• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing to come out of this game:

Patty-Orue-6.jpg

immortal-joe said:
Ok so what's the verdict on GAF about the turf's condition? You guys think that played a factor in those insane penalties?

I mean, there were insane misses on both teams, and the ripping of the field as every shot was taken was waaaay overboard :/

Paraguay took the penalties from the same spot.
Besides, Brazil should have never let it come that far in the first place. If you can't dispose of a heavily overmatched opponent within 120 mins there's nobody to blame but you.

DD

Insane Metal said:
Gibe us Muricy plox
I dunno if Muricy is a man to be on the national team. Surely he's tallented, good enough to be the coach of any team in the world, except the national team, Barcelona, and Arsenal.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Daniel Dantas said:
I dunno if Muricy is a man to be on the national team. Surely he's tallented, good enough to be the coach of any team in the world, except the national team, Barcelona, and Arsenal.
Well, he's the best one we've got.

Imp the Dimp said:
Paraguay took the penalties from the same spot.
Besides, Brazil should have never let it come that far in the first place. If you can't dispose of a heavily overmatched opponent within 120 mins there's nobody to blame but you.

They most certainly are the ones to blame, no argument there. But I think that the media world-wide WILL use the turf as a major contributor to the loss.

Still, those misses / saves...WOW.

Now, do a France-style shake-up; and for fuck's sake...bring in Marcelo!

Noshino

clemenx said:
Peru is definitely the most shocking team overall. Considering how bad they were on the past qualifiers.

While they have good players, in general there is a national hate towards Manuel Burga, the guy in charge of the peruvian football federation. I mean, it is so bad that officials, players, and the general public hates this guy. Yet he still get elected time after time.

Its rather insane that we got a competent coach, and even more so that we have gotten so far on this cup.

dschalter

immortal-joe said:
They most certainly are the ones to blame, no argument there. But I think that the media world-wide WILL use the turf as a major contributor to the loss.

Still, those misses / saves...WOW.

Now, do a France-style shake-up; and for fuck's sake...bring in Marcelo!

marcelo lied about injuries to get out of international duty. maybe not the best choice.

DD

Brazil said:
Well, he's the best one we've got.
I think that Arsene Wenger would fit like a glove on the brazilian national team. But since CBF never hire foreigners, I think that Felipão and Dunga are still our best names.

DD

jamesinclair said:
Lol, this is what happens when you're "too good" for Kaka and Ronaldinho.

Who cares if they like clubs? At least they score.
Forget Ronaldinho. He's not that good anymore.

But I miss Kaká. :(

Revoh

OMFG! I can't believe we won, we played badly but I don't fucking care anymore. Justo Villar te amo la puta que te pariooooo!

Fady K

Regulus Tera said:
Oh fuck, this is at the same time as Nadeshiko's match?

I don't know what to watch.

I hate when that happens. I was excited for the women's world cup final as well and it was at the same time almost.

Error said:
Messi should be given captain's armband. Showed a lot of balls throwing the first penalty after being booed the fuck out in that same stadium, and he shot it with such calm.

Mascherano is not really that good of a captain.

Agreed. His composure was great for the whole game. He just seemed more responsible. Thank God he scored that penalty, otherwise the media and "fans" would've ripped him to shreds, as always :/ At least they played better than Brazil (and I love Brazil!)- who had THE WORST PENALTY SHOOTOUT IN HISTORY TODAY!

SamuraiX- said:
Hey, look. A goal after 120 minutes and 4 penalty attempts.

Seriously. What the hell.

jett said:
I've never seen a more horrible penalty shootout.

Seriously. And to think it would come from BRAZIL :S

DD

Fady K said:
At least they played better than Brazil
U MAD?

immortal-joe said:
Did he?? I thought MAdrid produced the medical paperwork to prove the injuries were real?
LOL, funny story. Marcelo sent an email by accident to one of the technical staff of the national team saying something like "that 'injure' issue with the natinal team is solved. I will play our next match. Luv you Madrid guys."

Altazor

it's like we're trying to do something but we can't do shit becuse: a) we're very imprecise today, and b) Venezuela's blocking everything and cutting the pace of the game.

edit:

and c) the referee's blowing the whistle constantly.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Altazor said:
it's like we're trying to do something but we can't do shit becuse: a) we're very imprecise today, and b) Venezuela's blocking everything and cutting the pace of the game.

edit:

and c) the referee's blowing the whistle constantly.
D) you're not as great as you think you are.

clemenx

Banned
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL EL COÑOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODSAIGFIYDOSGFDSGHSFGIHJFGSJSDFJD

TOOOOMEN EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESAFDSFSGSFGSFGFS

VIZCABOBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom