i like to stay on GAF and represent mang

going out in an hour or so, night's gonna be gooooood

I'm here too! I was seeing the game with my family, sooo damm happy

Salsa

Bryan1321 said:

Im a believer, but recently Tabarez has been ranked as one of the most underpaid coaches in Futbol. We just dont have the kind of money the average great coach gets paid.

Its a fucking shame too, he deserves all the money in the world. He's put together the best Uruguayan team in AGES.

U3lup.gif

Noshino said:
wut?

that's bullshit, if anything they are even worse when it comes to their national teams.

Sure isn't for me. I like seeing teams with assholes on them fail but don't really care much for my own national team, don't even watch all their matches. Club football is where it's really at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom