• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

I'm Brazilian, and I called them not being able to beat Paraguay. That game and especially those penalties were just fucking embarrassing. Gat damn.

JJD

Norante said:
Com certeza.

I just want to see how the media will make excuses for this shit.

This...Mano's the darling of the brazilian media (Globo)...they'll make a way to excuse him of this crap...

I just wish he would be man enough to resign.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Tournaments like these luck have a lot to do with winning. that and if the keeper of the opposing team is inspired, then watch out.

whatever, so glad Brazil is eliminated.

the level of playing is so equal in South America, the quaIifiers are going to be amazing.

DD

Insane Metal said:
If he plays for any other team as well as he play for Santos, that's a nicely spent money. For the national team, on the other hand.... LOL
I think he's not ready to be on the main team yet.

And I think that Mano shoudn't take Ganso out of the game. :(

feel

Main event coming up!!!! (for me) VAMOS VINOTINTO!

Oveja Negra said:
In all seriousness, the whole set of penalties was executed like shit (including the paraguayans).
No, they were very nervous, leaning their bodies forward (so the ball doesn't go up) and just putting some good power behind it aiming somewhat through the middle without caring for placement was the correct thing to do, specially with the pitch not providing the other foot with reliable stability.

confuziz

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
I was watching the Women's World Cup Final during this match.

Wtf was the deal with the 2 red cards for both teams in the 102nd minute?

Some fighting, some acting. Think barca against real =P

rodvik

BlueMagic said:
You are greatly underestimating Uruguay.

Not at all, I love Uruguay. Great team. I am suggesting Argentina was an embarrassment this copa given the talent at their disposal. But yes Brazil managed to go one better in the embarrassment rankings :)

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
SamuraiX- said:

A scrum broke out, a punch was thrown, ref just stood back and watch.

SamuraiX- said:

That was funny. 3 red cars being handed out simultaneously actually.

I had the TV with Brazil and the laptop with USA.

clemenx

Banned
Error said:
Tournaments like these luck have a lot to do with winning. that and if the keeper of the opposing team is inspired, then watch out.

whatever, so glad Brazil is eliminated.

the level of playing is so equal in South America, the quaIifiers are going to be amazing.
THIS.

Can't fucking wait for the start of the qualifiers.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Kid Ying said:
The problem is not the coach... Well... Actually, it is, but i don't think it's all Mano's fault.

It's just that the team itself is not good. CBF pressed Mano to choose a whole new set of players after the fiasco of last year, but they should've done a transition with experienced players and new talents, not just new people.

This cup we had a bunch of kids who never played a tournament in the brazilian squad. It was a bad idea right from the start.
I really doubt CBF pressed Mano to pick up André Santos and Elias. He's just a bad coach who isn't and never will be at the National team level.

Javier

VAMOS CHILE MIERDA!!

2.jpg

JJD

rodvik said:
Failing to beat a 10 man side when you have some of (including the) best players in the world? Pretty bad imho. But yes at least Argentina failed in an entertaining manner. Brazil managed somehow to be worse and duller.

Football isn't as black and white. Uruguay lost a player, but the remaining 10 played even harder after that and the team clearly improved on the game.

Argentina played as best as they could, Uruguay was just hungrier. Props to then. No demerits to the argentine squad.

DD

JJD said:
This...Mano's the darling of the brazilian media (Globo)...they'll make a way to excuse him of this crap...

I just wish he would be man enough to resign.
Although id love to see Dunga or Felipão back, Mano won't be fired. He's just too sweet with the press, and that's exactly what Globo wants.

Talking about Globo, on the other hand, they don't make those horrible mistakes like the argentinian TV does, gee!

Talking about argentinians, what a ridiculous referee!

Letters said:
No, they were very nervous, leaning their bodies forward (so the ball doesn't go up) and just putting some good power behind it aiming somewhat through the middle without caring for placement was the correct thing to do, specially with the pitch not providing the other foot with reliable stability.

I disagree, those paraguayans penalties were pretty much a perfect example of what NOT to do at that instance. They were just lucky with the brazilian goalie :)

To execute it like that is a fucking russian roulette, man.

Anyways...

Vamos Chile, mierda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

T Ghost

You can put whomever to coach. As long that you depend on that farce of Neymar, Ganso, Robinho & Pato this is the best that you will see Brazil playing. Specially Neymar. What a fucking joke this pathetic excuse of.a human being is. No talent whatsoever, a lie created to make money to its craeators. Meninos da vila my fucking arse. Pathetic.

SamuraiX-

I gotta see that fight. It was probably full of lulz

So Brazil won the Copa America 5 of their last 9 appearances.

How the mighty have fallen...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
iKeepPlaying said:
Don't you brazilians hate best-guay?
Not at all. We only hate Argentina. Everyone here was rooting for Uruguay after we got kicked out of the WC last year.

Besides, they have Lugano and Forlán. Look at my avatar.

Also, they have Soares. I'll love Uruguay forever for eliminating Ghana like that.

DD

Oveja Negra said:
I disagree, those paraguayans penalties were pretty much a perfect example of what NOT to do at that instance. They were just lucky with the brazilian goalie :)

To execute it like that is a fucking russian roulette, man.
They did what they had to do. The pitch was awful (see the right foot of André Santos going to hell when he kicks), so, the only way to score was to make sure the ball wont go out. The brazilian players, on the other hand, tried to put the ball.

clemenx

Banned
A good friend of mine has dual Chilean-Venezuelan nationality :) I've been teasing her since friday.

She better support Venezuela! She lives here lol.

DD

iKeepPlaying said:
I thought brazilians were still mad about the "maracanazo".
I would be
Yahaha, it doesn't bother that all (damn, 61 years already! C'mon! xD).

But yeah, we bazilians usually root for our neighbours, but never, NEVAH, against Argentina. xD

Ok so what's the verdict on GAF about the turf's condition? You guys think that played a factor in those insane penalties?

I mean, there were insane misses on both teams, and the ripping of the field as every shot was taken was waaaay overboard :/

Kid Ying

iKeepPlaying said:
I thought brazilians were still mad about the "maracanazo".
I would be
Some people still care, but today, it's not the same thing.

And there's only one solution for the brazilian team:

dunga7.jpg

VOLTA DUNGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom