• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Frank Zappa avatar was great, whats that?

MonaZappa will return at the end of this Copa.

Current avatar is this mexican guy laughing at other mexican (upper right)

obGi9lj.jpg

:D :D :D

Dartastic

I was hoping so bad it would end at 6-0 so I could quote the Offspring at Mexican fans. "UNO DOS TRES QUATRO CINCO CINCO SEIZ. GIVE IT TO ME BABY! UHHUH UH HUH"

It's the one saving grace. That maybe we won't get our asses handed to us so badly. Plus our defense is decent and we have a good goalkeeper.

You're really excellent, man. Whoever thinks Chile will destroy Colombia, knows nothing about football.

Either team can win. It will be great, but it sucks we will be missing such a key player. Oh, well... ce'st la vie.

Damn Ochoa used to be such a good goalkeeper. He has lost his ability

Ochoa had little to do with the result. Yeah, in two goals he bounced the ball in not the best way, but mostly it was the defenders and the truly excellent Chile's playing.

You're really excellent, man. Whoever thinks Chile will destroy Colombia, knows nothing about football.

Either team can win. It will be great, but it sucks we will be missing such a key player. Oh, well... ce'st la vie.
Colombia beat Chile two years ago with a better team. Today we have a decent team that somehow has lost its ability to make goals. That's why I'm very worried.

Yes, the saving grace is Vidal not being there for that game.

Ochoa had little to do with the result. Yeah, in two goals he bounced the ball in not the best way, but mostly it was the defenders and the truly excellent Chile's playing.
Mexico's defense might as well be nonexistent. I've no idea how something can go so catastrofically wrong. It looked like they weren't even trying.

Just woke up, 7-0 holyyyy shiiit what the fuck happened with Mexico?
Mis respetos a la seleccion Mexicana; en homenaje al profesor jirafales se estan dejando meter toda la longaniza

Um wow, all that foreboding about Mexicos lack of defense in the group stage sure came to bear tonight. Was kind of hoping for a USA Mexico third place match. Oh well.

Ochoa can't do miracles. The defense has to put at least 1% effort.

I'd say only Vargas' 4th goal was Ochoa's fault. If he repositioned himself, he probably could have cut off the angle better. Otherwise yeah it was basically the fault of the defense that put him in bad situations.

I bet the other two keepers are eternally grateful to the coach for not choosing them to play this match. None of them want their face associated with this half-century embarrassment.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Argies should have no problem winning the cup, even at home Chile managed a draw with Argentina and only won on penalties in the last Copa America. If Di Maria manages to get fit for semis and the final, there's no way Argentina loses unless they play like absolute garbage.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Chile is good, but Mexico absolutely gave up after 3-0. Argentina is still, by far, the favorites to win this tournament.

nay Mexico gave up when Chile was up by 2-0..from then on Mexico's spirit was crushed...they're quite feeble psychologically speaking...so its not a surprise that Chile scored that many on them.

Daigoro

This copa America has been so much better than the euro so far. The euro has been boring as shit.

it really has. too many euro teams playing it safe to make it out ofbthe group with 3 moving on.

should improve I. the next few rounds. but yeah, the copa has been great.

LAM09

Vargas doesnt really have a good goal scoring record for club, yet he does well for his country.

Hasn't had the same supporting cast at the clubs he's played at. Been touted for a big move (was Arsenal last season), but it hasn't happened.

Dinokill

This copa America has been so much better than the euro so far. The euro has been boring as shit.

But we have some people saying that the Euro so far is amazing because it turned into a charity case. I mean, one guy was saying that the Euro should be 32 fucking teams. I

Nephtis

Mexico had never been beaten this bad. Wow.

I'm glad I missed that match, I don't think I could've handled something as embarrassing as that. Good job to Chile, the win was well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom