• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
memes-mexico-vs-uruguay-2.jpg

on the bright side Europe was asleep for this, so on a global level this will not haunt the Mexican team nearly as much as the 7:1 from Brazil where the whole world saw it live and therefore will be remembered forever and always.
Not to mention the fact that that was also a semifinal and in a World Cup and Brazil was playing as host.

This Mexico loss, while devastating and scandalous, is not even in the same stratosphere as Brazil's.

The most beautiful thing was how the mexican fans were throwing shit at the chileans after the goals, but after the fifth one they just gave up. I hope this somehow makes them behave .

Until we loose by that much in a World Cup semifinal as hosts we're still behind them. The magnitude of Brazil's L was way worse than this

It may not be quite as bad because Mexico is no Brazil. Brazil has won 5 World Cups, has had countless legendary players, and a tremendous pedigree.

That said, this Copa tournament was basically home territory for Mexico. Their games had bigger attendances than the US games, so it could be argued they were a co-host of sorts. Mexico is considered a regional power, so getting drubbed by Chile 7-0 is really really bad. Chile is a very good team, but they're no Germany. Mexico should not be losing to Chile 7-0 on essentially their home soil.

Ryck

A buddy of mine put it in perspective. "Hey man we only lost by a touchdown"

-_-

The most beautiful thing was how the mexican fans were throwing shit at the chileans after the goals, but after the fifth one they just gave up. I hope this somehow makes them behave .
I sincerely doubt it. It's more embarrassing to me as a Mexican than losing 7-0.

Also the oles against México, and the PUUUTOOO when Ochoa was kicking.

It was sublime :D

PS: I'll change my avatar until this Copa ends. That guy's face is priceless hahaahha.

It may not be quite as bad because Mexico is no Brazil. Brazil has won 5 World Cups, has had countless legendary players, and a tremendous pedigree.

That said, this Copa tournament was basically home territory for Mexico. Their games had bigger attendances than the US games, so it could be argued they were a co-host of sorts. Mexico is considered a regional power, so getting drubbed by Chile 7-0 is really really bad. Chile is a very good team, but they're no Germany. Mexico should not be losing to Chile 7-0 on essentially their home soil.
I said it in a prior post, but I'm beggining to feel that having that second home is detrimental to Mexico because they're always hailed as heroes or at the very least over inflates their ego. i also feel like a lot of the Mexican fans over here don't follow Football on the regular and therefore don't really care about the out come. The throwing shit on the field and constant antagonizing just makes us look bad. I don't remember any of this shit in the WC, but seems regular in the US.

Ostinatto

I'm happy because now people will realize how hard are World Cup play-offs and the real Copa America here in south america.

Gracias Varguitas.

oqq_c5hmy_l.jpg

Ōkami

FeminineHilariousCurlew-size_restricted.gif

I am soooooooooooooooo mad I missed this match, thought it was on Sunday!

It must really hurt for Mexico to lose, being the host nation at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom